Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
well this sucks...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 pm
So apparently that pain in my hands my doctors were writing off as arthritis is more likely to be diabetic neuropathy. Didn't find out until I lost use of my right hand. :/ So yeah. I'm hoping I will regain use of it, but I don't know if that will ever happen. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 pm
Oh damn! I'm so sorry, hon.  

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm
Oh, no! I'm so sorry.
Please don't give up hope - I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 am
Thanks. smile There is a slight chance it's actually carpal tunnel so I'm clinging to that. Even if I need surgery I have a better chance of recovering full use of my hand that way than if it's neuropathy. I never thought I'd pray for carpal tunnel but its the better of the two options. I should find out more Friday. *crosses good fingers*  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:14 am
Fingers, legs, and eyes crossed for you!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 pm
Emm-Kaye

Thanks. smile Won't find out anything until end of October, I guess. All the doc did Friday was refer me to a neurologist. sweatdrop So hopefully, whatever it is, is fixable.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm
entervixen
Emm-Kaye

Thanks. smile Won't find out anything until end of October, I guess. All the doc did Friday was refer me to a neurologist. sweatdrop So hopefully, whatever it is, is fixable.
Well, I'll go ahead and uncross my eyes whee , but will keep hoping for you!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 pm
So I have regained some use of my hands, there's a lot I still can't do, but I can knit if I take a break after every row, and I have also regained enough use to play the DS or a turn based RPG on the 360. I also saw the neurologist finally (took forever to get that damn appointment >_<). He said it's not carpal tunnel and not diabetic neuropathy. I do however have nerve damage in my neck.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 am
I am so glad that you are improving!
I will continue to think good thoughts for you.

At least you know now what it's not...and I hope you can find out what it IS, and how to up your chances of treating or curing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 am
So good news...my first diagnoses was incorrect. It was a pinched nerve. YES! My hands are doing much better, and test results showed that it's healing just fine, so I'm gonna be alright. biggrin  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm
entervixen
So good news...my first diagnoses was incorrect. It was a pinched nerve. YES! My hands are doing much better, and test results showed that it's healing just fine, so I'm gonna be alright. biggrin
Oh, Thank Heavens! I am SO glad for you!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Thanks! It was so exciting yesterday, I was actually spinning. Spinning! I haven't done that in months! emotion_awesome  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Thanks! It was so exciting yesterday, I was actually spinning. Spinning! I haven't done that in months! emotion_awesome
Please take it a bit easy - you don't want to pinch it again!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Please take it a bit easy - you don't want to pinch it again!

Thanks. smile I have been, I only spin for a couple minutes at a time, then do something else for a bit, and then let myself go back to spinning. That way I can go all day, it's just in small bursts. smile I'm also paying more attention to posture when spinning, knitting, and things like that. Hopefully that will help prevent future injuries.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 am
entervixen
Thanks. smile I have been, I only spin for a couple minutes at a time, then do something else for a bit, and then let myself go back to spinning. That way I can go all day, it's just in small bursts. smile I'm also paying more attention to posture when spinning, knitting, and things like that. Hopefully that will help prevent future injuries.
I am so happy you are better!  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff