Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Best animation program

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Corition

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:20 pm
In your opinion what is the best animation program?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:39 pm
mm... it depeneds
if you mean raster pictures animations - animation shop is nice - not saying it's the best, but used it without much problem

but there's vector graphics too - flash then, i supose...

Catani

Corition

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:30 pm
what would be the best one for a nube like me?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:57 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

AntoineDelacroix

Corition

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:24 pm
Isnt Alias Maya an expensive program.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 pm
Zintech

Yes... as is 3D studio max... but they are the real deal.. professional tools. You get what you pay for (and you better pay for it - stealing software is low, there is a special place in hell for companies and individuals that do that s**t).

When you say a *noob like me* maybe you can tell us abit more about what you are trying to do (type of animation 3d, hand drawn, vector, gif, etc. ) and the intended output (small web size, dvd? etc.) and maybe what kind of budget you've allotted, so we can offer some more accurate suggestions.  

rogue_designer

nb080

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:40 pm
Zintech

yes the new one is $995
but you should try lightwave 11, lots of great shows like harry potter and lord of the rings were made on it! and its only $300!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:35 pm
Basically I draw, A lot. And now I would like to bring my sketches to life. now where would I pick programs like these up.  

Corition

Catani

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:16 am
if you want a freeware program you can try using gimp with a plugin - haven't used it myself i just now it exists =_=;;;;

if you want trials:
animation shop go to corel
flash got to adobe
and toonboom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:11 am
THANX  

Corition

Bob_the_evil_Faerie

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:03 am
Animation shop is good one. Its really easy to figure out how to use its really easy to use and it makes editingeasy as well cause its directly linked to Paint Shop pro. Also Paintshop pro is very inexpensive. Like 80$ for a full version, 90$ for the full version in a box and shipped to your house, and half that if you already have a copy of Paintshop on your computer and just want to upgrade it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:46 pm
sweet, where can I get it  

Corition

Captain Tatsuhiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:32 pm
I like Adobe After Effects, personally. you can do editing, and even import your own videos if you know how to transfer them onto your computer. there is a lot you can do with it, especially working with layers and that kind of stuff. you can also "fake" 3d with it. I used it in college, along with Maya and 3dsMax.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games