Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Gaming (Video, Table Top, Card, Board, Etc.) Discussion Forum
Dark Souls

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 am
User Image

Dark souls, possibly my favorite RPG of all time. A game that doesn't hold your hand or make things easy for you, playing through it is a challenge. It doesn't tell you how to play or make you deal with a watered down game for the sake of casual players like every other RPG on the market. No, Dark Souls requires you to learn its combat and mechanics, which are absolutely great. It asks you to fight enemies which you have never faced before, but whether you adapt or not is all on you. It is a game known for lacking any mercy, while still being completely fair. It has probably one of the best stories of any modern series and you'll only get told a small bit of it from playing. Every other part of the lore, every character's history you have to figure out and find. This is a game that is mature and dark, hidden and mysterious, definitely not something for children like many others. If you haven't played it I highly suggest you give it a try. Just remember, you will die, and you will die a lot.

So, if anyone has played this Masterpiece, what was your favorite boss?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:21 pm
If by "favorite" you mean "the one I feel guiltiest for killing" it's a tie between the Twilight Butterfly and Sif... (I am so sorry puppy...)

Do you wish Priscilla was pactable as much as I do?  

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:40 pm
Actually that was their plan with her before release, but they scrapped that idea sadly as they felt it just didn't fit with the Atmosphere. I still wish they had gone with Andre as the God of War, and the Wandering Black Knights.

Those are indeed sad fights, for me it would have to be Gwyn. As a huge lore nerd on that game his struggle, ideals, and fall just always make me feel quite hopeless and depressed. It's a very powerful fight.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:02 pm
The whole game is you sifting through the ashes of Olympus. Plundering a monument to the death of the gods. It's a powerful game lore wise. Easily one of the best RPGs to date.  

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 pm
Definitely agreed with on that one, do you ever miss your first playthrough? I know I definitely miss that experience of wandering in the dark hoping around that next corner was a bonfire.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:36 pm
Lord Maxdom
Definitely agreed with on that one, do you ever miss your first playthrough? I know I definitely miss that experience of wandering in the dark hoping around that next corner was a bonfire.

I'm still on mine. I stopped playing a while ago because my girlfriend was feeling neglected. sweatdrop  

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 pm
I'm taking a break myself, but it's more so I got a bit burned out on the game, almost 1000 hours as well as 900 of that being just PvP, but one day I will return to my love, Dark Souls haha.

Though I would definitely have quit for a girl haha, so good on you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 pm
User Image

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 am
Good old Jolly Co-Op, I always enjoy helping some people out when I'm not wraithing or forest hunting keheheheh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm
User Image  

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 am
Lord Maxdom
Good old Jolly Co-Op, I always enjoy helping some people out when I'm not wraithing or forest hunting keheheheh.

Decided to pick it up again. What's the deal with that spiral staircase in New Londo. I walk through the white fog, and there's nothing there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Byakko Yasutsuki
Lord Maxdom

I'm still on mine. I stopped playing a while ago because my girlfriend was feeling neglected. sweatdrop
This is why my bf is so lucky he has a gamer girlfriend! We play together!  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm
also this looks like a good game will have to add it to my when I magically have disposable income purchase list  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:41 am
I have returned to Lordran. I beat it a while ago. I'm picking it back up. I have decided to go with a sorcerer to start. Gonna turn him into a nasty fighter. I'm ignoring dex and str for the most part. Gonna give him Velka's Rapier as a weapon. Need to work on my vitality...  

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Gaming (Video, Table Top, Card, Board, Etc.) Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers