[PRP] Dirty, or Innocent?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 pm
Xander set a cup of tea down on the table and slid into his seat. He looked around at the other three in the rec room with him at the playing table with a small smile. "Alright, we have drinks, snacks," he gestured over to the chips, a few muffins and some sliced cheese that he had brought. "and the game, everyone ready to play?" The agent lifted the box that said in big font 'Dirty Minds' on the top.

[We shall go by posting order. Who ever posts after me will be 2nd player, person after them the 3rd and last person 4th =3]  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Off duty though he was Frost worse his crisp white uniform and sat to attention as though the boss himself were watching. He lifted a cup of tea in a delicate china cup to his lips and took a delicate sip. He then set it back on its saucer, and as it clicked softly his head snapped sharply around to Xander. There was no smile on his lips but maybe there was a very faintly different quality in his icy eyes that to one who knew him best signalled stilted affection.

"I am prepared," replied the cool clipped voice, "but a reiteration of the rules of play would be appreciated."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:21 pm
"Uh. Agreed about the rule thing, but I think I'm ready t' play too. Just rather be clear with what 'm supposed to do."

Tambrey held her own tea between her hands, watching Xander lift the box.
She wasn't in uniform, dressed instead in jeans and a dark sweater, glasses steaming a little comically each time she sipped her tea.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm
"Yeah," Rory replied as he reached over to grab a muffin before taking a sip of his own tea. "Not entirely sure on the rules either, but I'm ready."

He sat the cup back down in its saucer and pulled his sock clad feet up underneath him. Like the others, he was also off duty and lounging around in a dark blue v-neck shirt and pair of dark wash jeans.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Natsuko-neko rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:48 pm
Xander gave Frost an affectionate look and opened the box. He took out the board, unfolded it then put it on the table where everyone could reach. He then shuffled the cards and passed two out to everyone, putting the rest of the stack on the board in their spot. Next he opened the player 1 booklet to read the rules.

"The object of the game is to guess the correct answers so you can collect enough cards so that they spell out the word 'Dirty'. If you land on a Dirty Minds space the person to your right reads out one of the three clues in their booklet, the first guess is free, afterwards you have to pay one of your cards every time you are wrong. If the first guess is wrong or the person asks for it then the second clue can be read, same with the third." He paused to make sure everyone was listening.

"You have the option of passing, which is free you just don't win any card. If you guess of the first clue you get three cards, second you get two cards and third you get one card. If it's a Dirty Deeds space then you get one guess only, that is free, and it is read in a short story format. Dirty Choice spaces are a choice which category you play, the one you land on tells you if it's your choice of the person to your left's choice."

"Dirty Thief spaces means you get to steal one card from another player, Double Bonus spaces mean you draw draw two cards instead of one and the category is chosen by you or the other player as directed on the board. There is also lose a car, draw a card, lose a turn, roll again and the start space which are exactly like they sound."

Xander looked up from the booklet at them. "Everyone got it? I'll start us off and then your booklets will tell you which number you are." He said then rolled the dice and moved his pawn.

[9, Double Bonus space, Rory picks category]

Quote:
Dirty Mind's Game board: [X]

Seating:
Xander - Frost - Tambrey - Rory - back to Xander (square table)

Roll 2 6 sided dice to decide how many spaces you will go this time on the board.

The next numbered player will read you the first clue/short story. You can either guess or pass. If you guess and get it wrong you 'pay' a card.

If you get a card you generate a number between 1 and 9 to decide your card:
1. Wild card
2. D
3. i
4. r
5. t
6. y
7. - (black card, worthless)
8. Draw two
9. Lose a card

The starting two cards for everyone is:
Xander: i, -
Frost: Wild card, r
Tambrey: y, i
Rory: -, D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 pm
Rory gave the younger agent a grin before looking through his play booklet. He hummed slightly and bit his lip to control a small smirk.

"So I get to choose right?" he couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "Alright," he nodded and skimmed to find a clue to read.

"Hold your head to my crack and hear me roar." he read off before taking a bite of his muffin to contain his smirk.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:04 pm
Xander gave Rory a double look and bit back a snicker. "Ah... a seashell?" he guessed with a smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:07 pm
Before responding to let Xander know if he got it correct or not, Rory decided to continue to read off the clues, snickering more and more. "'I can have pink meat inside me. I come in waves'"

He gave another snicker and laid his book back down. "You're right."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Natsuko-neko generated a random number between 1 and 9 ... 9!

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:13 pm
Xander chuckled and shook his head at Rory as he picked up three cards. "That was a fairly easy one to start off on. You're up next Frost."

Xander: i, -, lose a card, wild card, -
Forced to use lose a card and chooses to toss a -

Xander end of turn: i, -, wild card

Quote:
(Use this if you get more then one card so you don't have to make multiple posts figuring out what cards you get: link to generator First card is decided by gaia's RNG though)

Post order is just for the game, feel free to make posts with just talking if you want =3

TawnyAngel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:30 am
The unspoken object of the game, so far as he could tell, was to make everybody snicker due to misinterpreting innocent things as 'dirty' things. Whatever else it was however it was only a small gathering of people, they were all people he found either pleasant or acceptable, there was tea, there was no alcohol and it was probably a useful social lesson of some kind.

As Rory snickered over the clues he was reading out and Xander responded in kind, Frost raised an eyebrow. Utterly baffling. Nevertheless he took the dice and inclined his head in assent. "Very well then."

The dice came down six and two for a total of eight, and with only a glance at the game board Frost picked up his counter and moved it directly to 'Lose a Turn'. Tapping each space on the way to the one he had been allotted by the dice didn't even occur to him.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 am
Tambrey watched as Xander set up the game and read out the rules; she thought she understood, but it was certainly helpful to watch him and Rory demonstrate a turn.

Innocent as each object was supposed to be, the wording was rather more blatant than she'd been expecting and she found herself having to fight to swallow the mouthful of tea she'd just taken before the clue, as her mouth forced itself into a smirking smile.

"I definitely think I get this game now..." She commented, taking her glasses off to wipe tea-steam away.

Frost's turn was impressive, she thought, in that he could simply move the counter without having to tap it out and seemed only to have glanced at the board. Perhaps not surprising, it being Frost, but impressive to her all the same.
'Lose a turn'.
Ah.

"Erm. I guess it's my turn now? Unless that means 'skip my turn'?" She didn't think so, so Tambrey leaned forward to pick up the dice and roll.

She had to stand slightly to catch sight of each number once they'd settled and, mostly for herself, stated the total she could see before, very much tapping each square, moving her game piece.
Counting them out loud as she did.
"Five. One, two, three, four, five. Um. Dirty Choice? I need to... pick something?" She asked, not sounding very sure of what she was doing yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm
Rory looked inside his booklet at the rules when she placed her token on the board.

"Yeah, you choice which category you want, then Frost gets to read it off." he replied and placed the booklet, closed, back in front of him. He took another sip of his tea and waited for the game to continue. It would be interesting to hear whatever clue Frost read aloud; he didn't know him personally but he had heard that Frost wasn't simply a nickname but the man's demeanor. He took a small bite of his muffin and watched the older agent.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:39 am
"Um. Okay." Tambrey glanced at Frost and couldn't help but smirk at the fact that it was him who would be reading out the category.
"Uh well then." Which would be more amusing to hear in Frost's voice? "Let's go with, um, 'dirty deeds' one then?"
That sounded kind of fun.
She thought about taking a sip of tea and decided against it, putting the cup down.
Best not to risk spraying tea all over the place.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games