Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
I, the wonderful and marvelous Kuro, have something to say..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuro-kun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:53 pm
I'm supposed to write up a letter to Douglas Adams about the HG2G books as a school assignment. The problem is, I don't remember much from the first two books. Could someone help jog my memory for this assignment?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:24 am
The first book basically sets us up by introducing us to the characters, destroying the earth and getting us on Zaphod's ship.
The second book begins the actual quest for Magrethea and the answer to life, the universe and everything.
I hope you post and let us know if you get an answer from D. Adams and what he says. Finally, an interesting school assignment! smile
Good luck with it!  

evabh

Morogo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:11 pm
*cough*Douglas Adams is dead*cough* ninja

The first book is basically just finding out that the earth is going to be blown up and escaping onto the Improbability Drive meeting up with Zaphod -former Priesedent of the Galaxy and Trillian a human who Arthur met at a party and not forgetting that depressed robot marvin. They then go out to try and find out the meaning of life...

The 2nd book in the triology of 5 is where they travel forward in time to the end of the universe in a rather fancy restaurant and something or other Arthur and Ford end up on prehestoric earth due to trying to escape from a stunt ship heading into a sun... Zaphod and Trillain find out the question to the answer 42.

But that's about all I can actually remeber it's been a while since I read them... stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm
Morogo

Gosh, great job being insensitive. It would rock to get an answer from douglas adams posthumously.  

mcm

kuro-kun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:27 pm
mcm
Morogo

Gosh, great job being insensitive. It would rock to get an answer from douglas adams posthumously.
That would be sweet.
And, yes, I know he's dead. Saves on postage.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games