Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Cooking, Baking & Nomming
Oreo Truffles Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oreo
  Truffles
  Cookies
  Cakesters
  Straws
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:53 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
ShadowedMoonlight
Looks like a good recipe. :3

Are you gonna try it~? 3nodding
I can't eat Oreos, they aren't vegetarian. I might try it if I can find a similar cream-filled biscuit that I can eat and like.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
I can't eat Oreos, they aren't vegetarian. I might try it if I can find a similar cream-filled biscuit that I can eat and like.

Apparently American Oreos are kinda vegan, which I just learned was a thing. I have no idea why they don't have whey powder in them here and in Canada...but yeah, there's always that. Alternately, if you don't want to try to import Oreos from the US, you could try making these.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
ShadowedMoonlight

Apparently American Oreos are kinda vegan, which I just learned was a thing. I have no idea why they don't have whey powder in them here and in Canada...but yeah, there's always that. Alternately, if you don't want to try to import Oreos from the US, you could try making these.
I'm actually not sure what they're like in Australia at the moment, the seem to fluctuate between the various recipes from the rest of the world. I should double-check next time I'm in the store... the UK ones have gelatin, I think, which is the problem, but I'm not sure if we're getting those or the ones without it at the moment.
I actually have a good recipe for vegetarian imitation oreos but with my current kitchen set up making cookies is kind of a pain. If I were to go with a super-simple recipe like this I wouldn't want to spend all that time baking just to cruch up the biscuits. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:06 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED

1 package Oreos (any variety should work)
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese
1 bag of chocolate chips (two might be better)

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO

1) Take two and a half rows of the Oreos package (happened to be about 30 cookies) and place them in a gallon ziplock bag. CRUSH THE LIFE OUT OF THEM UNTIL THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CRUMBS.

2) Take your softened creme cheese (I generally just leave it out for four hours to make sure it's not a cold rock anymore) and mix it together with your crumbs until you have a cookie colored dough.

3) Roll the dough into bite-sized balls (a bit less than an inch) and put them in the freezer for an hour to harden them up.

4) Melt your chocolate and coat the balls. Place them on a cookie sheet and slap them back in the freezer for another ten minutes or so. Not sure if they need to be refrigerated after that, but I did.

First time I made these, they were an instant hit with everyone who tried them. I used normal Oreos and dark chocolate chips, but next time I think I'll use peanut butter Oreos since those are amazing.

thanks for the advice ... sounds tasty!  

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

StarPrincess1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am
This sounds really good. Thanks for posting this, I'll have to try it and part of my Christmas baking this year.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 pm
Diabeetus  

Brilford Wimley

Interesting Noob

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 am
Brilford Wimley
Diabeetus

Only if you eat them all at the same time 3nodding  
Cooking, Baking & Nomming