Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Disney Star Wars

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disney star wars
  Is so wrong
  Is so right
  Is so indifferent
View Results

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 pm
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

So...star wars is now a Disney Franchise and Disney will be making the next star wars.

Any feelings about that?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm
So long as George Lucas isn't involved, it could be pretty good.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
So long as George Lucas isn't involved, it could be pretty good.

You dont like lucas? Lucas is star wars, he will be a consultant, but mainly its one of the star wars managing directors who will do most of the consulting.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:04 pm
Sagebomb
You dont like lucas? Lucas is star wars, he will be a consultant, but mainly its one of the star wars managing directors who will do most of the consulting.

I think it's interesting that as Lucas's creative control increased in each Star Wars movie, the overall quality of the story decreased. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back had more executive meddling from Fox, and Return of the Jedi had less. In the new trilogy he pretty much had his ideas unchecked because who wants to be the guy to tell George Lucas that he's wrong? Which do you think are the better films?

Anyway, that's the general gist of my opinion.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:57 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Sagebomb

I think it's interesting that as Lucas's creative control increased in each Star Wars movie, the overall quality of the story decreased. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back had more executive meddling from Fox, and Return of the Jedi had less. In the new trilogy he pretty much had his ideas unchecked because who wants to be the guy to tell George Lucas that he's wrong? Which do you think are the better films?

Anyway, that's the general gist of my opinion.

I dont understand what you mean by new trilogy...there are only 3 starwars films that matter.

Lucas wrote and directed all of them, the only major difference is the producers no?

But yeah I didnt care for the new 3, the original ones had the old charm, not all this computer generated cgi crud.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:21 pm
Sagebomb
I dont understand what you mean by new trilogy...there are only 3 starwars films that matter.

Lucas wrote and directed all of them, the only major difference is the producers no?

But yeah I didnt care for the new 3, the original ones had the old charm, not all this computer generated cgi crud.

Exactly.

Lucas may have written and directed all of them, but the producers, shall we say, reined him in a bit on some of the things he wanted to do during the first ones. There was no such checking of his creative control for the most recent movies, which is why they turned out the way they did.

Check out Red Letter Media's review of the three newest Star Wars movies if you have time to spare. I found them hilarious and informative.

"You see, we need a deeper meaning to things. Without it, none of it really matters, does it?"  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas