THE COMICS THREAD ABOUT COMIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:46 pm
It's yet to be seen if the new characters are good or not, but from what I've seen, they're pretty ******** empty. There's one, a female robot sort of like Mega Man named "Quake Woman" or "Tempo" that literally has no personality for the first four issues or so that she appears in until her life is ruined. Not a good way to start off a new character because it's impossible to make her interesting or likable.

The Emerald Spears are just uninteresting as well. They're making them the group that doesn't want robots to replace humans but I just have a hard time relating to them as villains. I guess it IS an Archie Mega Man comic, so I shouldn't expect deep writing, but they're just bland and uninteresting, too.

If you're picking up issues, I'd still only really recommend (out of recent issues) Rock of Ages or picking up the first two or three graphic novels. As a fan of the Mega Man universe (god, don't let that become its own comic, too), they're pretty satisfying.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm
I'm probably going to get the first 8 issues for now. I like having comics over TPB's if I can, for collector's reasons. Especially since I can order from issue one. Might as well. smile  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:18 am
Interested to see what you think of it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:12 am
Ugh, I'm in a comic obsession right now. I got Avengers Arena and I've been doing backreading to get info on all the characters.

Just downloaded all 3 volumes of X-23, two miniseries, and just finished the first half of NYX. Damn.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:33 pm
I got a 6-issue subscription to the Fionna & Cake comics and just got the first one. I must say, it's adorable. I like the Adventure time spinoff comics because for something like Marceline and the Scream Queens or Fionna and Cake, you know that there will only be 6 issues.
I personally don't really like investing in a series when it isn't done yet or when I have no idea how long it's going to run. I sometimes buy manga when it's already over in Japan so I know there will be x issues. Otherwise, I often buy one-shot graphic novels like One! Hundred! Demons! by Lynda Barry or Jimmy Corrigan by Chris Ware. I also buy Omnibuses like the FLCL omnibus or the X-Men omnibuses because you get more bang for your buck. I HIGHLY recommend Cucmber Quest, which you can buy or read online. It's ongoing but an absolute must-read for any Paper Mario fan because it has a feel much like a Paper Mario game <3 It's probably my favourite thing right now. I got her to draw my favourite character in my book when I ordered a print <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm
Skitty-san
I got a 6-issue subscription to the Fionna & Cake comics and just got the first one. I must say, it's adorable. I like the Adventure time spinoff comics because for something like Marceline and the Scream Queens or Fionna and Cake, you know that there will only be 6 issues.
I personally don't really like investing in a series when it isn't done yet or when I have no idea how long it's going to run. I sometimes buy manga when it's already over in Japan so I know there will be x issues. Otherwise, I often buy one-shot graphic novels like One! Hundred! Demons! by Lynda Barry or Jimmy Corrigan by Chris Ware. I also buy Omnibuses like the FLCL omnibus or the X-Men omnibuses because you get more bang for your buck. I HIGHLY recommend Cucmber Quest, which you can buy or read online. It's ongoing but an absolute must-read for any Paper Mario fan because it has a feel much like a Paper Mario game <3 It's probably my favourite thing right now. I got her to draw my favourite character in my book when I ordered a print <3

OH MY GOD IT'S SKITTY  

Waynebrizzle

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san

OH MY GOD IT'S SKITTY
OMG IT'S WAYNE.
lol yeah, I'm back from the dead.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm
*throws ultra ball*  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:43 pm
gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 pm
Skitty-san
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san

OH MY GOD IT'S SKITTY
OMG IT'S WAYNE.

You've been gone forever. I don't really see people posting in the FB group either.  

Waynebrizzle

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san

OH MY GOD IT'S SKITTY
OMG IT'S WAYNE.

You've been gone forever. I don't really see people posting in the FB group either.
Haha, I quit facebook ages ago.
Maybe they can't because I left.
I'm trying to revive HKT but I basically need to recruit new people because all my friends quit Gaia ;-;

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:16 pm
Skitty-san
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san

OH MY GOD IT'S SKITTY
OMG IT'S WAYNE.

I'm trying to revive HKT but I basically need to recruit new people because all my friends quit Gaia ;-;

I can help! Just let me know what to do.  

Waynebrizzle

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:18 pm
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san
Waynebrizzle
Skitty-san

OH MY GOD IT'S SKITTY
OMG IT'S WAYNE.

I can help! Just let me know what to do.
Come and talk to me in HKT? Endorse it? IDK. I suppose that advertising would be the best thing right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 am
Skitty-san

Well, that's why mini-series are nice. I collected Avengers Solo: Hawkeye because it was 5 issues and I knew I would be in for a small amount of Hawkeye to see what I thought. But when you're really into a comic, you don't want it to end. smile  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items