Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 am
There was one trait about winter that was always the most impacting in Rosie's opinion, even more so then the breathtaking beauty of the thickly falling snow.
large flakes floating delicately to the earth, covering everything in a thick blanket of white.
It was the silence.
No other time could you have such busy scenery, make absolutely no sound.

It was growing quite late, the sky was dark, though the sidewalks and streets were illuminated by the glowing lamp posts along the curbs.

Jinko city was much quieter then Camphoreon was, the life here was more mellow, laid back, and the nights were quiet.
There was an art museum event going on in the city for the week. Rosie had gotten wind of it from the forums, and deciding that maybe her and her pokemon could use a break for the weekend, rented a room in the city to enjoy some quiet.

It was a beautiful night, the lamps light causing the snow to glow beautifully, and the rhythmic rustle of flame from the gray speckled Rapidash settled next to her in the snow.
Rosie didn't need to be bundled up, leaning against the horse pokemon who's flames kept her comfortable. The two just sat outside of the hotel entrance in the courtyard, watching the snow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:35 pm
Favourite, dark brown, fedora, typical not-too-ratty old suit, red scarf and long brown (most importantly warm) coat; Jeremy was under no illusions that he looked either like he'd stepped from the past or out of some old fashioned noir detective novel.

He'd come, cultured as he liked to think of himself as, with the art museum's event as a draw, though honestly, he had to admit to himself, he missed the travelling that came with a pokémon journey or... any travelling. Here was a big island of a reason with so many places to go and yet he found himself limited by 'funds' or 'obligations'... He'd made enough to pay off his rent for a short while now... He had enough for food. Travelling was easy, though travelling in style, perhaps not. Still, this trip- he could afford it and he /had/ looked forward to this event so here he was.

Winter or not, event or not, his pokémon were not content to stay in their balls or indoors for too long; especially Dupin since her evolution.
Thus, they, all three, found themselves outside to take a walk and enjoy the snow.
Lestrade, grass type, was slightly uncomfortable in the snow really, but having fun as he ran with his Jolteon friend. Dupin, the serious one, usually, was delighted, apparently, by the snow; little tiny sparks followed her feet and played off her coat as she chased around with the Leafeon.

They paused, as did Jeremy, as they spotted the girl and her horse; the two eveelutions taking a good look at the pair.
"G' evening, miss." Jeremy greeted, removing his hat and holding it to his chest as he did. He took in the girl and her Rapidash, marveling slightly at the fire type before offering a compliment. "Handsome friend."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:14 pm
The silence was broken by the sound of walking, and the crunching of quick paws skittering through the snow.
Both trainer and Rapidash lifted their heads in anticipation of a newcomer, in time to see two eons' chasing one another through the snow, shortly followed by a man in a suit and coat.
One look, and Rosie had to admit that she liked his style.

"Good evening, Sir" Rosie greeted with a bow of her head, then smile brightly, looking up at Pastin when the man complemented her pokemon as well.

Pastin tossed his head a little, and let out a heavy breath through his nostrils, but for the most part took the complement with dignity.
This caused Rosie to giggle a little.
"thank you so much Sir, I was admiring your Eeveelutions myself, are you their trainer?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm
The man seemed to smile slightly more at 'sir'. In general, it seemed like only employees of some establishment or another even used that term anymore. Clearly the girl with the horse was polite, well brought up, he decided, though raised an eyebrow (not un-amused, at least) at Pastin's snort and Rosie's giggle.

"I'll take that to mean yon horse appreciates a compliment." It didn't sound so much like a question, but there was a note of appreciation.
The expressive eyebrows, thick but lacking bushiness, raised both now as Jeremy's own gaze went to the two Eeveelutions. They'd wandered slightly closer, both curious about the pair, though Lestrade clearly more eager to be friendly.
The leafeon trotted toward Rosie, wagging his leafy tail, while Dupin hung back and watched.
"Aye. Well. As much as they let one be. Sometimes I find myself questioning if they are not training myself instead. This walk in pleasant snow? All their idea." The man was expressive in gesture... and still holding his hat while he did so.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 pm
"Oh yes" the girl confirmed his comment, helping to translate her pokemon's mannerisms a little better. "He did."
Reaching a hand up she stroked the side of the Rapidash's strong thick neck, that was, until the Leafeon with the man came over to say hello.

"You trainer your trainer huh? I bet that's a whole lot of responsibility isn't it" Rosie spoke the the grass eon, pushing herself onto her knees and holding her hand out to greet the pokemon.
"Its a beautiful night, we found it hard not to want to sit out here for a while, though, if it wasn't for Pastin's fire, it would turn out to be a much more uncomfortable experience I'm sure."

The blond looked up at the man, still smiling she pushed herself to her feet, brushing the snow off of her knees and walking up to him. "My name is Rosie, and this is one of my team, Pastin."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm
Lestrade moved to sniff at, then bump his head against, Rosie's hand when she reached out.
He almost seemed to nod at her comment, agreeing with a short 'Leaf!'
The Leafeon looked back at the Jolteon; this 'Rosie' seemed 'all right', was his verdict. Dupin remained where she was, watching with cool eyes. Quite different from the 'playfulness' she'd had before; this mood had an air of watchful curiosity more than wariness exactly.
Of course, the warmth of a fire type, in this weather anyway, wasn't exactly a deterrent to Lestrade either.

"Oh it is a beautiful night- something always is about this time of year depending on where you are, of course, but I do believe you'd be entirely right about the virtue of your pokémon's flames in these surroundings. Lestrade, there, does not get along with the cold at all, yet he is most keen to be out and play on a walk with Dupin." His hat gestured from one to the other. "Oh, and don't mind her 'stand-offish' stance; it is a... quirk that she had had since she was an eevee."

As she walked up to him, Jeremy offered out his free hand and bent just slightly in a shallow, nodding, bow. "A please to meet you Miss Rosie, Pastin; my name is Jeremy H. Bell, but a name on either side of that 'H' will suffice just fine." The hand, still holding the hat, extended in gesture even during the introduction, while a 'splash' of white hair on the fringe of an otherwise graying brunette forest sprung up and out of place slightly when he straightened- as though sensing it was free of the head-wear suddenly.
"A team? Then, no doubt, a trainer more than casual owner?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out