Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Social life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pros and cons
  Yay, friends!
  Boo, driving.
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 am
I seem to be expanding my social circle and am currently having a more active social life than is my norm.
I've met and am becoming friends with some of my brothers' friends, which is cool except for the part where they live in the town my brother does, which is not the town I live in.
I now find myself driving half an hour of highway each way for hanging out and gatherings and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:44 am
Ugh. Social life.
I don't have one. emo
I'm such a loser. sweatdrop lol.
Not really complaining though. It's just easier on myself because I don't have to pay attention to too much. x3

Well, as long as you're having a good time I don't see the problem traveling a bit to enjoy that time. ^^  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am
I guess positively thinking if you were further inland it could be more like 5 hours driving to the next city XD.

But for me because of where I grew up, anything under a hour drive is just considered by me to be not much different than what you would do to go to school, or work or what not.

A hour and a half is a bit much though if you are doing it every day.

Expecially if you are paying for petrol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm
What is this 'social life' thing?  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Fumahiko

Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm
College has replaced mine...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm
social? in real life?!

who needs that!? I have all the social I need in Gaia Online, Skype, World of Warcraft, and Second Life!  

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:22 pm
It's worth it though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

I used to have one, and then my friends moved far away for university, so I guess I'm just out of practice. I always have fun, but it seems to drain a lot of my energy.
Yes, it's worth the traveling in the end, I just don't like driving much.

Sagebomb
Yes, too true. I've been very spoiled, the area I've lived in most of my life is a series of little towns right next to each other, everything is really close by.
Normally it's just an hour, and only 1-3 times a week. It's actually the same distance that I have to drive for work - an on a better road, too, it just seems like a much longer drive at, say, 10:30pm. xD The petrol is a bit of a worry, true, especially now that I'm not getting many hours at work.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Apparently it's where you go over to other peoples' houses and talk and watch things, but I'm very out of practice so I might be getting it wrong. xd

Fumahiko
Yes, I hear that tends to happen.

Bloorigard2
Somehow gaia is the only online site where I have a history of actually being social. In my WoW days I barely interacted with any other players. n_n;;

colon bracket
Yes, it is. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Yes, too true. I've been very spoiled, the area I've lived in most of my life is a series of little towns right next to each other, everything is really close by.
Normally it's just an hour, and only 1-3 times a week. It's actually the same distance that I have to drive for work - an on a better road, too, it just seems like a much longer drive at, say, 10:30pm. xD The petrol is a bit of a worry, true, especially now that I'm not getting many hours at work.

Yeah when you are tired its quite amazing how your sense of time can warp.

And gutted on the hours. Hopefully it is at least allowing you more sanity time.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 am
I'm not sure if I've ever REALLY had a social life. I think I had one at different points in time while I was in the military, but that was an organization which more or less forces you to socialize with people frequently. Though I guess it's worth noting that most of said social life happened while I was still in training for three and a half years; once I got to a real base, I didn't end up spending time with other people until close to when I got out.

Right now I have two to four people that I hang out with, though recently it's mostly just been the two, and primarily just one. I'm pretty sure my social life needs work.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:24 am
GoldDiggingWhore
I'm not sure if I've ever REALLY had a social life. I think I had one at different points in time while I was in the military, but that was an organization which more or less forces you to socialize with people frequently. Though I guess it's worth noting that most of said social life happened while I was still in training for three and a half years; once I got to a real base, I didn't end up spending time with other people until close to when I got out.

Right now I have two to four people that I hang out with, though recently it's mostly just been the two, and primarily just one. I'm pretty sure my social life needs work.
Four is a pretty good number. I always think it's better to have even one really great friend than a dozen lukewarm ones.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces