Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:06 pm
With another nod, and a grin, Henrietta strode out into the room and looked up at the Zubats.
"Hey!" She called up at them, mercifully for the bats maybe, not quite as loud as she might outside. "Which of you wants to take on me and Gummy?!"
Said Totodile was not as quick as his trainer and came waddling on out after her as she announced him.
"I bet he can beat any of you! If you put up a good battle though, you can come and travel with us!"

She stood, in anticipation, for a moment, while nothing happened... And then one of the smaller bats seemed to flutter in place for a moment, and then made a pass, as though inspecting the humans (and Totodile).

Gummy stood impassively staring at the throng of flying pokémon above.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:10 pm
Ray stepped into the cavern after Henrietta, though she remained off to the side, watching as she sat down on a nearby ledge.
A few Zubats fluttered over to her curiously, some even outright landing on her without a second thought.
She grinned in greeting to them but gesture toward Henrietta, Gummy, and their challenger.
"This should be good."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm
As soon as the Zubat passed overhead in such a way, Henrietta's eyes were rooted to it, watching as it fluttered and turned.
"Alright! Awesome!" She grinned, seeing that it was coming back.
A challenger then.
"Gummy! Give it a Water Gun!" She called, watching as the bat pokémon angled for them, coming down to aim a Supersonic as Gummy waddled out into battle.

The Totodile delivered a random spray of a water gun, sending splashes of water from his mouth into the Zubat's path, as the confusing sounds cut through the cave toward him.

Henrietta, perhaps a little prematurely, had already pulled a pokéball out ready.
She glanced back at Ray, seeing the Zubat land with her, grinned, and then refocused on the battle; despite never catching a pokémon before, the girl looked like she was confident, if slightly impatient, about it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:32 pm
Ray's smile spread a little wider when Henrietta looked back at her, but otherwise she sat and watched the trainer get to work.

It was refreshing to see such young trainers, just barely starting out. the battle was definitely on an amateur level, but it was just one more learning experience. Ray let her get to it for now without any input, knowing the trainer could figure this out herself, it was after all what she was going to be doing for a long time.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 pm
It was pure luck rather than any planning or skill (it certainly wasn't power) that the Zubat found itself zipping into the water.
Shapes were suddenly all around; wet spheres that clung to its fur, but -worse- made it hard to 'see' the shapes it needed.
The blurry outline of the Totodile was coming up far too fast- the water had disrupted its ultrasonic waves enough to put the bat on a collision course with the water type.
It thought fast and came up with Astonish. The Zubat, then, did nothing to correct its course, sending itself, eerie shadows extending themselves beneath its wings, toward the Totodile's face.

"Gummy! Quick! Use another Water Gun!" The young trainer called, a little frantically; the two pokémon were about to collide, and this was the first time she'd ever tried to actually catch a pokémon: she worried how she was doing; did she look cool? Was it going well?

Gummy let loose with a, mercifully, slightly more powerful spray of water as the bat's attack hit him and knocked him back.
Had she known what the attack had been, Henrietta might have been relieved he didn't flinch.
Staggering back, but still unsteadily upright, Gummy's spray drenched the bat, splashing it onto the ground, where it flapped awkwardly and struggled clumsily upright.
There hadn't been too many turns, but Henrietta was, perhaps, a little rash or impatient about the process; the ball she'd bought left her hand suddenly in a blur of yellow and blue as she judged, for some reason, that this would be a good time to see if the Zubat would stay inside.

"Come ooooonnnn...." She half-muttered, half-whined, a lot less loudly than her usual volume as she watched the ball rock. She glanced back at Ray once, maybe looking for some sign of how she thought it was going again, before returning her gaze to the ball, in time to see the light go out, and a slight noise sound, confirming the catch.  
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm
Ray sat with the a mild look on her face and observant eyes, watching each attack as it was passed.
Eventually Henrietta judged when to throw the ball, The few seconds of the sphere wobbling, broken only when Henrietta pulled her attention away from it toward Ray, who stretched her smile out a little more and looked back to the ball.

And like that, the catch was confirmed!
"Congratulations!" Ray bust out, throwing her arms into the air "You now have a Zubat on your team!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:12 pm
"I do? I DO!" Henrietta seemed to have not entirely registered the fact that her pokéball had confirmed the catch until Ray burst out about the Zubat being on her team.
"Gummy! You did it! Awesome! We have a Zubat!" She stooped down to give the, frankly unimpressed looking, little starter a hug, then moved to pick up her ball and trot it over to Ray excitedly.
The excitement of catching her first pokémon had wiped, temporarily, whatever she remembered learning about catching pokémon before.
"What do I do next?!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm
Ray stood up tall and grinned putting her hands on her hips as she watched the girl celebrate and hug Gummy.
"Well! Open er' up and say hello to your new Zubat!" She laughed with a gesture toward the ball. "You;ll want to introduce yourself, and Gummy, huh? Maybe start thinking of what you'll want to call it. have anything in mind?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:41 pm
Henrietta gasped slightly then nodded firmly, enthusiastically- one of the most quiet, excitement-based, reactions she'd had yet.

The girl fiddled with the ball, working the button and then bouncing up and down on her heels a little as the pokémon appeared in the gloom of the cave, in front of her and Gummy.
The Totodile looked at the Zubat with his usual slow blink, then greeted her by slowly opening and closing his mouth.

"Hi! So! I'm Henrietta, and this is Gummy, and we're your team now! And that's Ray!" Henrietta pointed back at the woman, then frowned to herself "But you already know her and stuff... Uh." She looked back at Ray. "I think I have a name!" Then back at the Zubat to tell her the same thing. "I think I have a name!"

The Zubat twitched her ears and waited patiently... then shook her head at the first suggestion.

"Lightning Bolt! 'Cuz you fly fast! Nope? Aw... Uh. Wings? Winglet? One of those could be cool..." She turned to Ray again. "Are pokémon always like this about their name? 'Cuz I wanna give her a really good one, but she didn't like 'Lightning Bolt'..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff