Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Progress thread on my 30 gallon tank.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:42 am
As some of you may know, I recently acquired an awesome 30 gallon tank.

This is what the current progress is, roughly.

Inhabitants: 1 Halfmoon betta (Incendio), 1 bristlenose Pleco (Prose)

Substrate: Sand, with blue gravel piled up on one side as to aide in cycling

Hides: 5 tank ornaments, all plastic, silk plants. 1 terracotta pot.

Filter: 20-40 gall. filter. Running at all times, working well.

Bubbles: 1 dual-output motor, 1 bubble stone and 1 18' bubble wand. Current is too high, put a clip on the bubble stone's tubing to make less bubbleage. Might just bring the motor back for a single-output and use the wand. I love that it came with 2 anti-siphon

Misc:

Today I put in a weekend feeder. When I went to bed, Prose was eating off of it. I woke up today and looked in the tank and there were holes all the way around it like some sort of weekend-feeder-swiss cheese. Prose loves those things. Best 2 dollars I've ever spent on him. I have 3 more, and I doubt they'll last very long. He looked so happy, so totally worth it. Getting him some driftwood tomorrow, he'll finally have the enclosure he deserves. lainge;aoweing <333.

Also looking into getting more things for Incendio.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 am
What, no pics?? mrgreen  

Akari_32

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 pm
Akari_32
What, no pics?? mrgreen

they're coming, I had to go to work.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 pm
um ya, where the pics at??? Every time I go to the aquatic store, no matter what tiny purchase im there for, I wind up gushing over their tanks. They have a section of tanks so wonderfully decorated, no fish in them, just, showing off the products I guess. I'll take pics next time, it always gives me inspiration to do more with mine.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm
Just went on a shopping spree, courtesy of my birthday <3333

Old tank:
User Image
This tank had sharp edges all over the place, and I was seeing Incendio's fins get shredded worse and worse every day. The current was too high, and there was barely anywhere to hide.

New, as of today:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

I love it. I absolutely love it. Silk plants, I took off anything plastic, got driftwood, live plants, a moss ball, everything. So beyond excited. Incendio doesn't know what happened to all of the space. He's starting to swim through the plastic plants,s o I think he's enjoying it.

Oh, and bonus:
User Image
User Image

I got Piper shirts.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm
Oh-my-god-Piper-is-huge!!!!!

Tank looks great! You'll love live plants smile I would suggest some Flourish Comprehensive Root Tabs for them wink  

Akari_32

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:20 am
Akari_32

Tank looks great! You'll love live plants smile I would suggest some Flourish Comprehensive Root Tabs for them wink

Compared to when he was a kitten he's a giant. Compared to other cats he's like my dad- lanky and tall with a lot of leg. But he's still pretty small by cat standards.

Root tabs are on my list of gets smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 am
Azusanga
Akari_32

Compared to when he was a kitten he's a giant. Compared to other cats he's like my dad- lanky and tall with a lot of leg. But he's still pretty small by cat standards.

Hehe, the last time I saw him, he was still small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and you just figured out that he was HE and not a she XD

You'll see how awesome root tabs are when you start using ferts! I actually had to stop using them temporarily on one of my tanks because I couldn't see my fish in the freaking JUNGLE I had XD

The more I look at it, the more I think you should stand that piece of driftwood up. I think it would add some nice depth and shape to the 'scape smile  

Akari_32

Azusanga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Akari_32
Azusanga
Akari_32

Hehe, the last time I saw him, he was still small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and you just figured out that he was HE and not a she XD

You'll see how awesome root tabs are when you start using ferts! I actually had to stop using them temporarily on one of my tanks because I couldn't see my fish in the freaking JUNGLE I had XD

The more I look at it, the more I think you should stand that piece of driftwood up. I think it would add some nice depth and shape to the 'scape smile

Piper is such a cutie. He's so much bigger. He's never had corn-food in his life and he's such a lively, healthy little bug.

I'm excited to start using them smile it'll be a good time. I like the driftwood how it is- and it seems that Prose does too. He's been attached to it since it started.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:07 am
I wish my dogs were that lucky LOL They used to be on stupid Dog Chow, because thats all my pain in the butt parents would buy, but by some strange twist of fate, tight times have *ME* buying their food, and I have them on Costco now twisted -evil laugh-

You'll love using ferts. The plants'll be so much greener, and healthier smile

Haha, its your tank, so its up to you how you place the stuff :p  

Akari_32

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas