Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 am
With Pygi recently evolving to her third and final stage, becoming a Pidgeot and something that Tambrey did not feel quite so awkward about riding, the grunt had decided that training should be something she started focusing on a little more.
She'd been a part of Team Rocket for enough time to have been blown up, saved the world, tortured and nearly written out of existence and still survived by the skin of her teeth. Her pokémon were reliable and she trusted (most of) them with her life, but in truth, most of her team remained at early stages of their evolutionary lines or relied on basic attacks.

She was under-powered for a trainer of her experience and she knew it.

Thus, Pygi's evolution became something for her to latch on to. She'd scraped by enough as a trainer to get this little bird, that she'd hatched- Palu's daughter, all the way up to a Pidgeot with a lot of help from the little bird herself.

Palu and Treestar were on the ground, one proud parent and one happy little Chikorita in awe, watching as Pygi circled the room.

Tambrey was currently, awkwardly, positioned atop the bird type- completely inexperienced in how one should properly ride the full-sized pokémon- attempting to get the hang of using Pygi's attacks while riding her.
It was a matter of her inexperience, and her concern for her own safety, that she'd chosen to use a training room for the purpose.

"Okay! Uh, down! No, too far! Um, back up a bit and... now, the left target- Gust!" She called as the pair swooped clockwise around the room, then looked back over her shoulder to see what their fifth attempt had yielded.

The target wobbled as the Gust attack breezed past one side, but that was all the damage it took.
"Uh. Getting closer." Tambrey praised the bird anyway as she clumsily guided her in to land and then promptly fell off for a dismount.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 am
Pokemon training wasn't really his thing.

This was mainly because battles - the kind of battles he would be in - could lead to you getting hurt and KO was not a fan of injury. If he wanted to get out of his red uniform and crowded dorm, however, he needed to reach a certain level... and he wasn't there yet.

KO's dislike of battling was not as strong as his dislike of his room and roommates, and for this reason he was sauntering down to one of the training rooms with his hands in the pockets off his custom tailored slacks; he was off duty so he could wear whatever he wanted, and he did not want to wear that sack of a uniform. He wasn't doing anything so extreme as scowling (scowling lined the face if you did it too much) but the thin line of his mouth and expression of his eyes spoke of resigned irritation.

On finding an occupied room KO came to a halt and knocked loudly; hopefully whoever was inside would be willing to battle with him. It might make this whole thing just a bit less boring.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm
Oh good; she'd just fallen off of her pokémon and now there was someone knocking at the door.
Hopefully they hadn't seen just how badly that had gone.

"Erm, coming!" She called, then cursed- that actually sounded kind of like 'come in'.
Tambrey got herself back off of the ground quickly at that, patting Pygi softly as she did and then very quickly patting at herself. The grunt was brushing off whatever dust or dirt that the floor might have gifted her on her brief visit as she walked toward the door.

She missed one of Pygi's smaller feathers that had gone rogue, and now clung a little awkwardly to the right side of her head.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm
KO opened the door before he was actually invited in, and so he was treated to the sight of a young woman picking herself up off the floor. Oh, and hello! It was Star's roommate; she'd seemed like an alright sort. She'd seemed to rather like him as well, so hopefully it would be fairly easy to persuade her to train with him.

KO smiled and threw her a lazy little salute. "Well well, if it isn't Grunt Tam! You've got a little something," he gestured to his face where the feather was on hers, "just there. Flying practice is it?" Judging by the feather plastered to her and the fact that she had been plastered to the floor, he guessed it wasn't going too well.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 pm
Ooh.
It was thingy... Kirk.
"Captain Kirk." She greeted, with a smile, but was quickly frowning just slightly as she picked off the feather he pointed out.
"Ah. Um... Yes. Er. More 'getting-used-to-having-a-Pidgeot-to-ride' than actually doing any helpful practice but I did start /trying/ to hit some targets..." She admitted, aware the targets remained nearly untouched behind her.
"Turns out it really is kind o'... difficult. 'M used t' just sort of being dragged along for 'Fly'."

"Er. Anyway. So, what brings you to," Oh wait... "the, uh, training room?" Ridiculous. It was a training room; likely that was a silly question.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 am
KO grinned his sparkly grin, still entertained by the nickname he's managed to pick up. He chose to ignore her awkward stumbling over words and the fact that she had clearly totally missed all of her targets, mainly because he wanted her help. "I came here in the hopes of finding somebody to battle with," he explained, "seem's I I'm not getting promoted until I meet a certain standard. I'm pretty sure they're just being harsh because of my history but," a languid gesture of dismissal was made with one manicured hand, "can't be helped; I'll just have to prove my value to the higher ups a little more than others.

"I don't envy you," he added, nodding at the Pidgeot. "I always preferred having my feet on the ground; my own flying type is parachute more than anything else."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm
Ah. His 'history'. Quite likely, she thought, but still... /Star/ was a grunt. Kirk may not have been part of any rescue missions but she couldn't help but feel like he'd probably be more likely to get somewhere.

"Well... Uh. I guess I can understand that and I don't mind battling with you to train. Honestly, I kind of need the experience too," behind her the targets... continued to remain near unmarked "so it'd be good. I'm sure you'll get there, uh, y'know, prove to them, before too long..."

She smiled at what he said about the flying type.
"Oh. I... kind of really want to be able to fly properly and... some people make 't look so easy." She had a little bit of a frown there. "I've been the same about using them like parachutes or gliders f'r too long though."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 pm
KO gave a bit of a sigh and shook his head, weight resting on one hip. "I'll admit it looks impressive... especially when some people do it," a well sculpted, extremely pointed eyebrow raised, "but it's just not my style.... I'll probably have to learn one day, won't I?" If he wanted to keep getting promoted which he did... up to a point. A happy medium, not too much risk or responsibility but enough power to be comfortable.

"So. Where shall we start?" It couldn't quite be said that KO looked uncomfortable, but maybe he looked a little perplexed. "Should we... pick opponents?" He didn't do many training battles, hadn't done any here yet that weren't part of regimented trainee training; how did these things even work?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:56 am
Tambrey nodded. It was a very very good chance they'd be referring to the same stick insect here.
"Erm. Well... I don't know 'bout /have/ to... I'm pretty sure there are plenty o' Agents and higher who don't know a thing about flying... Probably... It does seem like 't 'd be useful though. And, I mean... You said 'parachute' which is fine, but 's probably safer to be able to direct the pokémon to the ground more comfortably than relying on them t' take you there in whatever way, right?" She felt like she had a good point, so could resist explaining it.

The question of where to start demanded a pause and some thinking about it.
"Erm. Well. Uh, what I've done in battles b'fore has been to select the pokémon I think most needs th' training... Or that I need to learn to work with more effectively. Occasionally I try and train the, uh, whole team... but that really is kind of awkward and long and," she thought of a certain spider "sometimes very challenging and slightly dangerous."
The grunt glanced at Pygi (hm, maybe but then, the others there could use it too) and then back toward KO.
"Um. Who do ya most want to train... or need to?"  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff