Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 am
Quote:
Hideo Kojima has described PS4 as a logical evolution of the PlayStation platform and welcomed its social aspects, but stressed the importance of quality software for the next-gen console.

Speaking to us after the launch of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Kojima said that he was too busy to actually watch Sony’s PlayStation Meeting, but when we described it to him, he responded: “Of course, I know what the hardware is, but I want to see how other companies are using it. First of all, I think that’s great, but it’s nothing special; you could see it coming. It’s the logical evolution of the platform and I think it has to head in that direction, hearing what you said is not surprising.”

“Honestly, I think all of that is good and great,” he continued. “Social aspects, the multidevice direction: that’s correct, that’s the way to go. But just because it has these features doesn’t mean it’s going to be a success. What will really determine whether or not it sells is what titles will be available for the platform. And unfortunately, even though I am friends with Mark Cerny, he’s never told me what other studios are working on. I even ate a meal with him recently and he didn’t tell me anything.”

You can read the full interview in the next issue of Edge magazine, on sale March 14th

Source

Mmmm, well Hideo doesn't sound too impressed with what the PS4 can do currently. But he has a fair point, the hardware may be good, but without the software, it has nothing. Though I'm not too worried yet since Sony seems to do well to having dedicated IP's.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 am
It only makes sense. Whenever I chat with people about current games, it's always talk about the games themselves, rarely the consoles. I know I never consider buying a new system unless a game I'm really interested in comes out on it. Especially if that game is for one system and one system only (which is why I end up with a lot of Nintendo consoles).  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Gaming News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces