Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Anime, Manga & More
Nabari no Ou

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ninja!
  Yes
  No, Samurai
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 pm
Continuing my trend of trying to get people to watch a series as well as looking for people to talk about it with! I'm guessing not a lot of people have watched it, but if you have please tell me your thoughts, favorite characters and pairings, etc.
Plug time!
This series is available as both a manga and an anime and is complete in both formats. They do have fairly major plot differences towards the end.

Nabari no Ou (King of Nabari) is set in a world where ninja live in an underground community called the world of Nabari. The majority of society is totally unaware of this.
Rokujo Miharu is an indifferent, apathetic teenage boy who gets pulled into the battle for knowledge and power between competing ninja villages due to his body harbouring a powerful force.
There is a great balance between battle scenes, more complex behind-the-scenes manouvering and wonderful characters who gradually build relationships and find themselves reassessing their motives and goals.
It's officially shonen, but I see it as a fairly good balance between shonen and shoujo.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:53 pm
I watched the first Episode on Netflix and it was pretty awesome. :3  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:08 am
DarkMoonSlayer
I watched the first Episode on Netflix and it was pretty awesome. :3

Yay! whee
The first episode is just the tip of the iceberg, it get so much more awesome as it goes along.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:14 am
I couldn't help but notice the similarities between ti and Naruto though. > 3>

It's like Naruto in awesome mode xD  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:03 am
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

oooohhhh, actually, now i remember reading some of it. just couldn't remember the title off the top of my head.
still wanna get it, though, but i need to finish off my other series first (have about 10 or so that i only have one book of, and only one with 4 out of 10 or so books)

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 pm
DarkMoonSlayer
I couldn't help but notice the similarities between ti and Naruto though. > 3>

It's like Naruto in awesome mode xD

The fights and techniques are very Naruto-like, it's true, which is part of what makes it fun action. I suppose there's some similarity between the hijitsu and the bijuu thing as well.
I just think the art, characters and level of storytelling are 1000x better. At least. xD

Shannon Kyra Liannonon

I still need to finish the manga myself, but it's been bumped down the list by about seven other things I've started and need to finish. xD  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Anime, Manga & More

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces