Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Gaia Police Departments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:41 pm
Besides reporting ToS violators, some of these "police" actually try to bully people and in the past have tried to issue "fines".

I don't like the idea of "police" unless the Admins appoint NPC's. I am sorry but I don't see a need for guilds specializing in becoming user mods specifically setting out to determine if someone is violating ToS. It's not their place. In many cases, they can actually egg someone into doing or saying something that can be misconstrued under normal circumstances into seeming like it is a violation, and of course, makes the "police officer" look like an angel and the average Gaian look like a "criminal".

No, they have no business running around Gaia doing a Mod's job.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:09 am
Calling anyone "Police" is pretty silly to me. Moderators moderate the forums. We moderate the content of our guilds, it's pretty simple, no? I mean, if people want to go report violations, that's GREAT but calling themselves police- especially demanding fines or whatever- THAT is actually blackmail and that'll get the one asking for fines banned, I bet.

I vote no affiliation, now, or ever. Reporting should be done for the community, not for the recognition and pat on the head. :s  

Silverflame373

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:50 am
Silverflame373
Calling anyone "Police" is pretty silly to me. Moderators moderate the forums. We moderate the content of our guilds, it's pretty simple, no? I mean, if people want to go report violations, that's GREAT but calling themselves police- especially demanding fines or whatever- THAT is actually blackmail and that'll get the one asking for fines banned, I bet.

I vote no affiliation, now, or ever. Reporting should be done for the community, not for the recognition and pat on the head. :s

I agree with this.

Anyone could slap on a 'badge' and proclaim themselves a police force.

Whilst I commend the thought I don't think I could ever get behind it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:03 pm
Gaia, used to be fun. The overflowing amount b.s. that has come along with this site becoming popular... well just stings. I remember the simplicity and awesomeness of an untainted gaia. sad  

b1wskynyrd

Ruthless Bear

10,975 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

St._Jimmy

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:46 am
Bobby Dillon
So the majority of Guild Captain's and Crew should know me. I have founded a very successful guild 'The Gaian Wedding Chapel, Inc' which was spotlighted numerous times while I was the 'President' of the Guild. Before that I founded many 'Law Enforcement' Guild's, as it is an interest of mine to join that sort of career in the in-real world.

I have recently acquired the Chief of Police position in the Barton Town Police Department and since then all sort of issue's regarding all Law Enforcement Police based Guild's have risen.

One of these were harassment toward's the member's of GaiaOnline from these officer's, and I will admit that a few of our officer's were accused of it, and it has been dealt with since then.

Other issue's involve the officer's of any guild thinking they are on the same level of a GaiaOnline Moderator. At the Barton Town Police Department we don't believe in this, and I have constantly reminded the officer's of my guild, even before I acquired such a position, I have always reminded them that they are not moderator's, and we are only trying to do the 'reporting' that no one else is doing.

I have been contacted by the Editor of Gaia Online Magazine regarding this and the petition asking for all police-based guilds to be banned was taken down as we have dealt with such problems.

Some of the Law Enforcement Guild's on GaiaOnline are very childish, immature and it's what's giving guild's like mine such a bad reputation.

I've been around guilds since they were released, I've never heard of you  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:13 am
I always like reading both sides of the story before assuming my position. As I read both sides of the story, I see some people have been banned or their accounts removed unfairly. And, I also see that the Gaia Police Dept. as providing a great service. There was a huge explosion of cybering, harassment and inappropriate content on Gaia in previous years. A lot of the time, the Captain, Vice Captains and Crew were all taking part in it. In some cases, these Guilds were thriving, with content definitely not suitable for the PG 13 label. The people in charge of looking at these Guilds cannot be in multiple places at once. Having a policing force to help them is beneficial. It allows them to have more eyes at once. This leads to a huge cutback on some of the disgusting content that was posted here.

However, there are cases in which the Gaia Police Departments do have corruption. Not everyone that joins these Guilds are honourable. Should they be allowed to ban people? No. They should report the conduct they feel is inappropriate; and Gaia Administrators should be double checking the report filed. I do think that a service like this is in some cases, extremely helpful; if done correctly. However, if Gaia Administrators review and find that one person is wrongfully convicting several people they should be looked into as well. Nobody should lose their account due to a wrongful conviction.

Queen_EnchantedLuck

Desirable Girl

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers