Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:30 pm
A long, quiet sigh, and he extended a hand to retrieve the glass of water, partaking of it slowly and in small increments. "It's not the worst thing ever," he murmured, continuing to refrain from eye contact. "There's medication and stuff… Surgery that can be done…" He trailed off, his words disheartened. He really hated all the chemicals they required him to throw down his throat every day - multiple times a day, for some of them - and liked even less the idea of being completely unconscious while someone cleaved his chest open and poked around one of the most vital parts of the human body. Maybe not the worst thing ever, but surely pretty damn close.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:33 am
She watched him without seeming to, or at least endeavoring to do so, and placed her glass in front of her with both hands resting on either side of it. It was definitely something serious with his heart, then, if he would need surgery to fix it. Ohh, the poor thing. She couldn't help but feel her own heart ache for him -- he was so young, and the young were supposed to be so full of life, in their prime. Serious health issues, especially heart-related ones, were for older people. Older than her. She couldn't even imagine what she would do or how she would feel if her dear Mina had anything like that wrong with her.

"I'm not sure what else to say besides I'm sorry," she replied gently. It was entirely true, though. Abigail really wasn't at all sure what to say, but he'd probably heard all of it before. Instead, "If there's anything I can do," she began hesitantly, though left the sentence unfinished because she wasn't really sure how to end it. She wasn't sure what she could do, apart from provide sympathy that really didn't amount to much.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:43 pm
"It's nothing to be sorry about it." There was a subtle firmness to his words, a resistance to the pity he perceived. This was why he disliked speaking to others of his health. "I've managed to live with it so far. I'm sure I'll keep on managing one way or another." Luke didn't know either what she intended to do or what she thought she could do, though he tried his best to perceive the offer as polite rather than condescending. His physical capabilities were limited - temporarily, if the doctors were to be believed - but that didn't mean he was willing to impose on someone he barely knew.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:03 am
A brief hesitation, and then, "Alright." The tone and firmness of his words implied his statement was less of a reassurance and more a lack of desire for her apologies. She nodded to his second statement, thinking on her choice of words before replying. It was really difficult, she noted, trying to think of what exactly to say to a young man with such a serious condition. Really difficult. "At least surgery or medications will help that." Was that even okay to say? It was kind of hard to tell anymore.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:03 pm
A light nod, though his eyes lingered impassively on the half empty glass of water nestled between his hands. "It's not hopeless," he confirmed. "I should be fine sooner or later." Sooner rather than later, he noted with a vague anxiety as he recalled the scheduled date of his surgery. The associated thoughts were still quite unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am
She was a little surprised at his 'hopeless' comment, but kept her expressions in check. "Of course it isn't hopeless," she agreed quite readily; he'd even just said there were things that could be done, and she could only assume he was using one or both of those methods. "Especially since it sounds like it isn't too advanced, so I'd wager you'll be right as rain pretty soon," she said encouragingly. Arceus it was hard to think of what to say in this situation. Poor boy...  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm
Gradually Luke was becoming aware of the growing awkwardness between them as the conversation frayed and faded. Since he was feeling well enough to move normally again, he took the initiative to stand in preparation to depart, "Well, I'm fine now, anyway. Sorry to hold you up like that."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:16 pm
Abigail offered him a short nod in return. "Alright. I'm glad you're feeling better," she said sincerely as she shifted the cup in her hands uncertainly. "And it was no problem at all, Luke. Take care," the former breeder offered in parting.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out