Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm
"Oh!" Dancing, now that was something she could get excited about. "I love dancing! Probably a different kind than what you mean, though; I don't think my kind of dancing is something that people do professionally. Club dancing and whatnot." She sighed dramatically, "My kingdom for a decent nightclub! I know they're out there, but I haven't had the time to look around for one. It suuucks." That was a bit of a tangent, but if there was one thing Arcadie never concerned herself over, it was making sure her thoughts connected logically and followed the conversation.

The fact that the line was in motion hardly registered consciously, but she moved with the queue nonetheless as she visibly considered the question with pursed lips. "Mmmmm welllll Grande Ile's fashion is super cute, but Kodo stuff is easier to move around in. I don't really know how many Grande Ile folk change their style when they get here, but I sure do see a few islanders around in full regalia. I think the Kodo natives have probably more or less gotten used to seeing it."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm
"Oh, yes, it was quite different - although what I wanted to do professionally wasn't ballroom dancing by any means. And it wasn't like nightclub dancing either." It quickly struck her that a less positive, less than proper conclusion could be drawn from that, so she quickly struggled to come up with an adequate comparison - she didn't want this girl getting the wrong idea or anything like that. "Sort of like..." Her brow furrowed in thought. "Sort of like that show that everybody likes to watch now - Dancing with the Stars, or something like that. It was a lot like that, but less TV stars, obviously." And not televised - although her group did get on the news once or twice, way back when. Newspapers mostly, though.

There was just the one young man in front of them at this point, and Abigail quickly became aware of how bookish he was - he was trying to check out upwards of a dozen books, and wanted something about two or three inter-library loans. The poor librarian looked almost more exasperated over this particular patron than about her computer dying for such a long time.

"I'm sure there's plenty in this city, aren't there? I haven't had a lot of time to explore just yet - thus the map," she said as she shifted the topmost item in her grasp with a nudge from one arm. It sort of worked. "Oh," she began with raised brows as she switched back to the topic of fashion, "I didn't realize. Well, with how frequent ships to and from Kodo and Grand Ile were sailing, I figured the two islands had a good relationship. I didn't realize so many from Grand Ile would be here - and in full attire too." This seemed to brighten her mood considerably, although she wasn't exactly in a poor mood to begin with. "I suppose I'll run into some eventually, then."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm
"Contemporary then!" she said, raising a finger smartly. "None of that artsy fartsy interpretive stuff, I should hope? Err, no offense if so; it's just not my cup of coffee." That stuff was all just so... new age. There wasn't even any rhythm to it, not that she could perceive. Bleh.

Arcadie too noted how distinguishedly well-read the stranger was, and also how eloquent he was not, or maybe the librarian was just hard of hearing or the last names for those books he was trying to have loaned in were just reeeally complicated to spell. Arceus, just write it down, sir. She didn't mind being held up, though, so long as she wasn't forced to be bored simultaneously. She nodded vigorously at Abigail's hypothesis on the number of night clubs in Camphoreon, muttering something like "all in good time." She would have tented her fingers as well, were her hands less occupied.

"It was the duke's doing!" she said with a sudden enthusiasm, not to miss the opportunity to praise her favorite politician. "Some sort of talk or negotiation he did a while back. Kodo and Grande Ile have a relationship like-- hrm. Not like sisters. Cousins? They sort of help each other out with resources and stuff, and they made jobs for each other when they opened ports for trade and travel. But yes, you're bound to run into some sooner or later! Or sooner and later!" She offered a wide grin, implicating herself into the 'sooner' category.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm
Abigail's countenance brightened again. "Yes, exactly." She sighed wistfully, swaying her weight to her other foot. "I would've done it professionally, too, if things had turned out differently." She was unhappy with her marriage, yes, but not at all unhappy or regretful about having her daughter. No, Mina was definitely the apple of her eye, regardless of how anything turned out or what she would or wouldn't have done. If doing things differently meant she wouldn't have Mina now, then she would do everything exactly the same.

"The duke? Ah yes, that makes sense," she said thoughtfully, brow furrowing slightly as she reflected. "That explains a great deal, as well. No wonder they had so many ships to Kodo from Grand Ile. And yes, I suppose I shall," the ex-breeder said with a grin. "Sooner and later, that is."

Finally, the librarian somehow managed to get through everything the bookish young man insisted on asking for, and after she checked him out and he shuffled away, Abigail stepped forward to offer her items to the older woman. The librarian looked extremely relieved to only see a few simple things, and began to check them out with casual pleasantries which Abigail readily responded to. In no time at all the woman finished and passed her the books back, and she took them up and turned to smile at Arcadie. "It was wonderful meeting you and speaking with you - and thank you so much for your insight; I greatly appreciate it. I'm sure I'll see you around the city at some point - and be careful in those night clubs," she said lightly. Night clubs could be dangerous after all, depending on the patrons.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm
Professional dancing, didn't that sound like a treat. Like getting paid to eat ice cream, but with less weight gain - and that was always good when it came to leggings. Yes, yes it sounded good. It was a shame it didn't work out for her, and passingly Arcadie wondered why, but the passive sigh seemed dismissive to her and so she did not pursue it any further. That and the fact that the man in front of them was nearly finished might have also contributed to this decision; sure she enjoyed talking to others, but Arcadie did have other things to get done today.

"Yes!" she said as she approached the desk with her own paltry collection, not intending to hold up the line behind her for the sake of responding. "Same for me! The city is big but you can find just about anyone you're looking for if you think about them hard enough - or say their name three times. Next time we find one another we should make it at a coffee shop or some such." '...if I don't have my throat slit at one of those night clubs,' she considered adding, but she decided against it. Not everyone shared in her morbid humor, she had discovered while working in the clinic. Bunch of sticks in the mud. For now, though, there was smutty literature in her arms and about an hour's worth of free time before she had to return to the base, and Arcadie planned to make the most of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 pm
Abigail laughed at the young girl's words - a light, happy sound. "We'll see what happens, although you have such a pretty name I wouldn't mind saying three times in a row." Although the idea that such a thing would cause her to suddenly appear - sort of like that old movie she couldn't remember the name of - was absolute nonsense. Amusing and fun to joke about and laugh over, but nothing to take serious. "Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you again sometime. Au revoir!"

With that said, Abigail offered a short, small wave of one hand before she turned and exited the library, her books and map still in her arms. She couldn't wait to hurry off to her hotel room to read them - and maybe look into the housing market sometime later that week. Did she really need a house though, living just by herself? Maybe a flat, or an apartment of sorts... Well, she'd figure it out in due time.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out