Beloved Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm
omg, I'm so excited I could just *poof*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm
Light and shadows, especially on the models, are a little off. I don't think the overall feel was emulated as well as it could have been. It's not exactly cel-shaded either.

I like the scenery a lot better than I like the character models... or the s**t for that matter. It looks like toys instead of cartoons or comics.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Hellranium

Beloved Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 pm
sweatdrop lol sweatdrop I made a typo in the title, I SAID WINDER WAKER rofl xd lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 am
Yeah, you seemed excited. People here will mispell stuff like that intentionally for dramatic effect sometimes, so it's fine.

OMG WINDER WAKER WIIUER!!!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am
By "people" he means the cult oldies.
And by "dramatic effect" he means completely normal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 pm
The only two things I'm not in love with in how it looks are that the blue in the ocean isn't the same (I got a visual hard-on for that hue in the original) and that there's a bit of bloom, which I hope isn't overused.

Otherwise, looks great. Looking at screens you'd legitimately think they were high-quality toys. I can't believe they're really giving Windwaker a remake. It's my favorite Zelda game, sure, but it's also the remake people have been most clamoring for, from what I've heard, aside from maybe Majora's Mask.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am
The more I look at it, the more I hate that sky. It's suffering from the just-stepped-outside look, except it's like that forever. Hate it. Besides that, I think it's gorgeous.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm
Meta_Fish
It's my favorite Zelda game, sure, but it's also the remake people have been most clamoring for, from what I've heard, aside from maybe Majora's Mask.

Really? Where did you hear this? o.o I don't think I've ever heard someone ask for a WW remake, just older games like MM and ALttP. Honestly, I think a WW remake is completely unnecessary because of how beautiful it still looks, even with today's standards and because a lot of people have Wiis that they can play it on. The GameCube hasn't gone Virtual Console yet. It's nice, though, just not really needed.

The lighting effects and different color palettes are still weird to me, too, because they change the whole atmosphere. Everything is looking so realistic while still trying to be cartoony. It looks different, but it does look really good at the same time. I'll have to see the whole game before I decide on which version I really prefer in terms of graphics (everything else-wise, almost definitely Wii U).  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:25 pm
i honestly just wanted a new one in the WW setting. a remake is nice but i like new stories when it comes to zelda.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 pm
Jaycorn
Meta_Fish
It's my favorite Zelda game, sure, but it's also the remake people have been most clamoring for, from what I've heard, aside from maybe Majora's Mask.

Really? Where did you hear this? o.o I don't think I've ever heard someone ask for a WW remake, just older games like MM and ALttP. Honestly, I think a WW remake is completely unnecessary because of how beautiful it still looks, even with today's standards and because a lot of people have Wiis that they can play it on. The GameCube hasn't gone Virtual Console yet. It's nice, though, just not really needed.
I've heard clamoring for it in the gaming media. It's highly-regarded by people that are playing every new game that comes out for gaming websites and they've wanted to see an HD remake of it like the myriad of HD remakes they've gotten of other PS2-era games.

True, a remake of a game prior to Windwaker would make more sense, because they could make it look (and run) a hell of a lot better. I'd like to see Majora's Mask too, but I'll be glad to revisit Windwaker.

Jaycorn
The lighting effects and different color palettes are still weird to me, too, because they change the whole atmosphere. Everything is looking so realistic while still trying to be cartoony. It looks different, but it does look really good at the same time. I'll have to see the whole game before I decide on which version I really prefer in terms of graphics (everything else-wise, almost definitely Wii U).
I just hope they tune down that bloom.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 am
Meta_Fish

Jaycorn

i hope they use it like it was meant to be used, HDR lighting would be nice but bloom seems like the right effect for the game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 pm
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish

Jaycorn

i hope they use it like it was meant to be used, HDR lighting would be nice but bloom seems like the right effect for the game.
The bloom seemed a bit high but maybe it's going to change when they show gameplay, by change I mean maybe it isn't a bad thing , we'll have to wait until gameplay though. I'm excited as hell I never beat Wind Waker(Never owned it) cool  

MrChristoop

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm
MrChristoop
The bloom seemed a bit high but maybe it's going to change when they show gameplay, by change I mean maybe it isn't a bad thing , we'll have to wait until gameplay though. I'm excited as hell I never beat Wind Waker(Never owned it) cool
You're right, it's hard to tell before we see actual footage what it's going to be like. I can't wait to see this game in motion, even just for the character models and to see how the lighting works on them. So excited!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 pm
i think a good place to see how the lighting will work... the earth temple.

i wanna know how mirror shield will look.  

Xilo The Odd

Vermillion-Acorn

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm
Hellranium
omg, I'm so excited I could just *poof*

That was my exact thought when I heard about it, omg!!! xd I'm still waiting to get a Wii U to play this!!!  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games