Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Yoinked this from Facebook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay dresses~
  ^____^
View Results

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:30 pm
One of my friends from college posted this. It's pretty adorable/awesome.

Awesome story.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:50 pm
Aww, that is so sweet!
Live, love, defy gender conventions!  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm
seeing things like this makes me happy ^^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 pm
some people are amazing heart  

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:07 pm
Hes still young any kid under 10 dressing anyway dosent really mean anything. Though still at primary kids have already learnt to pick on any kids whom are different.

Im not sure that dressing up like that is the best thing you could do to support your child, and infact will probally lead to the child getting much more abuse (oh your dads that way no wonder you are etc).

If you were gay....would if make you feel better in public if your dad acted gay? I feel support should be in encouraging someone to be whom they are, not so much, taking what they are and showing that anyone can be it. they should learn to embrace themselves. And the dad basically only showed the kid that its okay to be different as long as others conform with you.

There was a child I worked with a few weeks ago whom, although technically a female, and feminne in her looks and most traits as you would see, just couldnt participate in activitys with gender splits (Like boys vs girls challenges). We supported her and worked with her to find ways she could still be in the room and not feel pressured to be what shes not. But she is a person whom is close to that stage where in her words "I must decided what I am" and in gender issues...thats a pretty massive decision.

So yes cute, but I dont know if its the most productive way of supporting someone.

(On a side note, that girl I dated for three years...yeah I wore both her formal dresses...so what....Clothes dont define a person anyways).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm
gdapw

If you were gay....would if make you feel better in public if your dad acted gay? I feel support should be in encouraging someone to be whom they are, not so much, taking what they are and showing that anyone can be it. they should learn to embrace themselves. And the dad basically only showed the kid that its okay to be different as long as others conform with you.

I don't feel that this comparison is really fitting for the situation.
The kid is still identifying as a boy, he just prefers 'girly' things at this stage in his life. It's not like he's trans and his dad is pretending to be trans as well, he's just going "Look, they're clothes. Gender has nothing to do with it, men can wear dresses if they want to". He's not pretending anything, he is genuinely fine with wearing clothing considered feminine. Which I think is good.
The article says that it did help the boy feel more confident and comfortable.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 pm
ShadowedMoonlight

The kid is still identifying as a boy, he just prefers 'girly' things at this stage in his life. It's not like he's trans and his dad is pretending to be trans as well, he's just going "Look, they're clothes. Gender has nothing to do with it, men can wear dresses if they want to". He's not pretending anything, he is genuinely fine with wearing clothing considered feminine. Which I think is good.

Just the point is, its tough being a kid and although you should be able to do as you wish, making something massivly public on mass media, may not be the best way so show a child that. Chances are it will lead to more negitive attention than positive.

Dunno, I was pretty well bullied through primary and intermediate. And whilst I agree you should trust in yourself, increasing the bullying may nt be the best way to build someone up.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:08 pm
gdapw
ShadowedMoonlight

Just the point is, its tough being a kid and although you should be able to do as you wish, making something massivly public on mass media, may not be the best way so show a child that. Chances are it will lead to more negitive attention than positive.

Dunno, I was pretty well bullied through primary and intermediate. And whilst I agree you should trust in yourself, increasing the bullying may nt be the best way to build someone up.

It is tough being a kid, but bullies can be mean even if you don't give them an excuse. All you have to do to be targeted is be unlucky.
I don't know, I guess I just think there is no one right way to deal with bullying.
The people giving this kid the most grief will probably be his classmates, and right now they're young enough that predjudice hasn't had time to fully sink in. By doing what he likes and standing up to them when they try and tell him he's wrong, he might be able to show some of them that there's nothing wrong with boys wearing/doing 'girly' things.

If he hid it, maybe he'd be ok. Or maybe he'd still grow up hearing the boys in his class mocking girls and being girly, and start to internalise that and hate that part of himself.

The situation reminds me of a blog I've read, "Raising my Rainbow". It's by the mother of a young boy who likes to wear girl's clothes, play with dolls, etc, and about how his family deals with it, especially decisions like what he can wear at school, how to tell his teachers that he's gender nonconforming, how this will all effect his big brother. I think they'd appreciate this dad's show of support.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

thedenomerator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 pm
I saw this thing from somewhere on the internet. It's probably way better for them because of all of the publicity. However, I agree with Sage. None of it is going to stop the bullying. It might make it worse later.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm
What a hard a**.
No sarcasm implied.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:51 am
Psh, if that dad REALLY wanted to be supportive, he would have gotten a sex change. Clearly it's the most rational choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Psh, if that dad REALLY wanted to be supportive, he would have gotten a sex change. Clearly it's the most rational choice.

This  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash