Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Anime, Manga & More
Anime Movie 2 - Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oblivion Island
  Seen it
  not seen but know of it
  didnt know of it
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 am
Oblivion Island (Hottarake no shima - Haruka to maho no kagami) (2009) is a animated feature (CGI) more in the style of something pixar would make (though still not really) moreso than your typical hand drawn anime movie.

Its the story about a 16 year old girl who was read a story by her mum (who has now passed) about fox creatures who take "forgotten items" (those items which you used to use a lot but then left and now you cant find them). Who loses a precious item her mother gave her, and then quests to find.

A Imdb review I think puts it quite well with

"16-year old Haruka had just lost her precious hand mirror given to her by her mother, who died of a terminal illness long ago. Recalling an old story her mother used to read to her, Haruka visits an old shine, where she encounters and follows a strange fox-like creature named Teo to a mystical world called Oblivion Island. Here, these fox creatures collect forgotten or lost objects from the human world and use them for their own purposes. As she befriend Teo and her long lost stuffed sheep Cotton, Haruka must find her hand mirror before the island's ruler, the Baron, uses it for his own devious ends."

Its kind of a spin on the "borrowers" kind of story, your typical find friends who want to help you, and those who want to stop you, type of anime. I found character development quite pleasant and plot turns although not completly unpredictable still quite compelling.

User Image

Have any of you guys seen it?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 am
No I haven't seen or heard it, but it sounds good. I might find and watch it when I have the time after finals. :3  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
No I haven't seen or heard it, but it sounds good. I might find and watch it when I have the time after finals. :3

Yeah Im trying to share the movies Im seen which arent so famous. Though I will probally share ones that are more well known as well. but Im going to try and make this a more regular thing for me. (at least do 10, like this is 2/10)  
Anime, Manga & More

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games