Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
You know..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cold weather? Like?
  No.
  yes.
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Jeez, I'd sunburn in seconds. D;
I'm like...REALLY fair skinned. If I don't wear sunscreen out, I've been sunburned in as little as 20-40 minutes. It's kinda funny actually..

Lol I like that.
e__________e "Ignore my warnings foreigner. You shall be your own undoing."

Cold is good.
But I'd probably cry like a little baby out there in winter.

; 3; "WHY IS IT 5 DEGREES. WHAT IS THERE...ICE ON THE GROUND INSTEAD OF IN THE FRIDGE!?!?!"

You should see people here right now.
We forget how to drive with rain and ice, and there have been accidents like crazy because of it.
Ambulance wrecked the other day. :<

Yeah I have pretty strong skin, but I remember times where I have burnt just walking from the house to the garage, and back inside....it can get pretty crazy

"There is less ozone here to block the UV rays that cause sunburn.

Earth's orbit takes it closer to the sun during the southern summer than during the northern summer.

There is less pollution in the southern-hemisphere to block the UV rays."

But usually its not so bad, you just need to know what to watch for.

Honestly I have found some of the toughest driving conditions to be during rain on roads of desert places. Like when I was in vegas, I found my car skidded when I was braking going less than 10mph. Basically this is because there is nothing washing the oil off the road, so when it rains the road is effectivly just a oil slick. And oil is tougher to drive on than ice.

My house is connected, so I don't have to worry about that, but when I walk my dog in the summer I have to wear shoes or else it's like walking across hot coals. XD

Yeah I kinda sorta knew about the o-zone.

So....the pollution actually blocks it? That's weird...
I'm not sure why I can't wrap my mind around that one. When I was in school they taught us that there were holes in the o-zone that were caused by pollution, not that it was natural.

It's the same way down here with the roads. We've been in this crazy drought for the better part of the last five years, and it turns the roads into massive oil traps. Very dangerous, I hydroplaned the last time it rained and I mean I was SCARED.

I mean, happily the dude who taught me to drive did a good job, or maybe I just have good skills in not panicking (lol) in those types of situations, because nothing bad happened, a dude honked at me though. emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm
Citrus Novii

My house is connected, so I don't have to worry about that, but when I walk my dog in the summer I have to wear shoes or else it's like walking across hot coals. XD

I'm not sure why I can't wrap my mind around that one. When I was in school they taught us that there were holes in the o-zone that were caused by pollution, not that it was natural.

It's the same way down here with the roads. We've been in this crazy drought for the better part of the last five years, and it turns the roads into massive oil traps. Very dangerous, I hydroplaned the last time it rained and I mean I was SCARED.

I mean, happily the dude who taught me to drive did a good job, or maybe I just have good skills in not panicking (lol) in those types of situations, because nothing bad happened, a dude honked at me though. emotion_donotwant

Far enough. Yeah I like Ozone too.

Both are correct. Pollution has a lot of particles in it. These block/ reflect UVs just like ozone does. At the same time, all that pollution from mainly America and China pools up and destroys the ozone around the southern pole. Basically, it gives you a second layer...but smashes our only layer. It all comes down to how our atmosphere works, and how air/particles move. Basically its one of those things where the people causing it....tend not to care about it, because it dosent affect them.

XD, yeah Ive had several near misses on the road (mostly not my fault) but I have really good reflexes and such. And the one crash I did have was at low speed in a one direction road around a car park....A person (who just happened to be a Asian Driver ) was going the wrong way, and I couldnt see him as I came around a blind corner.

But I also love driving on conditions that test me/keep me focused.

I love driving around the gravel roads here, and some corners you really have to slow for, but there this one curve which you can semi take at speed (~45mph), but you tail does slide out behind you, and you fish tail a couple times as you bring it back in line. Although it is a bit dangerous, it does mean I know how my car handles under lost traction, and starting to spin out.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Far enough. Yeah I like Ozone too.

Both are correct. Pollution has a lot of particles in it. These block/ reflect UVs just like ozone does. At the same time, all that pollution from mainly America and China pools up and destroys the ozone around the southern pole. Basically, it gives you a second layer...but smashes our only layer. It all comes down to how our atmosphere works, and how air/particles move. Basically its one of those things where the people causing it....tend not to care about it, because it dosent affect them.

XD, yeah Ive had several near misses on the road (mostly not my fault) but I have really good reflexes and such. And the one crash I did have was at low speed in a one direction road around a car park....A person (who just happened to be a Asian Driver ) was going the wrong way, and I couldnt see him as I came around a blind corner.

But I also love driving on conditions that test me/keep me focused.

I love driving around the gravel roads here, and some corners you really have to slow for, but there this one curve which you can semi take at speed (~45mph), but you tail does slide out behind you, and you fish tail a couple times as you bring it back in line. Although it is a bit dangerous, it does mean I know how my car handles under lost traction, and starting to spin out.

OMGHSHSDIOASDKLASDKLASODKASD.
I remember how proud I was when I could sing that perfectly.
Well...language wise. xD
/lame

I LOOOOOOVE driving.
Period.
Like, I sometimes wake up at 6am just to go for an early morning super peaceful drive around my town. c:

We have tons of dirt roads out here, I actually learned to drive on a 1/3 lined cared for pavement, 1/3 dirt, 1/3 old fashioned SOL road with blind corners. Super fun. Scared the crap out of my instructor a few times because I have a tendency to speed on corners.
Love that gravity pulling on your organs feel. c:

That video was FUNNY.
Question.
Did he say 'my nig?'
Because I have no idea.
Got the rest of it, and I lol'd. XDDD

PLEASE explain for the non-adapted to the accent 'merican plz.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm
Citrus Novii

I LOOOOOOVE driving.
Period.
Like, I sometimes wake up at 6am just to go for an early morning super peaceful drive around my town. c:

We have tons of dirt roads out here, I actually learned to drive on a 1/3 lined cared for pavement, 1/3 dirt, 1/3 old fashioned SOL road with blind corners. Super fun. Scared the crap out of my instructor a few times because I have a tendency to speed on corners.

That video was FUNNY.
Question.
Did he say 'my nig?'
Because I have no idea.

Yeah, they were cool it was the first albulm I ordered from over seas.

And yep, Becoming one with your car is a awesome time.

Yeah, it was a P-take, of one of our anti drink driving ads. And dunno, what time was that at. I definitly dont think he did XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I LOOOOOOVE driving.
Period.

That video was FUNNY.
Question.
Did he say 'my nig?'
Because I have no idea.

Yeah, they were cool it was the first albulm I ordered from over seas.

And yep, Becoming one with your car is a awesome time.

Yeah, it was a P-take, of one of our anti drink driving ads. And dunno, what time was that at. I definitly dont think he did XD

xD
That's awesome.

I LOVE my car.
I don't even care that it looks like it has bullet holes on the side of it.

It REALLY sounded like it.
But I was all, "Eh they're talkin' REALLY fast. I probably didn't hear it right."

You're anti-stupid ads are much better than ours.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am
Citrus Novii

I LOVE my car.

But I was all, "Eh they're talkin' REALLY fast. I probably didn't hear it right."

I showed you the chainsaw drinking ad a while back right?

but yeah I think its because our real ads themselves are pretty crazy.

Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51OxZF1ltI in one of the acc series, which is a real ad.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:37 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I LOVE my car.

I showed you the chainsaw drinking ad a while back right?

but yeah I think its because our real ads themselves are pretty crazy.

Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51OxZF1ltI in one of the acc series, which is a real ad.

D:
Holy crap.

I think you just posted it into a thread, but I never really watched it. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 am
Citrus Novii

D:
Holy crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8zVnErdPfE

yeah we have plenty of ads just about basic saftey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kAopGs9gSY yeah it makes fun of how bloody and crazy some of our drink driving ads were getting.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

D:
Holy crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8zVnErdPfE

yeah we have plenty of ads just about basic saftey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kAopGs9gSY yeah it makes fun of how bloody and crazy some of our drink driving ads were getting.

....THEY PUT THIS STUFF ON TELEVISION?

1. It's awesome.
2. If you did that here, oh muh gawd.
People freaked out when condoms started television advertising.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 am
Citrus Novii

1. It's awesome.

The shower ad, and table ad, yes indeed. And others like them.

the chainsaw was a joke more based on ads like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjn2JKrlkcU

is a typical ad appealing to the NZ psyche, these are the sort of ads that dont play till 8:30pm though. But we get bloodier ones.

Then there are the ones about speeding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXmOLRQ_-A

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_AMEYsBxZA is a nice one...says sydney but was made for nz.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

1. It's awesome.

The shower ad, and table ad, yes indeed. And others like them.

the chainsaw was a joke more based on ads like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjn2JKrlkcU

is a typical ad appealing to the NZ psyche, these are the sort of ads that dont play till 8:30pm though. But we get bloodier ones.

Then there are the ones about speeding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXmOLRQ_-A

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_AMEYsBxZA is a nice one...says sydney but was made for nz.

Okay so I just watched that last one with another person and we were just like...stunned into silence.

I almost like those ads. They don't coddle you as to what happens when you're stupid. What's the take on them there? Like, they're not campy or anything...so I can't imagine they're a joke but yeah?

Damn. @_@

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 am
Citrus Novii

Okay so I just watched that last one with another person and we were just like...stunned into silence.

I almost like those ads. They don't coddle you as to what happens when you're stupid. What's the take on them there? Like, they're not campy or anything...so I can't imagine they're a joke but yeah?

Damn. @_@

When in the states I found the drink driving ads quite stupid.

They were like...dont drink or drive or else a policeperson may pull you over and give you a ticket. or other things that looked like they wouldnt be enough to make me care.

For ours we like to hammer home the reality of what happens when you do do it.

They are pretty real, but we are used to them. The first time you see them you are like wow...the second you are like...yeah okay. the third you are like...*shrugs*  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Cynical Cyanide Overdose

Toxic Seraph

13,975 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm
I live in Iowa and it's too freaking cold here.

I prefer 70-75 degree weather with a nice breeze and some humidity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:50 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Damn. @_@

When in the states I found the drink driving ads quite stupid.

They were like...dont drink or drive or else a policeperson may pull you over and give you a ticket. or other things that looked like they wouldnt be enough to make me care.

For ours we like to hammer home the reality of what happens when you do do it.

They are pretty real, but we are used to them. The first time you see them you are like wow...the second you are like...yeah okay. the third you are like...*shrugs*

YES.
Now it's less of that here as it is texting and driving though.

But it's just some dude sitting in a car like, "DON'T DO IT KK?"

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm
Citrus Novii

YES.
Now it's less of that here as it is texting and driving though.

But it's just some dude sitting in a car like, "DON'T DO IT KK?"

Yeah I dont get it. The ads are all like...we want to tell them not to do it. But we wouldnt want them to think they may get hurt.

NZ hasnt got too bloody on the text ads yet.

Nothing compared to the UK at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=505k3YCc7Bw  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas