Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Wow, the Sherlock event was insane.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Every heard of apiculture?
  Yes
  No, like most of the people who were involved.
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:43 pm
I'm really glad I was only involved for a few hours, the people who were working on it for like 14 hours straight must be exhausted now. So intense, and so many people were being jerks.
Still, was really rewarding in the end.
Well played, reapersun.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm
huh?  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
huh?
One of the admins/mods/something like that announced that with the release of the deerstalker hats in hr wesley, there was a code you could find and you had to solve it to enter it into the grant key to get a Sherlock-themed item.
Turns out that her hints were way too vague and people spent hours and hours going around in circles before one final hint pushed it over the edge and people figured out the grant key.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm
Yeah when that first message came out (when it implied you needed a hat, but you couldnt even buy them since they have a buy price of 0 gold) I got a hat and started working on it. But after a hour I gave up and decided to just keep a eye on a certain thread knowing those guys in the GCD would get it.

Multiple poses, not bad for a freebie.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 am
Sagebomb
Yeah when that first message came out (when it implied you needed a hat, but you couldnt even buy them since they have a buy price of 0 gold) I got a hat and started working on it. But after a hour I gave up and decided to just keep a eye on a certain thread knowing those guys in the GCD would get it.

Multiple poses, not bad for a freebie.
By the time I got online the hats had a price of 2213g and the threads were already stalled at the The Origin of Tree Worship phase of clue-solving. I kept an eye on things and tried to calm people down a little, encouraging them to stay focused and not feed the trolls.
It is a pretty good item.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 am
ShadowedMoonlight
By the time I got online the hats had a price of 2213g and the threads were already stalled at the The Origin of Tree Worship phase of clue-solving. I kept an eye on things and tried to calm people down a little, encouraging them to stay focused and not feed the trolls.

Fair enough, for about the first 15 mins they didnt have prices, and when I stopped trying we werent remotly close to the origin yet.

And trolls will always be trolling, you just ignore them....or troll them back with intelligence.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 am
Sagebomb
ShadowedMoonlight

Fair enough, for about the first 15 mins they didnt have prices, and when I stopped trying we werent remotly close to the origin yet.

And trolls will always be trolling, you just ignore them....or troll them back with intelligence.
Seriously though, I have no idea how reapersun thought it would be simple to solve. *shakes head*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am
ShadowedMoonlight
Seriously though, I have no idea how reapersun thought it would be simple to solve. *shakes head*

Because the last one which wasnt that different was solved in like 5 mins?

GCDers these days...not as smart as they used to be...  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 am
Sagebomb
ShadowedMoonlight

It required so much prior knowledge, and so many people overthought it, and everybody who suggested it might be a book cipher kept getting told that there was no way you'd need resources outside of gaia for it right up until the end.
Seriously though, you needed to find 22 items that were somehow Sherlock related, some as unconnected as a random cane, gather those clues, scramble the letters into The Origin of Tree Worship and not any of the other anagrams it could be, figure out that that was an imaginary book mentioned in The Adventure of The Empty House, figure out that the numbers meant paragraph:letter and not line or page and that punctuation counted as letters but spaces didn't and then you needed to go through 16 of those number ratios to find the right letters in the book and then you needed to scamble those letters into "Iheartapiculture".
That is not simple or easy, especially for people who don't know much about the multiple versions of Sherlock Holmes the references were pulled from.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 am
ShadowedMoonlight
Sagebomb
ShadowedMoonlight

It required so much prior knowledge, and so many people overthought it, and everybody who suggested it might be a book cipher kept getting told that there was no way you'd need resources outside of gaia for it right up until the end.
Seriously though, you needed to find 22 items that were somehow Sherlock related, some as unconnected as a random cane, gather those clues, scramble the letters into The Origin of Tree Worship and not any of the other anagrams it could be, figure out that that was an imaginary book mentioned in The Adventure of The Empty House, figure out that the numbers meant paragraph:letter and not line or page and that punctuation counted as letters but spaces didn't and then you needed to go through 16 of those number ratios to find the right letters in the book and then you needed to scamble those letters into "Iheartapiculture".
That is not simple or easy, especially for people who don't know much about the multiple versions of Sherlock Holmes the references were pulled from.

The items were easy, it was just what reapersun was wearing earlier. (Of course they changed clothes before the "event" started

It was only really the cypher that threw people off, everyone expected it to be BBC holmes based because well, reapersun is obsessed with him (Were you around for the stuff he did around the olympics when he first made and wore that doll that everyone wanted and couldnt get?)

Things arent meanth to be easy for most people...just the mad obsessed people of the GCD, which is why usually I leave things to them in these situations.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 pm
This sounds entirely too complicated. Congrats on the stuff though.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games