Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives
What do you consider a relationship? (Contest) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paranoctis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:05 am
I only have one piece of advice for you. DON'T CHEAT ON HER! I made the biggest mistake of my life this summer, which I will post in the 'How has your summer been?' part of the guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:34 am
My sincere most gratitude:
Cheshirekttty
--BeckysNightmare--
II Mr Crayons II
Songbird1676
Zero the Crimson
Vampiroz
OneSongForever
Theallmightypoe
bwanali
Whirlpoolriding
0 Zeref 0
A Cats Curiosity
BellaRose2011 & mysterywolfgirl
You all have been very kind with your answer ^.^ im sure my lovely will make a wise choose with either one of you but for me in my honest opinion you all are winners in my book ^.^ and thank you so much for the majestic words, each of every one you have touched my heart very gracely i hope you all have a wonderful day ^.^/ ❤❤❤❤  

moonlight_shadow34

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Mr. Dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 am
A relationship, or union of two hearts, is built on the structure of trust and friendship. Trust is key, friendship is evident. In time the love that sends sparks will fade and a new love will form. True love will be full of wonderful life events, parks, movies, even maybe kids. True love also will have fights, a series of tears, but it will prevail.
Man: Love like there is no tomorrow. Never get to old to call her "Baby". Be the supporter, the protector, give more and more with every ounce of trust gained. You are to be kind, gentle, understanding..because women are complicated, and lots of patience.
Woman: Be the glue for him and to all the family. Open arms and smiles when it's hard. You are to lift him when he falls, a new backbone for him to count on. Be loving, kind, patient as well, giving, soft, and defend him..and soon youll see what I'm mean and in what ways.

Best to both of you. And whether you want to hear it or not, trust the Lord God.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:33 pm
Communication is the BIG key.
Talking to eachother and listening is a big thing.

No lying. Why? Cos it hurts when you do. Well to your significant other it really does.  

PopRocksV

Invisible Gawker

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

LightWhisper

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 pm
I've been in three relationships; the first was boring as crap (dumb 15 yr old crap) the second was my own personal hell and the the third i thought was perfect but there were things that got on my nerves but i tolerated because he made me infinitely happier then the previous guy. after all of that crap I'd been through with having to heal my shattered heart, I've come to realze that there is no such thing as a completely perfect relationship.

relationships take work, respect, honesty and trust and if you don't have those then there is none. A relationship should be fun but there are moments where you may argue, fight or disagree (two people sharing a life isn't easy) but it can work if this personal is worth it.

me saying what I think your relationship mean can easily confuse people. The relationship is what you both want it to be and only what you two want it to be, no matter what any one feels, says, or does. What works for one will not work for another hell I have friends who ar ein an ioen relationship and my opinion is that I don't share, you touch mine I brake your face.
Anyhoozers, don't worry what others say, do what feels right  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 pm
Hello

Congratulations!!!

When it comes to relationships, I'd say "WING IT" because truth be told there aren't really any perfect relationships out there. A typical individual does not follow a set rule book to handle their relationship; because every relationship situation is different and should be approached differently.

The reason why two people get involved in a relationship is because they see qualities in each other that they admire (apart from physical attraction of course). From that point on just find what works for you and your partner and build on that.

Lastly try not to let outsiders influence a relationship or decisions regarding such matters unless they are a certified professional. It is best to always resolve matters with each other.

GOODLUCK!!!

Hellwan

Dangerous Lover

11,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

kristin737

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:06 pm
well to me the best kind of relationship would be with a person guy/girl (what ever you prefer) that makes you happy. Whether its going out every day to see each other or just a phone call. whatever you decide when u talk or see that person yu should have butterflies and think "omg i cant believe i found someone like this". A relationship should mellow you out and you shouldnt be stressed on anything things should come natural after a while. In a relationship that doesnt mean ditch your friends every your bf/gf calls to chill. There should be time for them and for friends OR just hang out all together.

and thats what i think:heart heart redface heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:33 am
A relationship is basically taking a really good friend, and giving them a different name. All the things you want in a best friend, you want in your sweetheart. With love comes sacrifice. Both people in the relationship need to be willing to give up things for each other. Those things may be money, dreams, or something small like a sandwich. They should be there for you no matter what. Not saying you will always agree. Their will be times you fight, but if you make it through the fights, they make your relationship stronger in the end. I am only 15, so I haven't been in any serious relationships, but this is my view of what they are, and how they should work.  

It is not about me

4,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Razzakel

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:44 pm
I'm not really in this for the contest but just what i think is an awesome relationship.
basically when a guy has a sense of humor,I say laughter is the cure for almost anything.. like lets just say my BF tells me that he was talking with a female co-worker (I don't like females so i get a little moody) and I go(with a smile on my face)" ok well when are you talking her back to rent-a-whore?" and his answer would be "when your back in business" and we both laugh a lot cause i know he would be joking and how i tried to get at him but he pwned me and i wasn't expecting that : P. When you feel like you can do anything around them because your so comfortable around them such as idk farting in their presence and them saying"better out than in!" ect. I have that kind of relationship with my BF.
when i first saw him, I knew that he was always going to be loyal to me , so we can joke around like that also because he knows i was pulling his leg..he didn't strike me as the cheating type, before, i would have this gut feeling that my ex's were always hiding something from me, but this guy was different, I never have an urge to snoop at his things cause i just don't have any suspicious feelings towards him.

the fact that he alone stayed with me when i found out i was pregnant with his child, also let me know he was the one for me, he might have been piss-ant poor but we have been through way too much to just say good bye to each other.(we been through a lot of s**t...like car accidents ect)
He is a blue collar worker but obviously we aren't in this relationship for the money(even though it would be real nice to have tons of it crying .)
we may be really struggling. and we believe that the hardships we go through are nothing but tests to see if we stay true to each other, we have shed plenty of tears together and not all of them were good (happy/joyful) tears.
hell when i first met him in RL , he proposed to me and i bursted into tears of joy and said yes, u know what he had for a ring?? a green thread lol if that doesn't show you that I cared enough about him to say Yes to a dang string and not a metal ring, idk what does! idk why i cried so hard (never did that before)but that moment when i saw him, i knew i would be with him forever
but I couldn't have asked for a better man to live the rest of my life with.
p.s he still hasn't been able to afford a ring but i really don't care , i think commitment to each other is more than what a piece of paper can ever say about a couples love.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm
Never really had a relationship -_- so I'll wing it biggrin

I think just being considerate towards the person is a good start.
Talking to eachother.
doing sweet little things here and there.
And just being there for the person, when they have their ups and downs.  

redheadsrule13

Romantic Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Manic Lock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:58 am
The fact that you’re in a relationship shows that you’re doing something right so I suggest that you don’t change yourself too much to fit in with what everyone on here is saying. Everyone is going to have a different view on how it works, but as you can probably see there are things that keep coming up. Anyway, onto what I think.

Whilst trust is the biggest must ever that is going to be my second point. My first point is be yourself. She’s with you because she likes how you are now not that she wants you to change. Nobody is perfect and she’s overlooked your flaws. Now whilst there may be some that she wants you to change she’s fallen in love with them too. If she makes subtle comments about a habit you have being changed then I’d think about trying to tone it down a bit otherwise I wouldn’t. I’ll use an example from my past to show you what I mean. One thing that truly revolts me is the noise a person makes in the back of their throat before spitting and the guy who I was spending hours of my day with did it far too often. The first couple of times he did it all I did was pull a disgusted look but he caught it, he asked what was wrong and I told him. A few months down the line he’d started again and I simply made a remark about him starting up an old habit. He caught on and stopped again. It’s never going to be something complex that needs changing, merely a tiny thing.

Then there’s the trust. Clearly there has to be trust there already otherwise we wouldn’t be here trying to help you. All you need to do is maintain that trust. Once there’s doubts in the mind they’ll eat away at a person - and it’s never a nice feeling. That’s always what causes things to end, in my opinion. Anyway, with the trust just make sure that you don’t betray it or overuse it. If she wants to know what’s wrong tell her, if not don’t ramble away. Not that I’m saying never express your emotions as that is needed. Don’t forget to listen to her also as she’ll love it if you remember the small details which come up in passing. But clearly as trust is there just keep building on it.

Aside from that everything else is pretty much in your hands. Yes everyone is offering different kinds of advice but it is all down to you. There’s no point in getting caught up with our words and changing yourself. Taking on a few points will work, but don’t start down one road and continue upon it if you realise she dislikes it. On that note find out what she likes and do those things with her. All girls find it cute to get surprise messages so start a random conversation that way. The odd text asking how she is, what she’s up to, or just a generally cute message can easily turn a frown upside down. Spend time with her but don’t over do it - again this is down to you two as a couple and nobody here can tell you what the correct answer is. All in all you need to grow together and take what comes. It won’t be easy but it will be worth it - I promise you that much.

Also, sorry if any of that sounded patronising, I had no intention of that being the case! And I wish you all the best of luck for the future; just remember you're not only lovers but best friends too. (:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 pm
okay, well the first things I focus on when I look at a guy is if he'd stay faithful to me. The majority of girls really don't like it when a guy cheats on them. A lot of girls also like guys who are serious about them and love them a lot. If you show that you are serious about her then she'll like it.

It is also nice if you are thoughtful of your girlfriend. Surprise her when she least expects it, and do nice things for her on the expected dates like valentines day, xmas, birthdays and aniversaries. Even if she says she doesn't want anything, get her something that you think she'd like / use. With gifts you want to show that you put a lot of thought into it. You don't have to give her something you bought every time, sometimes a well written poem or letter, or handmade gift would do better than something you buy in the store.

Be yourself too, its no use having your girlfriend fall in love with the fake you.

Also try not to just say "I love you" all the time, you have to show that you love her to truly prove it.

Basically if you are nice, faithful, thoughtful and truthful to your girlfriend, then all will go well.
good luck and best of wishes to you and your girlfriend  

totikna1

mr luige

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 pm
sorry i never posted here before, i just got back to gaia.

i think that a relationship is when two people like eachother for what they are, not what they look like, or how much cash they have (still is a factor biggrin ). just gotta wait to meet the right person smile

P.S im still waiting crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:39 pm
For me the foundation of every relationship is trust(already expounded) ,compromise (we can't always win) and respect (everyone has their own opinions and beliefs , just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean you have to be one brain sharing two bodies ) Starting a relationship is easy but keeping it is the hard part. So best of luck !  

newton_love_fernz

Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces