Yes!
  NO >:U
  It was alriiiight
  YAY free gold!
View Results

fresky

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:40 pm
These are just a few ideas that I've had, that could be interesting to focus on as a subject or "theme" for pictures:

This has been attempted by a lot of people already, and is kind of overplayed. However, it's still good if you're interested in seeing how your personality grows and changes and is good practice for candid/portrait photos. Just take a creative picture of yourself, or the people you've spent time with once a day - every day - for a year.

- 52+ Challenge!
(Suggested by *minimishi)
This is the same idea as the 365, but is good for people to still work with the same concept even if they have a busy schedule (taking a different picture once a day everyday is kinda hard to do if you have school, work, kids, younger siblings, etc...) And with this, you would only have to take a picture about once a week!

- Focusing on color!
Do a series of pictures that focuses on the different shades of a specific color, or odd colors on odd things, etc...

- Changing face?
Take a straightforward picture of your face (or someone else's) everyday for x amount of time, once you're done take a verticle sliver of each portrait and merge them to create an image of your face over x amount of time.
not sure if I explained that well at all. sweatdrop

- Body Parts
This is pretty much self explanatory. Take pictures that creatively accent different parts of the body. (Collarbones, eyes, legs, hips, spine, neck, feet, stomach, etc...)

- Love/Hate
(Suggested by Jacesin)
Take photo's that incorporate the different emotions of love and hate, or combine them into one image.

- Fruits!
(Suggested by *minimishi)
Seems pretty simple right? Well, only if you make it that way! Try giving them personalities and photograph a story, carve into them and take photo's of the designs. Try adding food coloring to the inside, or make stamps out of them and photograph the prints! There's a lot more you can do with fruit than you think, and it makes for good still life practice all the same. Be creative with it!

- Wind
Now before you guys think I'm crazy for telling you to try and take pictures of something you can't even see, think about it. There are lots of ways you can photograph wind. Take photo's of lost shopping bags being blown around the trees, leaves falling, a scarf or a balloon, have a friend throw feathers or glitter into the air. You decide what gets blown away and you get good practice on movement photography. The only thing I suggest for this one if you're just starting to work with movement is start with objects that you can retrieve and try again with, because depending on the wind you might miss and you don't want to be all out of glitter on the first or third shot!

p.s. Anyone who's name is marked with a * in suggestions is part of the crew!

I'll come up with more ideas and add to this thread later when I have the time, untill then feel free to post your own ideas (which I may add to this list whee ), comments, or any photos you've done based on these ideas, whatever else, etc...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 pm
i think we should have something between love and hate or a mixture of both  

jacesin

fresky

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:58 pm
jacesin
i think we should have something between love and hate or a mixture of both

That's a cool idea, haha. I'll add that! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 pm
365 is a really hard thing to keep up with (especially for those of us with full time jobs like myself) i wish i had the time to shoot stuff everyday, but sadly there just isnt enough time in the day...
maybe if it were more of a 52+ challenge at least 1 photo taken every week...?

also another idea... fruits & veggies. it would be semi still life, but with your own creative flare! a fellow classmate of mine did an entire semester series on apples alone. cutting into them, creating a story about a red & green apple... giving them personalities... but thats just one way to portray inanimate objects!  

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

lavender lait

Obsessive Vampire

10,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 am
I like the last idea.. The one about the love/hate image(s).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:17 am
I think you and minimishi should collaborate. You kind of have the same idea.  

scelestic

fresky

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 am
minimishi
365 is a really hard thing to keep up with (especially for those of us with full time jobs like myself) i wish i had the time to shoot stuff everyday, but sadly there just isnt enough time in the day...
maybe if it were more of a 52+ challenge at least 1 photo taken every week...?

also another idea... fruits & veggies. it would be semi still life, but with your own creative flare! a fellow classmate of mine did an entire semester series on apples alone. cutting into them, creating a story about a red & green apple... giving them personalities... but thats just one way to portray inanimate objects!

True! The first time I attempted a 365 I barely made it to 100 sweatdrop so a 52+ challenge is definitely a good idea. As well as the fruits! I'm adding both blaugh  
Submit an Idea!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games