Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Cooking, Baking & Nomming
George Foreman Grill.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 am
I intend to buy one with a gift card I got from a friend.

Anyone have one of these?

Comments? Reviews? Love 'em, hate 'e?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:49 pm
They wouldn't let us have these at college. So I am clueless. They seem to be preeeeeettty cool though.  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 am
Ginhi~kun
They wouldn't let us have these at college. So I am clueless. They seem to be preeeeeettty cool though.

I used to have one before I moved a billion times. They're pretty awesome, I think. Retrospectively, those burgers we tried to make last year on the Fourth of July would have at least not fallen apart if we'd used that ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 am
GoldDiggingWhore
-__- or if either of us had used a grill before. I honestly think it was the patties though.  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:31 am
Ginhi~kun
-__- or if either of us had used a grill before. I honestly think it was the patties though.

Yeah. Patty formation isn't really something that I'm familiar with either, considering that most of the grilling I've done on real grills has involved already formed patties from the freezer aisle. Still tasty though~  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 am
I've never had a George Forman grill and the only thing I know about them is that you shouldn't use them to try and dry shoes.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Non-Active2013

Dapper Member

950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:18 am
I love the George Forman! I have one.. actually 2. A personal size we got from a thrift store that'll fit one or two burgers. And then we have a family size one. They are both early models, but all work the same.

They are good, but the only knock on them is that they knock out the juice, right along with the fat. Unless, you don't cook your food all the way through to the point of well done (like how I like my meat products). If you like your stuff med done or rare, you'll have a great burger or something. ^_^

The newer models have a removable surface for WAAAY EASIER cleaning. Heed of warning, it's better to clean them off while they are still hot and use the plastic spatula they give you. You don't want to scratch off the Teflon that's on there.

They even have a giant BBQ Grill that does the same thing. *Knows way to much about this* eek

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/products/classic-plate-grills/champ-grill-with-sponge-gr10wsp1.aspx (Personal version)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 am
ShadowedMoonlight
I've never had a George Forman grill and the only thing I know about them is that you shouldn't use them to try and dry shoes.

I feel like there's a story behind this ninja  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
ShadowedMoonlight

I feel like there's a story behind this ninja
Haha, it seems like there would be, but it's just from something I read once.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:46 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Haha, it seems like there would be, but it's just from something I read once.

This reminds me of some of those ridiculous consumer warnings that they put on products. Like the, "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals," warning on some chainsaws.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 am
I ordered one, I will name it Grillex.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:25 am
@DMS: great name X3 lol.

i love food on the grill.
but i never personally used one myself.