{PRP}Gloomy Night{Jeremy x Adrasteia}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:19 pm
Gwennythe

Coming to this area had been more than prosperous for her. It had been worthwhile to visit the edge of the desert. Adrasteia glanced at the two newest pokemon standing around her campfire. A rapidash and charmander. The former standing dignified, while the later poked his nose into bushes. She smiled, pleased to have them. Athemia was predictably being standoffish with them all.

Adra had decided to camp in the fading town of Ambergris. Her campfire was welcoming as she heard ghosts calling out in the darkness. Of course her pokemon would protect her. It might even be fun to battle with some of them. See how hers handled up to them, and how the two newest ones battled. But that would be for a bit later. Now she was making her dinner and dishing out pokemon food.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm
Joining the calls of the ghosts, soon, cutting through the night, were the sounds of a Leafeon, a Jolteon and a rather frustrated man.
Faint, at first, they seemed to grow closer to Adra's campsite, though without indication that they had an intention to travel that way; the sounds seemed rather preoccupied with the accompanying sound of a haunter. A battle, of sorts, was happening, though it would have appeared, perhaps, from what could be heard, to be a rather one-sided affair.

"Ghoul! You unhand that immediately! Aah! You unhand /me/ immediately! Dupin, Thundershock the blasted thing! Try again!" The owner of the voice was clearly not happy, though they and the pokémon, for the moment, were just out of range, naught but shadows, beyond the firelight. "Lestrade! Try and get it with Razor Leaf! And for Arceus' sake, try not to hit /me/! Aah! Be /careful/, Dupin!"
All accompanied by some ghostly laughter, as Leafeon and Jolteon cries punctuated flashes of electricity.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 pm
Gwennythe

The girl looks up from her fire at the sounds of battle. So much for a peaceful night. She can't help but snicker softly as the battle doesn't sound to be going in his favor. "Shall we help?" She asks the pokemon. A glaceon hurrs at her as the rapidash stamps his hoof. "Perhaps we should ask first. It's not our fight." She sounds amused as she stands up and moves away from her fire and toward the sounds a little.

"Excuse me sir. Are you alright?" She tilts her head waiting for a response.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm
What was that? Jeremy tilted his head, an action that was, as the flash of a Thundershock might have indicated, somewhat awkward, with the scraggly man being held by a large, hat-wearing, Haunter, upside down, by his left leg.
"Who's that?! Does it bloody well sound like I'm alright?! Oh, yes... OW, DUPIN BE MORE CAREFUL! Oh, yes! I'm absolutely fine! Always wanted to be manhandled and flung around by some hat-thieving ghoul!" It was a rather indignant reply from a man in a rather undignified position.
His pokémon, the two eeveelutions, were clearly doing their best to free their master, and, to a lesser extent, his hat, but the ghost seemed to be rather wily and experienced in dodging their attacks.
The Haunter seemed to be enjoying itself immensely.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 pm
Gwennythe

She shouldn't laugh. She shouldn't laugh. Adra choked down her giggle as the handy thundershock lit the place up for a moment. "One never knows and it doesn't hurt to ask." The girl pointed to two of her pokemon, "Soseko, Cinaed lets go. Athemia watch the camp." The charmander could just take care of himself for awhile.

With the light from Cinaed she made her way over to the chaos that was trainer and pokemon. She eyed the haunter. Maybe some day she'd get one of them too. "Seems to have taken a shine to you actually." Her glaceon nodded vigorously, her bell jingling.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 am
"Argh!" Jeremy tried to swipe at the ghost, as his pokémon continued their attempt to free him, as Adra approached. The endeavour was just as successful as all they'd tried before; that is, completely and utterly a failure and Jeremy found himself, coat dragging the ground, spinning as well as dangling as the Haunter turned it's back upon his pokémon to take a glance at the newcomers.

"'Taken a shine to me'?!" Jeremy complained, loudly, pointing up at his captor. "This foul thing stole my hat and then, when we attempted to retrieve it, the wretched thing decided to steal me!"

Dupin took the chance of a turned back to throw another Thundershock at the ghost type; it did hit this time, at least, but only succeeded in getting the Haunter to spin back around, flailing Jeremy out like some strange fairground ride, as the hat- the source of the trouble in a way- blew from the ghost's head to land at Adra's feet.
"Aaaah! Just get this beast to release me!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:03 am
Gwennythe

Perhaps she wouldn't find it quite so amusing if the haunter had decided to come after her instead, but she rather thought the playful attitude enjoyable. Adra grinned as the haunter spun to look at them and the unlucky man spun too. She blinked her as the flash blinded her a moment. When her eyes cleared, the hat that was the source of all this lay at her feet. She picked it up.

"Did you ask it to let you go? 'Sides is this really important to you? If not you could just let it have it." She wondered if the haunter would care about it anymore if the guy would have just let it have it. The girl tilted her head and shruged. "Alright, but remember you said that." She took a more aggressive stance.

"Soseko! Use Icy Wind. Cinaed trap it with Fire Spin."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:14 am
"Of course it is! It's my hat! Why would I let this thing take my hat?! I've asked it plenty enough times now!" There was a pause as he took in what Adra had just ordered her pokémon to do.
"Wait.. Fire What?!"

Lestrade gave a tilt of his head; technically that... wasn't exactly true- Jeremy had yelled and demanded to be put down, and to have his hat returned, quite a lot, but no actual 'asking' had been done of the ghost type.
Orders were orders, though, and he sent another Razor Leaf toward the Haunter's face, pleased that, this time, it at least seemed to be noticed if nothing else.

Soon the ghost type was preoccupied by the ice and fire attacks sent it's way by the young trainer's pokémon.
Jeremy threw his arms over his head (or would that be 'under' given the circumstances?) as the Fire Spin trapped the ghostly pokémon, immediately after shivering at the closeness of Icy Wind.

Adra's plan proved to be a good one, though, as, with assistance from one more Thundershock from Dupin, the Haunter threw it's own hands up to protect itself from the elements besieging it on all sides, dropping the somewhat motion-sick man to the sands.

Realising it wasn't likely to win, the haunter started to fade, its intention to rush, invisible, past its assailants and escape back into Ambergris.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm
Gwennythe
Sorry for the delay!

She shook her head with a knowing look. "Well I didn't hear any asking." Her pokemon worked well with each other and the other man's pokemon. Adra watched the haunter closely, for resumed signs of resistance. They were in luck and it seemed it had had enough.

The girl signaled her pokemon to let it pass as a final thundershock sent it fading out. Hat in hand she walked up to the poor fellow with her pokemon at her heels. She offered her hand to help him to his feet and his hat in the other.

Adea observed him for a moment before looking around, then looking back at him. "So you got anywhere to stay?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:49 pm
magnadearel
No worries, hope your mother's doing well. ^.^

"Well, forgive this observation, but you have only just gotten here and therefore arrived at a time where politely asking that beast had become somewhat a ludicrously optimistic tactic." Jeremy pulled himself into a sitting position, dusting himself off, as Lestrade and Dupin trotted over to him, looking him over and sniffing about as worried pokémon might. A glimpse at a 'soft side' was available for just a moment as, in return, Jeremy offered a gentle ruffle between the ears to each of them, mouth turning up for a nanosecond with a murmured 'hrm' as he, in turn, very quickly looked them over.
His attention was quickly returned to Adrasteia, looking, a little down his nose, at the offered hand.
There was an awkward pause, a slight frown, and then Jeremy extended his own hand, accepting the help off of the ground that she offered.
No 'thank you' passed his lips as yet.
"Ambergris is a place of abandoned buildings," He replied as he dusted himself off yet again "I had rather intended to appropriate one as a temporary base for the night, though I suppose, given the frequency at which such places find themselves infested, and the recent assault on my person and property, that my plans have need of change."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 pm
Gwennythe
She's doing quite well. ^_^ Thanks.

She ignored his sarcastic comment, determined not to let him get her rilled up this night. Adra watched him greet his worried pokemon then helped him to his feet when he finally took her hand. The teen handed the hat back to him quickly. A step back and she looked him up and down.

"Well don't let us stop you from going there." Her lips twitched in a smirk as she imagined him being harrassed all night by ghosts. "C'mon guys, lets get back. Don't know about you but I'm hungry." Adra spoke to her two pokemon and turned to walk away. The rapidash looked back at Jeremy, looking down his nose at him before sneezing wetly. Insult given the pokemon turned and trotted after his trainer.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 pm
The man took back his hat and finally a "Thank you", if slightly petulant still, could be heard.

"Well what of you?" Jeremy called after her. "I take it you have a place that you're calling a camp given you just mentioned 'getting back' to it?" The Rapidash turning to sneeze at him gave the man pause of stepping any further after her, and then caused him to flinch a little in disgust. Her mention of food, too, though, had given him a pang in his stomach; he'd forgotten to eat. He did have provisions though! Ah. No he didn't. He frowned at his empty pockets.
"Filthy beasts..." The dusty man muttered to himself, then looked back to Adra retreating.

"You know, when two nomads meet upon the sands, it is customary that one should offer the other the hospitality of food and shelter..!" He called, perhaps a little hopefully.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:04 am
Gwennythe
Sorry I forgot! DX We can call this done if you like.

She glanced over her shoulder. "Except we're not "upon the sands" as you put it. We're in Ambergris. Still. I did ask if you had anywhere...." Adra mused to herself a moment then shrugged. "It's all the same to me. You can come sleep by my campfire if it'll make you feel safer from the ghosts." However she wasn't going to share her tent with him.

The teen headed back and set out extra pokemon food and a place for him. She'd have to restock soon, which meant heading into town. That would be her goal in the morning.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games