Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Myst's Healthy Recipes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:24 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
I am not really any good at cooking sadly sad but your recipes sound really yummy Thank you for posting them smile Maybe I will try one. Wish me luck and pray I do not burn the kitchen down.

I wish you good luck with your ingredients and all food happiness in the world! heart
And the most common mistake in the kitchen is leaving it while cooking, people not accustomed to a recipe or the appliances in a kitchen should not leave their kitchen while cooking until they for sure by experience have learned how long they can leave without the food going bad or being destroyed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:42 am
Search up about Canola oil (watch out canola oil producers related websites of course those say their oil are good, for example). This type of oil are even banned at EU countries. Its origin can be trace back to late 1978...

Canola stands for "Canadian oil, low acid"
it's GMO food, lab rat and animals that are exposed to these type of oil in their diets received all sort of sickness...

It can be sold in US, CA, Asia countries because Canada paid millions to FDA to get this accepted as okay food while it's poison.

The "chain" in Canola oil are long and complex, not easy for human to absorb/digest

Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil on the other than are one of the best type of cooking oil unlike canola oil. It's great you are using Extra virgin olive oil smile

Sorry to hear I have offended you, it's just an example anyway. I wanted to talked about food. guessed I have step onto another wrong place again, or spoke too far. emotion_facepalm

My bad sorry.  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 am
Yes! I've been meaning to come here! Thanks, MystMist. I think these recipes sound delicious.

As I was reading through them, and realized I might lose track of them, it occurred to me that having different threads for different kinds of recipes might be helpful. THEN it occurred to me there is probably a forum on Gaia for recipes and there IS, under Health and Fitness!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:08 am
Kecitich
Search up about Canola oil (watch out canola oil producers related websites of course those say their oil are good, for example). This type of oil are even banned at EU countries. Its origin can be trace back to late 1978...

Canola stands for "Canadian oil, low acid"
it's GMO food, lab rat and animals that are exposed to these type of oil in their diets received all sort of sickness...

It can be sold in US, CA, Asia countries because Canada paid millions to FDA to get this accepted as okay food while it's poison.

The "chain" in Canola oil are long and complex, not easy for human to absorb/digest

Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil on the other than are one of the best type of cooking oil unlike canola oil. It's great you are using Extra virgin olive oil smile

Sorry to hear I have offended you, it's just an example anyway. I wanted to talked about food. guessed I have step onto another wrong place again, or spoke too far. emotion_facepalm

My bad sorry.

What the heck are you talking about?????
Canola is a yellow flower with hard seeds, it isn't short for anything or mean anything other than oil made from the seeds of that flower and its a good substitute for olive oil since olive oil break down at high temperatures and becomes bad for you but canola oil can take much higher temperatures.

But maybe you prefer if i call it rapeseed oil? but both names of the flower is English so i just used the one i recognized.  

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 am
JoyRose
Yes! I've been meaning to come here! Thanks, MystMist. I think these recipes sound delicious.

As I was reading through them, and realized I might lose track of them, it occurred to me that having different threads for different kinds of recipes might be helpful. THEN it occurred to me there is probably a forum on Gaia for recipes and there IS, under Health and Fitness!
So, why would i care about that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 pm
MystMist
JoyRose

So, why would i care about that?

Just a wider audience for your fabulous recipes. You're amazing!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm
JoyRose
Just a wider audience for your fabulous recipes. You're amazing!

Too many irritating and ignorant people may comment and talk to me and i prefer a smaller group of people. Besides i would feel stressed to keep my thread on the first page and get a post style and graphics if i posted in the forums and thats just not good for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm
Pie dough
3 deciliter flour
125 gram margarine/butter
2 tablespoons cold water

Pour the flour into a bowl, add the margarine cut into bits.
Work the margarine into the flour with a fork or fingertips until it is grainy. Add water and work the flour and margarine until its a even dough.
Roll out the dough and put it into a pie form, about 24 centimeter in diameter.
Make small holes in the bottom of the pie dough with a fork. Let the dough rest in the fridge for 15-30 min before baking.

Mushroom and Spinach Pie
4-6 servings

250 gram spinach fresh or frozen
1 onion
250 gram fresh mushrooms or 25 gram dried mushrooms (if using dried mushrooms put them into cold water for 30 minutes)
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch pepper
3 eggs
1 deciliter milk
1 deciliter cream
1 deciliter newly grated aged cheese

Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
If you are using frozen spinach, thaw the spinach and squeeze out the excess liquid. Peel and chop the onion and cut the mushrooms into pieces.
Fry the onion and mushrooms in butter in a big frying pan. Add the spinach and flavor with salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs, mil and cream together.
Bake the pie-crust for 10 minutes before adding anything into it. Then add the mushrooms and spinach into the crust and pour on the egg-mixture. Put a layer of cheese on top.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes.

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:12 pm
I totally see your point.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:03 pm
Your recipes really do sound good thanks for posting them smile  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Yuki Lilly

Bashful Sweetheart

12,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm
Mmm they all sound so yummy emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 pm
Your Are making me hungry, I will have to try a couple of you recipes. That you for posting them cat_3nodding  

Tera Windstar

Ruthless Hunter

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas