Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply My Stuff
OC Drawing Contest Layout - OVER

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:49 am
This image is of Risa and was done by CielBleu94.User Image Welcome everyone to my contest in which you can win prizes if you draw one or more of my Original Characters. I am still developing each of their personalities, so please have fun with this contest.

Everyone who enters will receive 1,000 gold for one entry per character and 2,500 gold once for a group shot of all five characters. This means you can earn a total of 7,500 gold by entering each contest. The group picture only counts if you do all five characters. Feel free to ask for permission otherwise. I do this because I think anyone who is taking the effort to draw and submit artwork to my contest deserves a little tip. If I notice you are quickly turning out quick sketches that are no good just for the gold, and not actually trying, I reserve the right to ban you from entering the rest of the contest and you will receive no additional gold. You should get the trade with the gold within a few days of having posted the picture(s). Please host the pictures on your site for at least 7 days. Sometimes I am unable to get on the computer due to my busy schedule.

Also, to receive the gold, you must follow all rules. Everyone who enters will get some gold (I don't want your efforts to be in vain) so long as they follow the rules. And if you enter more than 1 piece of art, you can win more than 1 major prize in addition to what you received for the art work originally. But every piece may win only once so the more you enter, the more chances you have of winning.

Warning: I will close the contest early if I believe that if I continue with the contest, I will run out of gold to pay the prizes. I will still pay you the original gold promised. Let me know if you have started working on a piece, show me works in progress, that way, I can at least wait for said pieces to be done before judging (Meaning I will close the contest but wait a week for people who mentioned they started working on the art to post their entries before judging). Reasons that I may have to end the contest early: I am going abroad for my job and they have not given me an exact date but said around August 20th. This date is not exact and may change which could cause me to end the contest early.

Works In Progress Date: August 5th, 2012
Works Finished & Posted Date: August 10th, 2012 by Noon EST (even if I am not on.)
Judge By Date: August 15th, 2012 (I will let you know if this changes. Please accept trades quickly because I will not be on much after this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm
This image is of Risa and was done by ???.

User ImageRules:
**I may add rules as I see fit.**
1. Must be orignal art drawn by you.
2. Must draw one of my Original Characters or them as a group. If you want to draw my Original Characters with one of yours, that is fine, but it counts as an individual photo for the contest. The only group photos that count are of all 5 of my Original Characters together.
3. May draw with a background or any pose you like.
4. I would prefer entries to be colored.
5. May submit one entry per character, and one entry for group.
6. Be nice to other contestants and do not (I mean DO NOT) criticize or say anything mean about others artwork.
7. You may play around with different outfits. PLEASE! I want to see lots of different outfits and hairstyles so long as the basic overall character does not change. It would be boring if all of the pictures looked the same. Feel free to come up with your own original outfit ideas. Outfits can be simple or complex. In fact, I'd like to see what kind of outfits you guys choose to put me in.
8. Each entry can win only once but if you have more than one entry, you can win more than once.
9. Follow all of the list rules for entering an art contest that Gaia requires. (Look at stickies in this forum if you are unsure of them).
10. Being creative and sticking with the personalities of the characters, the more likely you win. My characters are works in progress so if you have questions, please ask them, as it may be something I should add to the biographies or perhaps something I haven't even thought of yet.
11. Do not copy the samples of artwork in this thread. If I see that you have, you will be banned from the contest without the gold for your work. They are there to give you a reference only.
12. Art theft will NOT be tolerated and will be reported and have an immediate disqualification.
13. Any style is acceptable so long as it is PG-13 (Chibi, CG, Full Body, head shot, sketch, etc.)
14. Do not just quickly draw crap pieces of art to make quick gold. If I see you doing this, I will ban you from the contest and won't pay you any more gold. I want honest attempts at this contest.
15. You may add other people/animals with her.
16. Images MAY NOT be WATERMARKED. You are entering these contests under your own choice, and as I am not commissioning you, you cannot withhold the pictures.
17. Please read these two threads if you are not familiar with them. Art Contest Rules & Guidelines and Clarification on Entering Art Contests
***18. To submit: Fill out this form and post your picture.

[b]Username:[/b] (Put Your Username Here)
[b]Character:[/b] (Risa, Arianna, Emera, Rhian, Boy, Group)
[b]Style:[/b] (Fullbody, half body, tradtional, CG, animated, etc.)
[b]Medium Used:[/b] (Colored Pencils, CG, Ink, etc.)
[b]Image:[/b] [img](Put Image URL Here)[/img]

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 pm
This image is of Risa and was done by Acacity.
User ImageAbout Risa Amina Gallagher!
**As I continue to develop her personality, you may see things added here.**
Name: Risa Amina Gallagher
Name Meaning: Risa - Laughter in Latin, Amina - Honest in Arabic, Gallagher - Eager Helper in Celtic/Gaelic
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Dirty Blonde, length varies depending on her mood, slightly wavy, often worn in a ponytail or half up with a barette.
Skin Color: Average, not too pale, but not tan.
Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches
Clothing: Normally seen in jeans and a t-shirt. She likes to play dress up especially in Asian style clothing. She loves to cosplay in various outfits such as Moka Akashiya or Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario + Vampire, Maria Wong from Descendents of Darkness, or Vash the Stampede from Trigun (just to name a few).
Hobbies: Reading, singing, playing games, rescuing animals.
Likes: Animals (esp. Cats), Manga, Anime, Cosplaying, Books (esp. Romance and Fantasy), Music (esp. Country & Pop), Japanese culture and clothes.
Dislikes: Needles. Liars.
Personality: Lovable and kind, always willing to help out if it is in her power. Talkative. Shy but hides it well. Loyal. Extremely picky when it comes to food. Very lively and friendly. Very honest, often called brutally blunt from her friends.
Back Story: Typical young adult. Grew up with her mother and step father and relatively happy childhood. Graduated from college, and even made a trip to Japan during those years.
Additional Pictures: Drawn by Acacity, Drawn by BobaConnoisseur, Drawn by KerryAnime, Drawn by CielBleu94, Drawn by ???
Entries:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 pm
This image is of Arianna and was done by Acacity.
User ImageAbout Arianna Clarissa Lovette!
Name: Arianna Clarissa Lovette
Name Meaning: Arianna - Holy in Greek, Clarissa - Brilliant in Latin, Lovette - Little Loved One in English
Eye Color: Green
Hair: Black, long and wavy, often worn in various styles as she attends many dinners and parties.
Skin Color: Average, perhaps slightly on the pale side.
Height: 5 foot 2 inches
Clothing: Almost always in a dress as to not be in a dress would shock society. She will wear formal wear or casual sun dresses depending on if she is at a party or just taking a stroll on a nice day.
Hobbies: Reading, riding horseback
Dislikes: Being bound by Society's rules
Personality: Lovable and kind, always willing to help out if it is in her power. Sometimes a bit of a tomboy when it comes to horses and the amount she reads, but otherwise a perfect lady to fit her regal status.
Back Story: Her parents died when she was young and so she was raised by her uncle. Having owned a lot of horses, she grew up riding them, and could run a horse farm when her uncle retires. Her uncle let her do as she pleased, so long as she behaved when they had guests. So in Society's eyes she is almost the perfect lady, though they all know she has her quirks.
Additional Pictures: Drawn by Acacity
Entries

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:42 pm
This image is of Emera and was done by Acacity.
User ImageAbout Emera Alexandra Sloane!
Name: Emera Alexandra Sloane
Name Meaning: Emera - Industrious Leader in German, Alexandra - Protector of Mankind in Greek, Sloane - Strong Protector in Celtic/Gaelic
Eye Color: Violet
Hair: Vivid Red, often worn long in a ponytail.
Skin Color: A nice tan from days spent out in the sun.
Height: 5 foot 10 inches
Clothing: Always pants, never in a dress. Prefers to wears vests. Often carries around some sort of weapon such as a sword, dagger, or gun. Boots are necessary. Usually a bandana to keep her hair out of her face.
Hobbies: Sword fighting, working on a ship
Dislikes: Backstabbers, men who kill
Personality: Strong, protector, loves adventure, never kills despite being a pirate.
Back Story: A pirate captain, who leads her crew fairly but expects work to be done. If they can't work for a woman, they are kicked out immediately. Her crew is loyal to her and respect her, as she has gotten them out of many scrapes in the past. She doesn't run from a fight, though
Additional Pictures: Drawn by Acacity
Entries:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm
This image is of Rhian and was done by Okami Tenrou.
User ImageAbout Rhian Kamali Wolfe!
Name: Rhian Kamali Wolfe
Name Meaning: Rhian - Magic Maiden in Welsh, Kamali - Spirit Guide, Protector in Arabic, Wolfe - The Wolf in English
Eye Color: Violet
Hair: Long, silver.
Skin Color: Average, perhaps slightly on the pale side. Has this Tattoo on her forehead.
Height: 5 foot 6 inches
Clothing: Usually in a silvery dress that matches her looks, but she may change clothes to fit in society if need be.
Hobbies: Gaurding the forest, playing with forest animals
Dislikes: Those who cause destruction and death.
Personality: Rhian is a protector, and loves all the creatures of the forest. She is the type to put her needs last, just so she can take care of everyone else. She hates having to leave the forest.
Back Story: Rhian is a forest guardian and turns into a wolf with the same coloring and tattoo. She usually lives in the forest, only leaving when it is unavoidable.
Additional Pictures: Drawn by Okami Tenrou
Entries:

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm
This image is of ??? and was done by ???.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.About ???!
Name: ???
Name Meaning: ???
Eye Color:
Hair:
Skin Color:
Height: 6 foot 2 inches
Clothing:
Hobbies:
Personality:
Back Story:
Additional Pictures: Drawn by ???
Entries:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 pm
This image is of Risa and was done by BobaConnisseur.
User Image
Announcements:
6/26/2012 ~ Thread is under construction!

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:22 pm
This image is of Risa and was done by Kerryanime.

User Image
Prizes!
Now I am sure you all want to know how much you can win in this contest. Well, I am going to be judging from multiple categories. Each entry you submit can win, so the more you submit, the better your chances are of getting more gold. You can submit a total of 6 pictures, 1 for each of the characters, and one group consisting of all five characters.

*Remember:* You automatically get 1,000 gold for each individual character, up to once per character. You automatically get 2,500 for the group of all 5 characters. Must be all 5 of the characters to get the group price. This is to reward your effort and does not effect who wins the prizes. Meaning you can get 7,500 gold just for entering each of the contests.

***I may add categories as I see fit.***

Grand Prize: 100,000 gold, upped to 200,000 if I get 10 entries, upped to 250,000 if I get 15+ entries.
This goes for each character, meaning if Risa gets 10 entries, who prize is 200,000, but Arianna got only 3 so her prize is 100,000 gold.
Must be of good quality, colored, and suits the character Risa well personality wise. Backgrounds are incouraged as well as adding characters to interact with her (not including pictures that

Runner Ups: 25,000 gold for each character (if there are at least 4 entries)

Best Group Picture: 200,000 gold, upped to 300,000 if I get 10+ entries.
For this prize, you have to draw all 5 of my original characters together.

Group Runner Up: 50,000 gold (if there are at least 4 entries)

Special Prizes: (Seperature from prizes from above and may be awarded to someone who won or someone who has not won. Here, quality isn't always a factor.)

Best Character: 5,000 gold This prize doesn't have to be best drawn, just has to really get the feel of one of the characters and thier personalies.

Best Detailed: 5,000 goldThis prize goes to the picture with the best eye for detail, whether it be backgrounds, Must include at least one of my characters.

Best Season/Holiday: 5,000 gold
Have a favorite holiday or season? Well dress up one of the characters and decorate your art with some seasonal flare. Examples: Winter, Fall, Christmas, Halloween etc. This is the place to have some fun with the outfits.

Honorable Mentions: 5,000 gold
Multiple people may win this prize. This is for work that I really enjoy but didn't actually win any of the other prizes, but I still feel they deserve a little extra.

Page Prizes: Special Secret Prizes will be given to people who stay around and talk. Look for more information in a later post.

Total Prize Amount In Gold: 890,000 gold + honorable mentions and garunteed prices for art. If set number of people join, prizes go up to 1,740,000 gold + honorable mentions and garunteed prices for art.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:29 pm
Page Contest!
Curious as to what this page contest is all about ... I've only hinted at it a few times. And I wonder just what is that secret prize ... Want to know? ... Well ... I'm not telling. But I promise, it will be nice! And you know what? Each of the winners may get something completely different.

So here is how the page contest works. You come in, and chat (NO BORING BUMPING - Bumps will not count). Even if you can't draw, you can still participate in the page contest. All you have to do is chat and be semi-regular at the time of the contest.

So you chat and be semi-regular and talk with me and the other people in the thread and reach the desired page... then what? Well I will take all the chatters on that page (no bumps count, nor do my posts count) and if I see someone that I don't remember talking, I won't count them either, so no lurking and just posting on the desired page) and make a list of those people. Then I will randomly generate a number and that person wins the prize. Each person will get 1 chance for that page, doesn't matter how many times they post, so let others have a chance too.

Depending on what I decide the prize to be at that time, it may take a few days to get the prize to you, so please be patient.

Now, I assume you all want to know what pages you want to reach? Well, below is the list, and if this places gets active, I will add pages. <3

Special Pages:
Page 25
Page 50
Page 100
Page 250
***Page 500 (If we get here, I will be very happy, and there may be a VERY special prize - provided I have the funds)

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
My Stuff

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers