Submit

MadSam123

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:58 pm
I've been noticing this more and more recently, but there is a line that keeps coming up on my images. It's not on the lens, but it only shows up after I've taken the image, I can't see it on my digital viewfinder before hand.

I've looked up on the internet numerous times to find out what the line is, but I can't find anything. I'm almost praying to Primus that it's not something that is going to cost hundreds to repair, I have no money to replace my camera!

I use a Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR. You can see the line on the images below, in the shadow of the first one and on the T-Rex chocolate in the second. It's been getting more and more visible the more I use my camera.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:46 pm
I actually had this happen to me once with my Rebel XS. Not sure what it actually is, and didn't really know at the time either. I believe I used the virtual sensor cleaning built in the camera and it fixed it's self. Not sure. Either that or I blew on the inside. Through online reading I read it could be a faulty CCD. (charge-coupled device) and to ask the manufacture if they can fix it for free because it is usually a factory fault.  

I Am A Photographer
Crew

Conservative Explorer

MadSam123

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 pm
I Am A Photographer
I actually had this happen to me once with my Rebel XS. Not sure what it actually is, and didn't really know at the time either. I believe I used the virtual sensor cleaning built in the camera and it fixed it's self. Not sure. Either that or I blew on the inside. Through online reading I read it could be a faulty CCD. (charge-coupled device) and to ask the manufacture if they can fix it for free because it is usually a factory fault.

I've had Shuttershy for about a year now and I've also looked around at what's wrong, I can get it sent to Fuji who will repair it but it's going to cost me a minimum of £75... I can't afford that.  
Photography Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games