Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Beyond upset. Child neglect/abuse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do what?!
  That's Thatsterrible!
View Results

Running Batty

Shameless Lunatic

16,425 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

My cousin is like a sister to me. She lived with our family on and off during my childhood. She has two adorable children. Her older child went to stay the weekend with a friend who's mother is a medical assistant. Saturday night my second cousin somehow had a massive amount of hot greass hit her arm. Any normal person would call 911 at that point. The mother instead took away both girls cell phones. Stuck my kk's arm in a dirty cooler filled with ice water.((dear god how many things wrong there!)) and had her sleep that way. Than she wrapped a towel around her arm and took her to church. Taking her back to her mom and walking away without ever saying a word. My kk is 12

After speaking to a cop friend my cousin was told that this is really a grey area. The grease was an accident so they can't hit her with child abuse. Though if the hospital calls child services she may get hit with neglect. She has second degree burns and will be at the hospital again today. Soon she will be at Hans and everyone is waiting to see what happens. If I didn't live hours away in another state I would be going to jail for assault. My sister too. We are so angry right now. Worse knowing Im helpless.

Just had to vent.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:35 pm
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

that hospital had better slam that b***h for neglect cat_scream

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:52 pm
that's terrible.
i can't imagine not doing something about it when it happened. that's ********.

EDIT: i hope your cousin recovers quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm
Update.
She doesn't need skin grafts!
Also this little girl is way tougher than I am. My cousin snapped some pics of her all in grins. She hasn't cried once even before they gave her a morphine I.v.

I would be in constant tears now let alone at that age.  

Running Batty

Shameless Lunatic

16,425 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Invisibility 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm
Running Batty
Update.
She doesn't need skin grafts!
Also this little girl is way tougher than I am. My cousin snapped some pics of her all in grins. She hasn't cried once even before they gave her a morphine I.v.

I would be in constant tears now let alone at that age.

its a good thing she's tough. i think i would have cried. and i'm 10 years older than her. xP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

that hospital had better slam that b***h for neglect cat_scream

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

This stressed  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Running Batty
and took her to church.

Vent freely, as long as its not personal on members here or highly offensive. Its all good.

Sorry to single that quote out, but I often hear of examples of people refusing medical help because they believe the medical help god gives is a lot better.

Accidents happen, sometimes really bad scarring accidents. But you need to react straight away. The neglect isnt the grease accident, the neglect is not providing medical help when needed.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 am
gdapw
Running Batty
and took her to church.

Vent freely, as long as its not personal on members here or highly offensive. Its all good.

Sorry to single that quote out, but I often hear of examples of people refusing medical help because they believe the medical help god gives is a lot better.

Accidents happen, sometimes really bad scarring accidents. But you need to react straight away. The neglect isnt the grease accident, the neglect is not providing medical help when needed.

The sad thing was i could understand this. But the only reason she took her to church was because my cousin was there with her son. She just wanted to be rid of the girl. Once Kk saw her mom the other mother was done with her.

We are still hoping they can get her fir the deliberate ice use. Ice can and has damaged the cells worse. Even on a sore limb you only ice it for a maximum of 20 mins. All medical professionals know this. You never put it on a burn. Sterile cold water only. Not a dirty cooler all night even with water in it. Any opening in the skin and you have a very damaging infection to worry about.  

Running Batty

Shameless Lunatic

16,425 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Invisibility 100

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 am
Running Batty

The sad thing was i could understand this. But the only reason she took her to church was because my cousin was there with her son. She just wanted to be rid of the girl. Once Kk saw her mom the other mother was done with her.

Some people shouldnt ever be allowed to be parents. Unfortunatly there is no moral way to manage or enforce that.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 am
Running Batty

We are still hoping they can get her fir the deliberate ice use. Ice can and has damaged the cells worse. Even on a sore limb you only ice it for a maximum of 20 mins. All medical professionals know this. You never put it on a burn. Sterile cold water only. Not a dirty cooler all night even with water in it. Any opening in the skin and you have a very damaging infection to worry about.

Indeed, ice is only a tempory situation for disfigured parts which must be in a water proof bag.

Are you saying her mum is a medical profesional though?  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Running Batty

Shameless Lunatic

16,425 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:42 am
gdapw
Running Batty

Indeed, ice is only a tempory situation for disfigured parts which must be in a water proof bag.

Are you saying her mum is a medical profesional though?

Yes, she's a medical assistant. A step above a nurse. She works around doctors for a living. This is why Im so upset. A normal idiot I could almost forgive..until I remember she took away the girls phone..but her. Never.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 am
Running Batty

Yes, she's a medical assistant. A step above a nurse. She works around doctors for a living. This is why Im so upset. A normal idiot I could almost forgive..until I remember she took away the girls phone..but her. Never.

Nurse mums tend to be amongst the toughest mums I know in terms of kids injurys. Not in neglects terms though just more so...its only a scratch put some iodine on it and suck it up. Or you have a crook tummy...suck it up and go lay down etc.

But yeah in terms of any avanced injurys all nurses should know how to care for such things and should act.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:06 am
gdapw
Running Batty

Nurse mums tend to be amongst the toughest mums I know in terms of kids injurys. Not in neglects terms though just more so...its only a scratch put some iodine on it and suck it up. Or you have a crook tummy...suck it up and go lay down etc.

But yeah in terms of any avanced injurys all nurses should know how to care for such things and should act.

yeah that is the part that should be really brought up, cause REALLY she should know better and have her suspended or be put on review, cause it's not just about her, she is a member of her work group n' if she does something like that, well, what does she get away with at work? and can have her work group lookin' horrible  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am
BlueCowGirl
gdapw
Running Batty

yeah that is the part that should be really brought up, cause REALLY she should know better and have her suspended or be put on review, cause it's not just about her, she is a member of her work group n' if she does something like that, well, what does she get away with at work? and can have her work group lookin' horrible

^ This ^

She should be under review, with licence suspended.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers