Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
euthanizating a hamster

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miles To Go

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm
my hamster is about 2 and a half years old, his hair fell out, but now he's starting to eat away at himself. It's really best for him to be put down at this point, and I remember people discussing this in the past for their own past experiences.

So, I could really use some information on at-home euthanization of a hamster. I want it to be humane as possible, since the whole point of this is to stop him from having to endure any suffering.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 am
That's a tough one :< I asked my husband but all he suggested was violent things...

There are some places you can basically surrender your pet and they will treat him as necessary. It's not as expensive as taking it to a vet. I hope you can find something :< Poor thing.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 am
the hose humane way that doesnt involve a mess would be a co2 chamber, its what i used on my rat when i had to put him down. i put some of his favorite trats in there with him and gave him lots of love before i shut to lid and started pumping in the gass. if done right they fall asleep then die

you can also try breaking the neck but that would probably be tougher on you

also i know it will be hard but doing it at home will be alot less pain and stress than taking him to a vet or giving him to a shelter  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games