Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Sometimes I feel like I have no empathy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roadkill? Instant sobbing
  Someone got shot? Happens every day.
View Results

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 am
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen
ShadowedMoonlight
My empathy is kind of unpredictable. I'll have totally different levels of emotional response to news of similar events. *shrug*
Also, I get incredibly emotionally invested in things like cartoons.

Same here. When Uncle Iroh got burned and I thought he died, I didn't stop sobbing for two hours sweatdrop
I've spent all day collpasing in a heap, quietly screaming and crying a little because of the latest Young Justice episode. I'll pick myself up, be ok for a bit, and then it'll hit me again.
Let's face it, fictional characters become part of our lives. A more significant part than strangers we've never even heard of.

I'm not into Young Justice, but I've cried over Teen Titans before.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 am
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888
I don't have an issue with people or animals being abused or killed.

I can look at it or hear about it and shrug it off.

I guess it's because I'm so comfortable with the concept of death. I made peace with the fact that "everybody has to die some time" a long time ago.

But I'm still both sympathetic and empathetic. /shrugs

Example of your sympathy and empathy?

My every-day life?

I usually try to let people know early on in our friendship that they can come to me with anything. At anytime. And I'll be there to talk with them and try and make people feel better. It feels good to help people like that. 'Cause some people really need it...

So, you have empathy in your everyday life, but you don't care if people or animals are killed? That makes sooo much sense.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:34 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

I guess it's because I'm so comfortable with the concept of death. I made peace with the fact that "everybody has to die some time" a long time ago.

My every-day life?

I usually try to let people know early on in our friendship that they can come to me with anything. At anytime. And I'll be there to talk with them and try and make people feel better. It feels good to help people like that. 'Cause some people really need it...

So, you have empathy in your everyday life, but you don't care if people or animals are killed? That makes sooo much sense.
That's a bit mean. Our empathy towards fictional characters over living people don't exactly make sense, we're not in a position to judge.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

My every-day life?

That's a bit mean. Our empathy towards fictional characters over living people don't exactly make sense, we're not in a position to judge.

I'm not so sure... I know a lot of people with similar feelings for fictional characters. I won't even get started on how many people cried when (spoiler) died in the Harry Potter series.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

My every-day life?

I guess you'd have to be me to understand? It makes sense to me. Or "sooo much sense", as you put it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

My every-day life?

I guess you'd have to be me to understand? It makes sense to me. Or "sooo much sense", as you put it.

I guess so.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:59 pm
Clover_IceQueen
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

My every-day life?

I'm not so sure... I know a lot of people with similar feelings for fictional characters. I won't even get started on how many people cried when (spoiler) died in the Harry Potter series.

somepeople can't seperate RL and fictional charaters
some people see a part of themselves or a loved one in that person that dies and that makes them sad... Choas is not broken cause he can split the feelings, he knows it's a fake story so yeah

People die all the time, it's part of life  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 pm
BlueCowGirl
Clover_IceQueen
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

My every-day life?

somepeople can't seperate RL and fictional charaters
some people see a part of themselves or a loved one in that person that dies and that makes them sad... Choas is not broken cause he can split the feelings, he knows it's a fake story so yeah

People die all the time, it's part of life

That's not what he was talking about.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff