his is the review for the sequel: Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (Mark 2). I had originally done this review in another spot so I'm just posting it here. I figured I would since I already did #3. So here's a late review xP

Before I really go too deep into details, I want to point out that Mk 2 takes place in a alternate universe where the characters are mostly the same but this version has noteworthy changes. So let's dive in what's in this game.

The Plot: The game starts you off finding out the CPU's, the gods of this gamer world are defeated by a powerful evil and the humans have to rescue them. Their attempt fail as they only save a CPU Candidate: A demi-goddess who represents a Handheld Console and is the CPU's little sister. You are Nepgear, the ultimate in sickeningly goody good and sister of Neptune. You, Compa, and IF need to travel around the world trying to convert the peoples faith from the religion of evil back to their rightful faiths. Doing this will help the CPU Candidate recruit other candidates and even rescue their sisters and begin the real battle.

Characters: We have a handful more heroes and villains in this. We have the CPU Candidates Nepgear, Rom and Ram (Nintendo DS), and Uni (PSP) as well as half a dozen more human companions to help battle the monsters, but we also have more villains to fight as well. Instead of only battling the Incarnation of Digital Piracy we have the anti-godlike beings called the CFW's who's representation varies on your interpretation. The villains have a variety about them and have 2 main henchmen who, while worthless, actually live throughout their confrontations with you.

Features: Firstly, we have a changed battle system, instead of being stationary and turn based, you are able to move your characters throughout the battlefield and do not need to rely on combo's to do special attacks because we now have a Energy system. This battle system is fairly simple and it works.

MOST importantly...the Shares system. It's fixed! The Shares system tells you what it is immediately, it tells you how you completing certain quests effect that particular nation and can be completed either by hunting and killing monsters or turning in items from the monsters. This is outstanding because this is how it should have been in the beginning. Instead of explaining it near the end of the game and making guess how the quests effect it. They have fixed the #1 issue of their previous game and it is excellent now.

In the previous game, the CPU's could immediately enter their HDD form, gaining a massive power up throughout the fight. In here, you need ot build up energy and maintain that energy or you revert to your normal form. The Candidates have this mode as well and the enemies can give you a status ailment specifically to disable it. This gives the game it's challenge back as you can't just god mode on turn 1 now.

More team mates, Yes! The party also has a partner powerup where your inactive partner for the character gives the active one a power up.

Plenty of alternate endings ranging from the best ending to the worst possible ending. Very well done in terms of story and makes replays worth it.

Character development gets stronger in this game too as we learn more about the girls we came to love~

THIS is a big one for some of you. You do not need to have played the previous one as it takes place in a alternate universe. The old one just gives you the knowledge of the characters you'll be seeing in this universe.

Now I know I've been kissing it's a** pretty good but there's still a few flaws so let's cover them.

It goes just as crazy with DLC as it did the last one. This is a game series that can make you spend LOTS of cash for stuff. Unfortunately this is also why there is virtually NO costumes for the majority of the characters, just weapons and headgear. Nepgear does get abit more gear options but nothing great.

Music, it's just like the last one, where the music is rather repetitive

While the shares has been fixed and isn't horrible, personally I still don't care for it much, but I find it tolerable and it really is easy to deal with.

Because of how excellent the game was to me, I give the sequel a 9/10. It's a great game, and any RPG fan will love this game! This was easily one of the best games of early 2012, while it did have alot of powerful competition for best game of the year. I'd say this game was deserving of the top 10.