Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
FINGERS CROSSED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ASAP
  Another bad poooooolllllll~ <33
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:33 pm
So, I've been really...busy for the last few months to say the least.
Basically, my grandmother is in end stage liver failure, and it's been really rough. Because as is the typical in my house, I'm the weight bearer.

My uncle doesn't really do much to take care of her, other than that he is assuming power of attorney. BUT ANYWAYS, so my grandmother's health is failing and I've been the one "...cleaning up" after her. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, all that stuff.

Tomorrow we're having an interview with a home health agent. So fingers crossed that we actually get a nurse ASAP!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm
Will the "home heatlh" be covered by insurance or anything?

I know ours can be depending on the situation.

But "http://www.nursemaude.org.nz/homecare"

Personal Care
Following assessment, and a care plan by a registered nurse, support workers provide assistance with needs including dressing and undressing, personal grooming, bathing, toileting, and mobility needs and meals. Personal Care services are available seven days a week when needed.

Domestic Assistance
The support worker provides household tasks including laundry, vacuuming, dusting, dishes, bed making, meal preparation and essential shopping so clients can leave hospital earlier or stay in their own home. The service is available 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

Can be given freely as long as you meet the criteria here. Like in your case I think you would be covered by sickness/acc and get it free. Though of course that may only mean two free visits a day of 1 hour, or something similar depending. Still a couple hours of free care a day can still do a lot to help keep someone living independantly.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 am
oh hey! my daddy is a home help nurse c:  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:03 am
Sagebomb
Will the "home heatlh" be covered by insurance or anything?

I know ours can be depending on the situation.

But "http://www.nursemaude.org.nz/homecare"

Personal Care
Following assessment, and a care plan by a registered nurse, support workers provide assistance with needs including dressing and undressing, personal grooming, bathing, toileting, and mobility needs and meals. Personal Care services are available seven days a week when needed.

Domestic Assistance
The support worker provides household tasks including laundry, vacuuming, dusting, dishes, bed making, meal preparation and essential shopping so clients can leave hospital earlier or stay in their own home. The service is available 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

Can be given freely as long as you meet the criteria here. Like in your case I think you would be covered by sickness/acc and get it free. Though of course that may only mean two free visits a day of 1 hour, or something similar depending. Still a couple hours of free care a day can still do a lot to help keep someone living independantly.

She has two types of insurance, 3nodding
Blue cross blue shield and medicare, but medicare will cover the home health/hospice program. They send a nurse in about two times a week and then if need be they send domestic help to help clean up. But I believe the second bit is optional.

It is a little weird though because I'm the one who has been helping her take her medicine, take showers, get dressed, make her food, get her to and from the bathroom, cleaning. But you know my job, I can't be here all of the time and that's when she gets into trouble.

And my uncle refuses the idea that we take shifts at home like we take shifts at work. He essentially does NONE of the hard work because he's "stressed" and has "stuff going on." So it falls on me, and I REALLY need help. I'm not a nurse, I don't know what to do, all I can do is call 911 if something happens.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:04 am
tanqela

:3
That's awesome!
Is it hard for him, or does he really like it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm
Citrus Novii
tanqela

That's awesome!

he likes it because he can help people, but sometimes, work gets tough.  

hoenest

Darling

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 pm
Citrus Novii

And my uncle refuses the idea that we take shifts at home like we take shifts at work. He essentially does NONE of the hard work because he's "stressed" and has "stuff going on." So it falls on me, and I REALLY need help. I'm not a nurse, I don't know what to do, all I can do is call 911 if something happens.

Ahh the excuses people use to get out of having to do stuff.

But Im glad you can get some help. It will be good for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Ahh the excuses people use to get out of having to do stuff.

But Im glad you can get some help. It will be good for you.

I don't even know if I could even call it an excuse to be honest, because there are no details. His pot inhalation has increased ten fold though.
I know this, because my room is RIGHT NEXT TO HIS and it wakes me up the smell is so strong. gonk

Thanks Sage. c:

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm
Citrus Novii

I don't even know if I could even call it an excuse to be honest, because there are no details.c:

"I cant be bothered" is a excuse, not a good one, but still kinda a excuse. emo  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm
tanqela
Citrus Novii
tanqela

That's awesome!

he likes it because he can help people, but sometimes, work gets tough.

I believe it.
I could never actually do it myself as a profession, I would get super attached to my patients.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:21 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I don't even know if I could even call it an excuse to be honest, because there are no details.c:

"I cant be bothered" is a excuse, not a good one, but still kinda a excuse. emo

It's SO frustrating.
I'm pretty sure it all revolves around his long distance GF. Who stole his dog, and he's still trying to get both of them back here, mostly for the dog though.

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games