Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Simplified or Traditional? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
Simplified Chinese
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Traditional Chinese
52%
 52%  [ 25 ]
Both
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Neither
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 48

Teh Vampy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:19 am
wiim
Teh Vampy
Traditional pwns. <3
Okay, I like simplified, too.

I like traditional better because that's what I learnt. And I can only read simplified. >.o Can't type it out though.

I can write traditional, but I can never write simplified. They're...hard. :/ For me. I know. I'm weird. xp
Not weird. I don't know whether your case is the same as mine because I was taught and was surrounded by traditional styles all my life. I can't read or write simplified either; some of their characters look like they're from a foreign language to me.

I see. O__o;
Sometimes people type simplified chinese, but all I can see are codes and numbers though.

And yeah. Simplified Chinese looks sort of like a foreign language, too. o-o;

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:21 am
Teh Vampy
wiim
Teh Vampy
Traditional pwns. <3

I like traditional better because that's what I learnt. And I can only read simplified. >.o Can't type it out though.

I can write traditional, but I can never write simplified. They're...hard. :/ For me. I know. I'm weird. xp
Not weird. I don't know whether your case is the same as mine because I was taught and was surrounded by traditional styles all my life. I can't read or write simplified either; some of their characters look like they're from a foreign language to me.

I see. O__o;
Sometimes people type simplified chinese, but all I can see are codes and numbers though.

what about classical chinese? well that's a dead language. it's like the chinese version of latin. o.o  

yalie5

Teh Vampy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:35 am
yalie5
Teh Vampy
wiim
Teh Vampy
Traditional pwns. <3

I see. O__o;

what about classical chinese? well that's a dead language. it's like the chinese version of latin. o.o

I've never heard of it. gonk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:11 pm
Teh Vampy
yalie5
Teh Vampy
wiim
Teh Vampy
Traditional pwns. <3

I see. O__o;

My school offers courses teaching Classical Chinese and Mandarin Chinese. smile  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Teh Vampy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:33 pm
wiim
Teh Vampy
yalie5
Teh Vampy
wiim
Teh Vampy
Traditional pwns. <3

I see. O__o;

My school offers courses teaching Classical Chinese and Mandarin Chinese. smile

Mines teaches Traditional Chinese only. o-o~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:45 am
Neither one nor the other cuz I dont even know how to write Chinese!  

sasa_powa_4eva

rain_tokki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:47 pm
bubbleangela
melonsoda
I prefered the traditional Chinese, mostly because that's the one i learnt when i went to mandarin school when i was young... sweatdrop

Even though yah, it's much harder, but I believe it's a sense of culture and brings us back to the traditional roots of China. Each individual Chinese character has a story behind it, reason why that character looked that way. Simplifying them just loses that special something in the words.
sweatdrop
Totally agree with you! smile

I agree as well. Unfortunately most of my friends only know simplified chinese. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:43 am
i prefer traditional, its the one i learn and i think it loooks nicer aswell. If you know the traditional characters you pretty much know how to read simplified aswell.

Syeori

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:04 am
Simplified, definetely. But I'm still now good at Chinese. whee But I'll agree, some of those traditional characters looks much spiffier than the newer ones. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:14 pm
Simplified chinese because I understand it and I don't know traditional sweatdrop ..  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[Monchhichi]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:15 am
Hmm,,,I'd have to say traditional.I was born in Hong Kong and I 'm just use to traditional. I don't know how to write it but I know how to read some of it. I moved to Florida when I just turned 6.How was I suppose to learn anything? In kindergarden they just taught us english!!!  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff