Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm
Luke - Lucien - stood quietly beside his father; despite his building worries, he understood too well the importance of this meeting between mother and son. It was the first in many long years, and possibly the last for an eternity. He bit his lip uncomfortably at the thought.

Her pale lips parted slightly as she smiled, light filling her eyes. "You've grown up," she said. "I'm so glad… I was always so afraid that we would never see you again. But you're here. You're alive. My son." She reached her hand out to his, her expression wishing to rise so she could properly face him, embrace him, witness the child she thought was forever lost. "My son…"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 pm
As she reached towards him, Luke took his mother's hand. A ghost of a smile gracing his lips when she spoke to him. In actuality, he hadn't ever been sure he would see her again either. He had wanted to, but well... things were complicated. This wasn't how he wished to reunite with his parents, but it was better than nothing. Being present for her final moments was the least he could do for his mother.

"Yes mother, I'm here." Not exactly creative with his words. Asch didn't know what else to say, but felt he should probably say more than that. "I've... missed you."

Crimson then placed a hand on the shoulder of his other son, motioning for him to go to the other side of the bed. Despite the fact that Luke had been gone so long, he deserved time with his mother as well.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm
"I've missed you as well," she said, squeezing his hand lightly. "So, so much."

Lucien looked briefly to his father at the man's signal then gave a curt nod in response, moving to join his mother's bedside. He was at a loss for words, though; what was one supposed to say under such circumstances? Reassurances, which first came to mind, would be nothing but empty and hurtful. His mother, who noticed the movement at her other side, preempted the younger son's need to speak, similarly requesting his hand and receiving it without complaint, "For both of you to be here now… The last time was when you were only just born." She closed her eyes in quiet bliss. "Maybe I've already died and this is actually heaven."

The words, though said in jest, were sharp and stinging, and his entire disposition drew taut in response. "Mother…"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 pm
Luke smiled a little more, finding comfort in those words and the fact that despite it all, she had still thought about him. Not that he'd ever doubted it, but... it was nice to hear it from her. He had never really been forgotten, after all. He could finally believe that.

Gently squeezing his mother's hand in return, Luke looked up as his twin joined them. It made him happy to see their mother happy. Even though her words did sting a bit. He wasn't ready for this. Wasn't ready to lose her. But when could anyone ever be ready to lose someone they love?

"We will stay here. As long as you wish."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:04 pm
Her eyes remained closed and her features calm, her fingers light on her sons' hands. "Lucien," she said, "you mustn't let your health decline, all right? Always stay well. I'm sorry you had to have a mother with such a weak heart."

The addressed shook his head, speaking in spite of his swaying emotions, "I'll be fine, don't worry. I would never have asked for any other mother."

A pleased hum, then, "Luke, let your life be filled nothing but happiness. The precautions we took for the sake of the house's name and reputation were cruel; I just can't regret them enough. I hope that you and your brother will be able to get along even though we denied you the proper opportunity to grow up together as siblings." Her voice faded into weakness. "I hope you both will always remember how much your parents love you… how much I love you… how proud I am…"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 pm
Luke's eyes flicked back towards Lucien again when their mother spoke to him. Thoughtful as he listened to what she had to say to his brother.

However, as he was spoken to, his attention went back to his mother. He nodded once, even though she couldn't see. "I promise. I will never forget." Upon hearing that she was proud of them, his vision blurred slightly, his eyes becoming misty.

With Suzanne's voice weakening, Lord Fabre suddenly became more alert. His lips parted slightly as he watched his wife closely.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 pm
Her words were breath now, her smile ever softening, "Thank you, my precious family." The pale, slender fingers in either brother's hand loosened in their swiftly waning strength, the subtle rise and fall of her chest slowing to a permanent repose. Lucien stood stiffly, wordlessly, his unoccupied hand firmly grasping the hem of his jacket and his jaw clenched, stubbornly refusing tears despite blurring eyes.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm
Luke kept his eyes on her until the very last moment. As his mother's hand went slack, his grip tightened, not wanting to let go. As if willing her to stay, but knowing it wouldn't do any good.

When her breathing ceased, he looked away, eyes shut and teeth clenched in an anguished expression. He too fighting back the tears that threatened to come. It wasn't fair. They had barely any time with her. He could only hope that she was at peace now.

Watching his wife pass on, Lord Fabre closed his eyes and dipped his head in silent mourning for a few moments. Unable to find any words of comfort for his sons. Eventually, he stepped out and murmured some words to the closest maid. Biding her to make the necessary calls and arrangements for the inevitable funeral.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 pm
They had hardly been there for any time at all, as though their mother had only been awaiting their arrival. The boy she had called Lucien, his confidence in his strength failing, lowered himself to kneel at the side of the woman who still appeared for all the world alive save for her eerie stillness. His first thoughts were of guilt: that he should have remained in the country after his previous return and saved her the trouble of worrying, that he should have sooner endeavored to bring his brother to their home so that they could have had more time to talk, that he somehow should have known from thousands of miles away that she needed to be convinced to take the state of her health more seriously. He knew well what death entailed - unnaturally well, given that he still bore the weight of having taken life himself - but somehow still he felt that there had to be some way to reverse it. It just wasn't right, after all. He had lived, so why hadn't she? The bereft noble stared unseeingly as every thought seemed to occur all at once.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 pm
And that's just what it had been, the one called Luke surmised. She had been waiting just for them. Thus when they came, she had slipped out of this world forever. Feeling the warmth leaving from her hand, he paid little attention to his brother as he laid his mother's arm down. His own feelings of guilt plaguing him. He should have been here sooner, before it had come to this. But no, he had been too scared. He mentally cursed his own weakness.

Rising to his feet, Asch leaned over and kissed his mother's forehead one final time before walking a few paces away. Keeping his back to her and his brother, fists clenched at his side. It was over. She was gone. Not wanting his twin to see him struggling with his own emotions, he just stood there. Promising to himself that he would do his best to fulfill his mother's final wishes. Somehow.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 pm
Luke looked towards his brother as Asch moved, turning away as though he would leave. For some reason the younger twin felt suddenly distressed by this concept, and though the other boy stood stationary in the room, he still spoke, "You'll stay, right?" The weakness in his own voice startled him. "There'll be a… a funeral. Probably soon. Are you going to stay?"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:46 pm
Lost in his own thoughts, Asch was startled at the sound of his brother's voice. He turned just enough to look back at Luke, uncertainty and grief reflecting in his green eyes. He then looked away, casting his gaze to the floor. "Yeah. I'll stay."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 pm
He exhaled a silent breath he wasn't aware he was holding and murmured an "okay" in response. There was somehow comfort in that, enough for him to sustain himself temporarily anyway. Vaguely he understood that the coming days would be very tiring.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff