Reply Social Room
GET YOUR ARMOR READY, THE HUNT IS ON Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:14 am
just took on brachydios in the tavern with some friends for the first time, i was never happier to have maintained my skill with a hammer. failed our first try, second try went better as we learned how he fought. learned his weanesses and found good weapons to exploit him. runs 3 and 4 were near flawless we ripped the s**t out of him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:10 am
Trenn and i hunted a bit. i hope we get moar peeps to party with.  

Xilo The Odd

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:57 pm
i beat mark of the hero today.

and i didn't have any G rank stuff to do it. just a well planned out high rank bow set.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 pm
found this, this is REALLY only for the technical nerds.

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/6766-athenas-charm-table-search-for-mh3g-and-mh3u/

basically it'll let you know which table your MH3U character has attached to your save file. if anything insert your best charms (usually the first one you have listed until you can determine which table had all those in it. Blue and Red chars seem to make this go faster if you got good ones, like a red one that does +6 to two things and such.

from there you can kinda see what all is possible for you. i warn you though, it turns out there are 5 tables that are jsut god awful and ruin the whole charm mechanic for some people. thats 5 out of 17 tables so chances are you on a good one with lots of choices. but teh 5 Cursed ones you hear abotu can have as low as only 200 variations while most of the others have 21600 variations.

so if your up to it.

you might get tested.  

Xilo The Odd

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 am
Getting soon for WiiU Xilo. GL/Hammarbro/s&s here, Currently in full Zinogre gemmed for Status up.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 pm
neat, lemme know your wiiu name when you get on and we should easily be able to find eachother online.

mine will be XiloTheOdd  

Xilo The Odd

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 pm
Xilo The Odd
probably gonna be offrhythm  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm
sigh wish i could get more people online that aren't from around the rest of the world.  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:43 pm
This is going to be very interesting!

Get a close look at it.

I dunno, did we know about this already? I didn't know about this. Excite? Excite.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 pm
from what i heard on recent announcments Worldwide wasn't confirmed. might jsut be a goal or idea at this point under consideration.

but im kind of taken a very pessimistic view on this due to a few things.

1. as far as we can tell, china will be getting it first based on recent announcements. not cool those guys already got frontier.

2. free to play. this can either be ok or really really bad pending on how they wanna do it.

Pro side: we could see a MH game everyone can play that has a decent enough system to run it. which most peeps i know do. and since it'll cost nothing people can actually try a full on MH game.

Con/Fear side: mixing them together cause theya re somewhat related.

most MMO's i've been a big part of that went f2p in any amount usually screwed it all up. DDO being one of em. pending on what kind of model they choose it could be absolutely ruined by a cash shop. what if the meals are sold with cash instead of ingame money? (doubt it but thats like the worse thing i can think of.)

F2P can kill a community or doom one from the start. i'll be honest after awhile even tri's community wore thin, elitists, hackers (which prolly wont be there) and then of course you will have your trolls. and since no one has to pay to play, being banned isn't hardly a problem they can jsut get a new account on a new e-mail in most cases and continue trolling.

gold selling. this i know from Tera alone, when tera was subs only, i'd see maybe one gold seller in the main big city. you cant help but hear it in the local chat now. sometimes in other cities. this kinda ruins it for me cause like trolls, you cant just ban em. they will grow back.

on the whole im worried more than anything, worried it'll suck, worried the f2p model they choose will end up costing more than just buying an MH game, Frontier only seemed to work cause it was a subscription system, the only reason it didn't work is no world release and out of country players if discovered were banned.

and thats my thought on the idea of a F2P MH MMO.  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:50 am
I'm cautious, but hopeful. I figure at this point, the west isn't denied MH games very often. Also, when you lease an engine like CryEngine 3, you probably mean business. I figure they'd want a worldwide release to recoup as much money as possible. That engine ain't cheap.

F2P could be very bad, but we have no idea what it means. They could simply mean it'll be free of subscription and operate just like MH3U. If so, then a cash shop could be completely noninvasive. Things like allowing you to use real money for items and equipment instead of zeny (would make gold sellers obsolete), or speed up the cooldown on your farm and whatnot. If it is completely F2P, a cash shop would almost have to ruin the game. I imagine things like completely gimping your storage space UNLESS you pay real money to expand it. Or even worse, an energy system like a lot of freemium games where when you finish a hunt, you have to wait a half an hour to hunt again... unless you PAY.

I'm cautious, but hopeful. And excite.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:45 pm
yeah i forgot about the stamina system some games use, if anything make it like Pro free to play games like Gw2, that one doesn't have a bad model you buy the game and gain access to just about anything you'd need right off the bat all the way to end game.  

Xilo The Odd

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:38 pm
go i love my G rank armor set i made,

Volvidion X head, chest and legs (legs will be ura when i can make em)

Artian X Arms, with a Vangis Belt.

when all gemming and charms are said an done and with the weapon i like to use with it, i got the fully upgraded vulcanis GS, and in total i have Awaken (which makes my weapon slime) evade +2, biology master (no poop, slime blight and my dung bombs always work.) focus and tremor res.

so far i've used it to go all the way to HR 7.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:27 pm
let it go on record. i solo'd the village alatreon in high rank gunner armor with the G rank ancient shard LBG.

Diablo U set, rigged for reload speed +2 and Recoil +2 and earplugs (though it did little good) with the God's archapeligo Light bowgun with silencer (this made recoil minimum and reload fastest in total). went in with mats for the maximum amount of clust shot, fire shot, and used 17 mega poitons. did it in about 35-40 minutes. broke all but the tail, and one horn. used all ballista shot i could.

and i dont plan to solo him that way again. it was hard.  

Xilo The Odd

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:10 pm
WiiU get. Username Offrhythm. Playing round 1am. -6gmt  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items