Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Wives with Beehives

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The 50's....
  None of us were alive for that shiz.
View Results

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm
So, today I watched some TV. And it was bad. I mean, the actual idea is interesting. Bunch of women from 2012 who live pretty much like it's the '50's. Like entirely.

I appreciate the fact that they like another period...but the 50's were kind of completely terrible for women (rights wise in the us at least). But these women have the right to choose how they wanna live...and apparently their husbands make enough money to support their homemaker lifestyle (cause they buy fancy s**t a lot, and clearly do not work).

Anyway, here's a vid clip of one of the chicks. She's...interesting.
Video

So yeah. It was pretty cringe worthy cause of the four women it followed...the two most annoying were on screen the most. -.-

It was certainly interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:32 pm
Women got to vote in the states 27 years after women in NZ.

though it wasnt until 1933 that we had a women win a electorate (like govenor in some ways) then in 1946 they were in upper parliment. Though it wasnt til 97 that we had a women running the country. But usually most of our top jobs in parliment are run by women.

Im not too sure about women in the 50s in NZ, but I think weve always been kinda progressive there.

But from looking into it, it seems there was some of that here, but mainly more middle class and higher. During the war lots of our women were working, and it seems quite a few of them stayed working after but I dont really know all that well to be honest.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Cynical Cyanide Overdose

Toxic Seraph

13,975 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 am
I would actually love to live as a homemaker, but without kids. It suits me and prevents me from being a victim of my anxiety or depression. Plus, it's easy. All I have to do is clean house. I have my own hours, can sleep as long as I want, and I can stay home to watch as many movies or play as many games as I want. It's a deal between my boyfriend and I.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 am
ShowsMeDeath
I would actually love to live as a homemaker, but without kids. It suits me and prevents me from being a victim of my anxiety or depression. Plus, it's easy. All I have to do is clean house. I have my own hours, can sleep as long as I want, and I can stay home to watch as many movies or play as many games as I want. It's a deal between my boyfriend and I.
Living as a homemaker could be nice...But these people take it to a Whole new level. Literally like the 50's portrayed on TV. ;-;
I don't think I could ever stay home full time. XD

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 am
Can't watch the vid cuz tablrtcan't handle it
But damn. If I wanna have, say, a Japanese theme, i'll use one or two rooms, not a house. My grandma has the guest room with a Native American theme.
But that's just me  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 pm
I've always loved the dresses in the 50s.
Sometimes I wish I lived during those times.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Cynical Cyanide Overdose

Toxic Seraph

13,975 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am
Ginhi~kun
ShowsMeDeath
Living as a homemaker could be nice...But these people take it to a Whole new level. Literally like the 50's portrayed on TV. ;-;
I don't think I could ever stay home full time. XD

As long as they're not hurting or pushing for others to live the lifestyle, I don't see the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm
ShowsMeDeath

As long as they're not hurting or pushing for others to live the lifestyle, I don't see the problem.
If it's for you then do it man. It just would have been nicer to have seen the 50's styles without the...demeaning culture? But I suppose that's all up for debate anyway. I always thought being a mom/dad was a full time job toos. =)  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Cynical Cyanide Overdose

Toxic Seraph

13,975 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:20 pm
Ginhi~kun
ShowsMeDeath

If it's for you then do it man. It just would have been nicer to have seen the 50's styles without the...demeaning culture? But I suppose that's all up for debate anyway. I always thought being a mom/dad was a full time job toos. =)

*shrugs* There are people into that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:29 am
I adore her reason.

I NEED attention.
GIVE IT TO ME.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores