Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
WTF>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 pm
OK.. new DEV ALERT... since when did the Dev team ever think that the Captains would let regular members send guild announcements out? Have they completely lost their minds?

They won't let us send more than 1 announcement a day? fine

They won't let us use our guild treasury for anything other than announcements or buying forums, so what, they are going to let just anyone in the guild rob us blind by sending out their own frivolous announcements?

Guild treasuries can only be accessed by Captains and Vice Captains- period
Announcements were ALWAYS only to be sent out by C/VC- maybe crew- but regular members- NEVER

Have the freaking developers lost all their minds? What is going on with those guys?

And when did they supposedly change the original programming from C/VC/Crew- to just anyone- back to C/VC?

They cannot freaking fix our guilds or give us decent enhancements and when they do give us something , they go and F--k it up

I am ready to throw in the towel- or maybe throw it at them  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 pm
mamarita
OK.. new DEV ALERT... since when did the Dev team ever think that the Captains would let regular members send guild announcements out? Have they completely lost their minds?

They won't let us use our guild treasury for anything other than announcements or buying forums, so what, they are going to let just anyone in the guild rob us blind by sending out their own frivolous announcements?

Announcements were ALWAYS only to be sent out by C/VC- maybe crew- but regular members- NEVER

Have the freaking developers lost all their minds? What is going on with those guys?

And when did they supposedly change the original programming from C/VC/Crew- to just anyone- back to C/VC?

They cannot freaking fix our guilds or give us decent enhancements and when they do give us something , they go and F--k it up

Well, some guild Captains might not mind having it that way (though, those Captains are entirely stupid and retarded). Mostly just the inexperienced Captains who don't know what they're doing, but at least this way we all still have the option. Come on. At least it's a fix/update for the guilds. We have to at least appreciate that fact. smile

Personally, I think they should at least allow 2-3 Guild Announcements per day. That's just my personal opinion though.

I think they need to make some changes where guilds funds can somehow be separated or organized, or at least where a Captain is notified when anybody below Vice Captain tries to send a Guild Announcement and the Captain must first approve that announcement before it officially sends and before it will take guild funds.

Either way, don't complain about Captains being able to give Members the option to send Guild Announcements as well. Some idiots might enjoy that. But you have to keep in mind that it's not like they're forcing us to allow Members to send Guild Announcements, they're making it to where we have the option to give them that permission.

You can't complain because we get nothing and then also complain when we get something just because it's not what you're wanting. Hopefully in time we will be given the updates that we have worked so hard to figure out for them and figure out how they can work properly, but, for now, we should at least give them credit and a small thanks when they at least give us a small something.

In the end, I agree that it's stupid, but it's better that it's an option than a requirement--and at least it's there for those who may want it. And maybe we can take into consideration what I said earlier about it and we can suggest that they change it to where we can do that and have funds separated or organized and can have it where Captains (only Captains) must approve any Guild Announcement sent by Crew or Members and must approve that announcement before it will send and before it removes ANY guild funds whatsoever. I think it's a good idea, at least. It's something to think about.  

Melon-senpai Mule

Popular Noob

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:13 pm
iAmensu Saje
mamarita

Well, some guild Captains might not mind having it that way (though, those Captains are entirely stupid and retarded). Mostly just the inexperienced Captains who don't know what they're doing, but at least this way we all still have the option. Come on. At least it's a fix/update for the guilds. We have to at least appreciate that fact. smile

Personally, I think they should at least allow 2-3 Guild Announcements per day. That's just my personal opinion though.

I think they need to make some changes where guilds funds can somehow be separated or organized, or at least where a Captain is notified when anybody below Vice Captain tries to send a Guild Announcement and the Captain must first approve that announcement before it officially sends and before it will take guild funds.

Either way, don't complain about Captains being able to give Members the option to send Guild Announcements as well. Some idiots might enjoy that. But you have to keep in mind that it's not like they're forcing us to allow Members to send Guild Announcements, they're making it to where we have the option to give them that permission.

You can't complain because we get nothing and then also complain when we get something just because it's not what you're wanting. Hopefully in time we will be given the updates that we have worked so hard to figure out for them and figure out how they can work properly, but, for now, we should at least give them credit and a small thanks when they at least give us a small something.

In the end, I agree that it's stupid, but it's better that it's an option than a requirement--and at least it's there for those who may want it. And maybe we can take into consideration what I said earlier about it and we can suggest that they change it to where we can do that and have funds separated or organized and can have it where Captains (only Captains) must approve any Guild Announcement sent by Crew or Members and must approve that announcement before it will send and before it removes ANY guild funds whatsoever. I think it's a good idea, at least. It's something to think about.

No, the announcements said they FIXED it because somewhere along the line they had given regular members the ability to send announcements out and now have taken it back. Somehow. someone fudged the program up, and then they had to fix it. So, it's not giving us anything new. It's fixing something they BROKE after they gave it to us in the first place and then had to REPAIR. Don't thank them for it- they screwed the pooch on this one. And no one outside of crew status should EVER have access to the guild treasury, you of all people should know that!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 pm
mamarita
iAmensu Saje
mamarita

No, the announcements said they FIXED it because somewhere along the line they had given regular members the ability to send announcements out and now have taken it back. Somehow. someone fudged the program up, and then they had to fix it. So, it's not giving us anything new. It's fixing something they BROKE after they gave it to us in the first place and then had to REPAIR. Don't thank them for it- they screwed the pooch on this one. And no one outside of crew status should EVER have access to the guild treasury, you of all people should know that!

I stated that I didn't think they needed to have access to it ever but that some inexperienced Captains might allow it.

And what I got is that they were making it where you could have the option of allowing Members to send Guild Announcements.  

Melon-senpai Mule

Popular Noob

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:14 pm
Just so you know, not one developer answered my PM asking for clarification about this matter. I suppose they are embarrassed about it! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:45 pm
well i for one love this feature
my members and crew in all 15 guilds that i own have this permission now and it is great.
i have explained the rules i want on this and everyone knows the hierarchy of what is going on. which is pm me or a vice before a member sends anything and so far everyone has been honest enough to follow this rule for the past few months so i see no problem with it
plus if i was to get banned and all the vice were to get banned in my guild which probably will never happen but if it did then at least to some extent the guild could live on
bottom line i wish members and crew had more powers in the guild
like being able to invite people from the moderator panel like vice and the captain do
this way guilds might not ever die even if the captain / vice all got banned  

DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

O.G. Gaian

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 pm
DIAMOND-XIII_SSC
my members and crew in all 15 guilds that i own have this permission now and it is great.
i have explained the rules i want on this and everyone knows the hierarchy of what is going on. which is pm me or a vice before a member sends anything and so far everyone has been honest enough to follow this rule for the past few months so i see no problem with it
plus if i was to get banned and all the vice were to get banned in my guild which probably will never happen but if it did then at least to some extent the guild could live on
like being able to invite people from the moderator panel like vice and the captain do
All crew can invite people. As for sending announcements, I believe the reason only Vice and Captains were supposed to be the only ones to send them is because the guild treasuries are used to fund these and therefore, the funds need to be authorized.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm
mamarita
DIAMOND-XIII_SSC
All crew can invite people. As for sending announcements, I believe the reason only Vice and Captains were supposed to be the only ones to send them is because the guild treasuries are used to fund these and therefore, the funds need to be authorized.

well i wish members could do this too, invite ppl like vice and crew do
in a guild like this i dont think members should send announcements but there are guilds this will work well in
and i own several that this works well in
but there must be some reason gaia did this , i am not saying we will get an answer but we may have to live with the option from now on
as for authorizing funds , IF YOU approve members to send announcement then you authorize guild funds to be removed for it
it is as simple as that

DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

O.G. Gaian

Ranas_Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm
it is rather odd that they would do this... Don't know why I didn't notice this thread before. I know that most of my guild would be ok with the responsibility of sending announcements, but then there are those few who are either immature or with their own agenda that would get spammy and irritate the snot out of the rest of us.
Also, if you really want to give anyone the abiltiy to authorize invites, you could always turn on the auto-accept and then any of your members could just PM their friends to check your guild out.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:05 am
Ranas_Dragon
it is rather odd that they would do this... Don't know why I didn't notice this thread before. I know that most of my guild would be ok with the responsibility of sending announcements, but then there are those few who are either immature or with their own agenda that would get spammy and irritate the snot out of the rest of us.
Also, if you really want to give anyone the abiltiy to authorize invites, you could always turn on the auto-accept and then any of your members could just PM their friends to check your guild out.

I leave for a year and the Devs screw up.....wtf lol XD  

St._Jimmy

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:38 am
The Daffodil Movement lets everyone send announcements.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games