Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 pm
Nodding politely to the girl, she turned back to Luke, her head still low. "In any case, what you did was very brave, and I'm so, so incredibly sorry..."

She tucked her hair back again, then shifted her hold on Lovey. "I should have been paying attention, especially since I really don't know this region so well, let alone the towns and no-zones. Lovey just got excited and I couldn't just let her get away from me." She smiled sheepishly. "...I haven't quite gotten the hang of sending her back to her pokeball either..." she admitted, setting her chin atop the eevee's head.

She quieted a moment, her eyes flicking to the heart monitor. "How are you feeling...?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm
Well, that was short-lived. Not that he could complain, since he sort of doubted he would have been able to keep up if the conversation took a turn towards things like fashion or whatever else went along with modeling. Now he was being addressed once more, though the words comprising that address made him somehow uneasy. They felt like praises undeserved; what good was bravery without consideration for the consequences? "It wasn't really…" A big deal? Given that he had been readmitted as a result of his actions, it might have been a bit of a big deal. He dropped the thought. "What's important now is that you aren't hurt." Or at least, he assumed she wasn't hurt. She was standing there okay and had walked in on her own power, so it was a viable conclusion.

"Um…" 'Fine' was probably not an acceptable answer, he realized just before blurting the response. "I've been worse." He was happy not to be disoriented from medication, but the resulting soreness was something he could have gladly lived without.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 pm
"I'll be fine, thanks to you two..." she offered, glancing quickly at the girl opposite of her.

Dove paused again, watching the machines to his side flicker as they kept up with his vitals. He was at least able to talk to her, and appeared to be stable, though she wasn't entirely sure how well off he was. "Worse...?"

Watching and listening to the exchange from her trainer's arms, Lovey squirmed, suddenly, and pushed herself from the girl's grasp, landing lightly on all fours on the bed at the boy's feet and making her way up to his side to affectionately nudge his hand with her head. Dove stepped closer, ready to reach out and snatch her companion back up. "I'm so sorry! Lovey, where are your manners?"

The eevee turned and cocked her head to the side as if to silently scold Dove in return. She did have manners, and it was only polite to thank the boy who had saved him, afterall!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:30 pm
He hesitated at her evident curiosity; his pride dulled his willingness to speak easily of the matters that plagued his body. "I haven't been in great health lately," he answered vaguely. It was hard to avoid being treated as something fragile while bound to a bed in a hospital for monitoring, but he could at least try to avoid the impression carrying into the future - for what it was worth.

The Eevee's sudden presence was unexpected but not unwanted, and he raised his hand to pat the creature's head, assuring Dove, "It's okay, I don't mind." Perhaps that wasn't entirely true, though. Memories of his childhood, of being comforted during illness by the warmth of his own Eevee, were lost to him, but he had knowledge of the stories told to him by his father, and he had the bitter nostalgia that flooded him. It had been ages since he had seen Mieu, and though he liked to think that it had been to his expectation to never see the Flareon again, there was no resisting the caustic remorse that seeped into his previously gentle expression, that curled his fingers around white sheets.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 pm
The brunette had remained silent while the girl spoke to Luke, mostly trying to recall what region, exactly, said girl was from - and she wasn't about to ask. She would much rather feign her knowledge rather than admit her ignorance, and did so whenever she could get away with it. Sera was hardly paying attention when the girl expressed her thanks, but her sudden reprimand of her pokemon pulled the teen's attention back to present matters. She noted Luke refrain from mentioning his heart surgery, so if he wasn't going to bring it up she wouldn't either. That was hardly a persistent though, however, because her pale green eyes were drawn to the normal-type on the bed.

The affectionate little Eevee reminded her of memories in the same vein as Luke's, although she could remember hers - Anastasia as a young, playful little Eevee, affectionate and always insisting on sleeping in Sera's bed with her. A pang of regret and sadness swept over her at the thought of her poor Umbreon in the hands of some terrible Rocket, at the thought she may never see her precious pokemon again. Instead of continuing on this line of thought, she tore her gaze away and looked at the floor near the other end of the room, her lips pursed into a thin, displeased line.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm
Noticing the quickly declining atmosphere of the room, Dove scooped the eevee from the bed carefully and tucked her back into her arms. The tension made her feel even more awkward to be standing in the room without much to say and very little understanding of what was happening. She had to do something to pay them back--both of them.

"So... She stopped and bit her lip, her eyes drawn to the boys hold on the bedsheets. Lovey butted her head against her chin again, then burrowed down in her chest, hoping her trainer wasn't angry with her. She had only wanted to help...

Hesitating a moment, the model glanced to Sera again. "Are your pokemon okay, then? she asked. "I mean... I can only assume they're yours...though you have a flying type, right...Luke?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:50 pm
Luke wasn't really sure what to say when Dove reached to retrieve the Eevee; he didn't want her to think it was bothering him or anything, but… Well, the little creature was already back in her arms, so it wasn't as though she really introduced the opportunity for him to argue against it. He felt kind of bad for unintentionally rebuffing the pokemon's goodwill, though.

"Yeah, a Pidgeot," he said quietly. "She's okay." At least, the nurse who had apparently been placed in charge of his possessions and thus his pokemon had assured him of as much. He remembered working with Seraphine's Zoroark underwater and listened to his friend's response for news of it and the Metang. Hopefully neither of them had suffered any injury due to his lack of forethought.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 pm
"Hmm?" Oh, her Pokemon. She paused briefly to listen to Luke's words, though wondered how he would know the well being of his... Someone told him probably. "Mine are fine," the brunette said with a small shrug. "My Metang didn't even go underwater anyway. My Zoroark did but he has a lot of fur. He'll be really smelly later and in desperate need of a bath, but he'll be fine." Honestly it didn't even occur to her that he might not be fine after being in such cold waters, but fortunately regardless of that he was indeed fine.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:06 pm
A metang and a zorark... She tucked her hair back again. "I'm gla they're alright, and I still cannot thank you enough..." she murmured, glancing to her own hip for her bag. "My only other Pokemon I've got with me is my typhlosion, Sparky, and well... Lovey was..."

She grimaced then, realizing again just how desperate a situation she and the eevee had found themselves in. If Sera and Luke hasn't helped them...

She held the tiny Pokemon more securely to her chest. She still couldn't imagine...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm
Lovey the Eevee and Sparky the Typhlosion.... What was this girl thinking? Seriously? She could understand something lame like Ember or Ash or Flame for a fire type, or Sparky for an electric type, but... seriously? Maybe she just had a dumb manager or something.. That must be it. She was about to reply when a nurse suddenly walked into the room.

"Alright, visiting hours are over dears, everybody out! He needs his rest," she said as she shuffled over to check the machines briefly. She had quite the air of 'I just told you to do something and I know you are going to do it right now because there's no way you'd dare not to' about her tone and how she moved.

Sera didn't like it, but she rose regardless. Not without a frown, of course. "Kay... Guess I'll see you later Luke," the brunette offered as she raised one hand in an uncertain wave.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 pm
Dopve watched the nurse as she checked the machines, then reached into her pocket, withdrawing a slip of paper. After a moment's more hesitation-- more her want to stay in the room and not leave-- she offered the slip to Luke, with a serious look and a soft nod. "If you need anything at all, even if it's just company, just let me know..." Surely this wouldn't be the last time she would see him... He had saved her life--with some help. It couldn't just be that simple...

With that she crossed to the door, glancing over her shoulder once more before the nurse could urge her out again. "And thank you again, Luke..."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:11 pm
Luke frowned slightly at the nurse's sudden entrance and uncompromising emptying of the room. Maybe he didn't feel like resting because someone didn't think narcotic painkillers were necessary. He summoned a smile for Seraphine, though, as she bade her farewells, "Yeah, later. Hopefully not in this dumb hospital again." He understood that the risk of infection needed to be monitored, but certainly a single overnight period was more than enough time for that.

He accepted the paper with a mild confusion, moving gingerly so he could view its contents. As he gained an understanding, though, he fought an increasing sense of guilt over having evidently inspired so much guilt in this girl whom he had only just met. "Thanks," he said, wearing an expression of sincerity. "You should get some rest too."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out