[FIN] Tea, Cake and Other Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 am
"That's true," Aulus grinned over his cup, "Press the big red button! I seriously didn't think anyone in real life would make a big red button like that, you'd have to be stupid and crazy.... Which Deimos certainly seems to be, in some ways." In others of course the man was impossibly brilliant, but he enjoyed focusing on the little b*****d's flaws and failings.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 am
Tambrey nodded and offered a somewhat awkward smile.
Deimos certainly didn't seem very threatening, even if he might have been brilliant and there seemed to be plenty of 'hints' about the things he made to make them easier to 'turn off', destroy or 'stop'... Yet thinking about Deimos inevitably led back to those that worked for him and she carefully toyed with her pudding without realising she was doing it.
There were still a lot of dull aches, subdued stinging or tingling and marks on her to remind her just what Deimos had allowed, or perhaps even ordered, to happen to them.
The fact that the purple-haired genius been present for the first, although it had been, probably, the 'mildest', shock she'd been given didn't serve to quell the feelings and thoughts that his name brought forth.
She did nod, though, agreeing with what Aulus said and she did smile all the same, even if it was rather obviously awkward.
"Certainly not the wisest thing t' do if you don't want somethin' stopped." She wished she sounded happier or more confident when she said that.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 am
"Yea." Trust him to bring that subject up. Aulus looked into his tea, sipped at it, and then had some jam roly-poly. It was rather nice, and the warm comforting flavours of drink and dessert pushed the creeping blackness back a little again. He looked back up. "So I'm planning to get off base sometime soon. Ever been on a motorbike? I could take you for a ride sometime if you fancy."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 pm
'Off base'; now that would be nice. Beyond just.. going out into the dessert.
It would be really nice.
However she'd never been on a motorbike and shook her head indicate the fact. "No, I've..." She paused for just a second as she realised that she'd been about to say she'd 'never been allowed on one'.
Sure, that was true once upon a time, but she'd been an adult for how long now? And the things she'd done, the place she was; how did she manage to get that 'rule' stuck in her head for so long without realising?
"Uh. I've never been on one. I'd certainly like that though," It sounded a little bit scary but probably lots of fun; people rode on them all the time without horrible accidents and she'd already discovered she rather liked fast vehicles.
"Where are you planning to go?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 am
Aulus grinned and shrugged, relaxing again as the conversation moved back away from unpleasantness. "I hadn't thought that far ahead yet, the destination wasn't really what made me want to go. Anywhere you want to go? I'm open to suggestions; north to the coast, southwest to Ambergris, whatever you fancy." Open sky, horizons; freedom. "The pokemon might enjoy a trip out too," he added, "I'm pretty sure Red at least has been bored as hell."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 am
"That sounds refreshing..." She admitted "Uh, well... I guess I haven't been north much; barely ever spent much time just... at the coast." Tambrey smiled, thinking of it- it /would/ be good for both them and the pokémon, especially the flying types.

"Palu and Pygi'd like a chance t' spread their wings, I'm sure and 'f 's a good amount of sun, Treestar'll be happy." She agreed, nodding, quite enthusiastically.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am
"North is is then," Aulus nodded, finishing off the last of his dessert, "maybe we'll even find some wild pokemon if we're lucky." He had a decent sized team now, but not yet a full six and he was lacking a water type. As he pondered this his 'dex bleeped a reminder at him; he took it out of his pocket and cancelled the alarm. "I'd better hurry up and finish this tea; meeting Claire for movies in five minutes," he said by way to explanation before picking up his cup and taking a sip.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:19 pm
"That would be nice and maybe... Um. I'm not sure I need another one, but... 'm not very good at stealing; wild ones can kind o' make up f'r that a little, ya know?" If only she could /just/ work in the labs for Rocket, but a grunt rank meant being expected to gain pokémon for the team in other ways beyond science.

She blinked as something beeped, wondering for a moment if her own 'dex was going off for some reason, then watched as Aulus checked him.
Ah.
"Oh, right. Um. Sorry if this 's made you late f'r it." She sipped her own tea a little less hastily. It'd be nice, probably, to have something like that to be reminded of but it was better not to think of it.
"Things are going well?" A question that didn't need a long answer, nor much of one. She smiled; there was a bit of happiness around this that just seemed 'good'.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:11 am
“Things are pretty great, yeah. Really great.” Aulus grinned and made a dismissive gesture, “And you didn’t make me late, I’ll still be on time, that’s why I set the beeper.” Things were great, much more great than he had expected them to be. He still had his moments of stupid paranoia but over all he was starting to feel almost... almost secure. He was certainly happy, even if half the time he hadn't a clue what he ought to be doing or saying.

Draining the last of his tea he got to his feet and picked up his empty plate and cup. “I’ll see you soon then?” he asked/stated, giving Tortie’s mane a scratch as she stood up beside him. "Send me some dates you're free and we can work out a time for this trip, right?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm
"That's good to hear." Her smile hung around and seemed to be slightly more 'there', if such a thing could be said of the expression. She certainly meant it, at least.

"Uh. Yes. I will do that- Pokédex thingy." She really needed to start using the different functions of the thing more often- half the time she forgot she had them.
"I'm pretty sure 't'll be 'soon', too. Now," Tambrey grinned and made the motion of 'waving him off' "Beeper's no good 'f you stand 'round talking- I'll send dates, you go an' have a date. Have fun."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:28 am
"Right, good point," Aulus gave a short chuckle. "See you soon then Tam, take care." Giving his friend - yes, friend - a smile and a nod he turned away and headed off to get rid of his dirty ditches before hastening to his rendezvous with Claire, his mood much lighter than it had been before meeting Tambery in the pool. It was good to have friends.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff