Help with stretching! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kekewey Saew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:47 am
Ki-nu-ko
Sorry if my question runs a little off topic, but seeing as this topic is already here, it's probably not worth making a new thread.

What would be the risks if you were to simply skip tapering and buy jewelry in the next gauge and essentially, well, shove it in? Of course, it depends on the gauge (I assume that 18g to 16g won't be that big of a deal, whereas 2g to 0g would).

I have four 16g lobes that I'd like to turn into 14g's, and eventually 12 and 10g's. I was planning to use tapers, but seeing as the jump from 16g to 14g isn't that much, I was wondering how risky it would be to skip tapering.

When I first got my piercings, I think they were 18g's, and I accidentally bought 16g earrings because I wasn't told what gauge they were (got them done at Claire's, as I had no clue about anything related to piercings whatsoever). I shoved them in anyway, and had no problem, but as I said before, I figure that the lower the gauge, the more trouble it might cause.

doing this, you run the risk of blowout..but with those sizes, it is probably slight, if uncomfortable...but I would strongly recommend against it if going any larger

another option for streatching that I completely forgot to post is the method I'm using for my own

I have alot of 14gauge rings just laying around the house...so every couple of weeks I add a new one to the hole I'm stretching.
they're CBR's so I don't have to worry about the threads snagging
I just grab two of the rings in one hand...pull them apart slightly, and slide a lubed ring into place  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:47 pm
Kekewey Saew
Ki-nu-ko
Sorry if my question runs a little off topic, but seeing as this topic is already here, it's probably not worth making a new thread.

What would be the risks if you were to simply skip tapering and buy jewelry in the next gauge and essentially, well, shove it in? Of course, it depends on the gauge (I assume that 18g to 16g won't be that big of a deal, whereas 2g to 0g would).

I have four 16g lobes that I'd like to turn into 14g's, and eventually 12 and 10g's. I was planning to use tapers, but seeing as the jump from 16g to 14g isn't that much, I was wondering how risky it would be to skip tapering.

When I first got my piercings, I think they were 18g's, and I accidentally bought 16g earrings because I wasn't told what gauge they were (got them done at Claire's, as I had no clue about anything related to piercings whatsoever). I shoved them in anyway, and had no problem, but as I said before, I figure that the lower the gauge, the more trouble it might cause.

doing this, you run the risk of blowout..but with those sizes, it is probably slight, if uncomfortable...but I would strongly recommend against it if going any larger

another option for streatching that I completely forgot to post is the method I'm using for my own

I have alot of 14gauge rings just laying around the house...so every couple of weeks I add a new one to the hole I'm stretching.
they're CBR's so I don't have to worry about the threads snagging
I just grab two of the rings in one hand...pull them apart slightly, and slide a lubed ring into place

As far as not tapering, I would not recommend it. You may be able to get away with it with the 16ga to 14ga, but you are risking blow out, as small as it is. I never bought a taper when stretching. I did; however, buy tapered jewelry. There is an abundance of claws and talons out there to stretch with. Many of these claws get too short and the grade too large for larger stretching, but they work well up to 10ga, which is what you're asking for. I think enlarging cresents work best because they are nice long gradual stretches.

About using more than one CBR for stretching, I tried to do that with stretching my 6ga holes by adding a 14ga ring. I ended up tearing my lobes. Maybe I should have used all small jewelry, but it still makes and uneven holes, increasing the risk for tearing. Plus I think you'd be more likely to scratch the jewelry. Just a warning.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Kekewey Saew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:42 pm
I just felt the need to mention it, as this is the method I am using...it's far from a recommendation though. but the way I've been reading this, not many are willing to go get their ears properly tapered  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:12 pm
Kekewey Saew
I just felt the need to mention it, as this is the method I am using...it's far from a recommendation though. but the way I've been reading this, not many are willing to go get their ears properly tapered

Pretty much. We're impatient, cheap bastards. whee  

Warninglv100
Crew

Ear Piercings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out