Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
Doctor Who or Sherlock, anybody?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you watched either of the shows?
  Yes, both
  No, neither
  Yes, Sherlock
  Yes, Doctor Who
View Results

chemra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 am
I can't get over how amazing these shows are. I'm slowly getting all of my friends to watch Doctor Who, and I've started re-watching Sherlock episodes- it's almost pathetic, but I love it so much! The BBC knows how to keep me entertained. Any thoughts on them? Favorite characters, doctors, episodes, similarities, etc? As a side note, the music in both is just brilliant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 am
sherlock all day emotion_omnomnom

idg the obsession with doctor who, though. D:  

County Comptroller

GO

chemra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 am
Sacurrity

Yes, a fellow Sherlock fan! heart

It's not an obsession for me, per se, but Doctor Who is a long running and brilliantly written show and it makes me laugh. Some of the scripts are written by Steven Moffat! My brother also watches it, so as silly as it sounds, it's a sibling bonding opportunity! Have you watched it at all?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:36 am
Aemm300
Sacurrity

Yes, a fellow Sherlock fan! heart

It's not an obsession for me, per se, but Doctor Who is a long running and brilliantly written show and it makes me laugh. Some of the scripts are written by Steven Moffat! My brother also watches it, so as silly as it sounds, it's a sibling bonding opportunity! Have you watched it at all?
mhm ^-^

it has its good scenes, and i appreciate the amount of thought put into each episode, but i guess the special effects and some of their actors come off as... kind of cheesy (imho) sweatdrop  

County Comptroller

GO

County Comptroller

GO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 am
i also re-watch episodes of sherlock over and over. i just like it so much. o A o  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am
Sacurrity
i also re-watch episodes of sherlock over and over. i just like it so much. o A o

Haha ohhh, i see. Yeah, Doctor Who can be cheesy sometimes, but I guess I've grown to love that.

Every time I re-watch I notice something new or interesting! Ahh if I had to choose my favorite TV show, Sherlock would probably win. Not only is it amazing, but Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman...wow. Nothing but praise. Do you have a favorite episode?  

chemra

County Comptroller

GO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am
Aemm300
Sacurrity

Haha ohhh, i see. Yeah, Doctor Who can be cheesy sometimes, but I guess I've grown to love that.

Every time I re-watch I notice something new or interesting! Ahh if I had to choose my favorite TV show, Sherlock would probably win. Not only is it amazing, but Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman...wow. Nothing but praise. Do you have a favorite episode?
i love season 2, let's just say that. lol

each episode of the season had it's shining moment. my three favorite moments were:

1) sherlock taking revenge on the thug who harmed mrs. hudson
2) john punches someone in the face for calling sherlock a weirdo
3) sherlock making john coffee (in the baskerville episode)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 am
Sacurrity
Aemm300
Sacurrity

i love season 2, let's just say that. lol

each episode of the season had it's shining moment. my three favorite moments were:

1) sherlock taking revenge on the thug who harmed mrs. hudson
2) john punches someone in the face for calling sherlock a weirdo
3) sherlock making john coffee (in the baskerville episode)

Oh WOW, yes to season 2. I had to watch it online because I could not wait for it to be released in the US. I couldn't have handled that...but now everyone has to wait for season 3. It's already been excruciating.
I love the moments where you can see how much Sherlock cares for people, despite how emotionless he seems. He threw that guy out of a window several times, if I'm correct. Mrs. Hudson is in good hands.
Ahh yes, John punching that guy...and then he and Sherlock ran away handcuffed together. Great moment.
And the coffee! Haha poor John, I don't think Sherlock makes the best coffee, but he did try, bless him. It was adorable!
One of my favorite little scenes is the scene in the Belgravia episode- 'Are you wearing any pants?' Not only is it funny, but they show it! Sherlock laughs! Two best friends laughing over something silly...That scene makes me smile every time.  

chemra

County Comptroller

GO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 pm
Aemm300

One of my favorite little scenes is the scene in the Belgravia episode- 'Are you wearing any pants?' Not only is it funny, but they show it! Sherlock laughs! Two best friends laughing over something silly...That scene makes me smile every time.
ikr heart

i mean, yeah, he smirks every now and then, but seeing him chuckle with john is priceless. :' D  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm
omg yes yes both yes. Lets be friends mrgreen

Fav character.. hhmmm...
DW: A 3 way tie between 10,Jack, and the Master
Sherlock: John

Ahhhh yes.. have you by any chance watched Supernatural? There is this amazing thing called Superwholock on deviantart and tumblr which, I must say, makes my day. razz  

pinkbuddy36

Tipsy Pyromaniac

14,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Firestarter 200

T3h Jinji

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200