Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Art Share
Tips feedback and help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am
Ok this is a update of formerly named Toxi her name is now luna and how my friend describes her a personafide verson of winter I want some tips on the hands and ears

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am
with hands a reference is the best to help you draw them your arms should be slightly thicker which would help because the size of the hands are about the size of the top of the knee in relative scale. The key to hands is not being afraid to draw them look at a reference and just draw what you see. But start with a circle to form the hand shape then add the angles of the out side of the hand then add the fingers in starting with the pointer finger and moving down toward the pinkie then do the thumb last.

As for the ears make them larger and more triangular then add the inner ear fluff. Also references from the proper animal in question are always handy biggrin  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
with hands a reference is the best to help you draw them your arms should be slightly thicker which would help because the size of the hands are about the size of the top of the knee in relative scale. The key to hands is not being afraid to draw them look at a reference and just draw what you see. But start with a circle to form the hand shape then add the angles of the out side of the hand then add the fingers in starting with the pointer finger and moving down toward the pinkie then do the thumb last.

As for the ears make them larger and more triangular then add the inner ear fluff. Also references from the proper animal in question are always handy biggrin

Thanks hun and also I use paint tool and i use my tablet to draw but my lines are shakie you got any ideas on how to keep them unshakie ?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 pm
ToxicArtistXx
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Thanks hun and also I use paint tool and i use my tablet to draw but my lines are shakie you got any ideas on how to keep them unshakie ?

well i have never used paint tool, or a tablet so I'm not sure how to keep it from shaking i use gimp and i always draw my art by hand on paper before i put it into the computer so the lines aren't shaky but it takes a while for me to reoutline the image because i use the lasso tool.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
ToxicArtistXx
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

well i have never used paint tool, or a tablet so I'm not sure how to keep it from shaking i use gimp and i always draw my art by hand on paper before i put it into the computer so the lines aren't shaky but it takes a while for me to reoutline the image because i use the lasso tool.

Well I can use photoshop and i can outline that way.... I learn things every way hehe  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:12 pm
ToxicArtistXx
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
ToxicArtistXx
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Well I can use photoshop and i can outline that way.... I learn things every way hehe

well then try with photoshop ^^ it might help.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
ToxicArtistXx
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
ToxicArtistXx
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

well then try with photoshop ^^ it might help.

But the only proplem is keeping the lasso tool the same thickness  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm
ToxicArtistXx

yeah thats the part that takes a long time XD  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:37 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
ToxicArtistXx

yeah thats the part that takes a long time XD

got it!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:07 pm
User Image

Heres the flat color of luna give me tips on shading?  

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Art Share

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items