Welcome to Gaia! ::

PlayStation Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Playstation, playstation 3, Final Fantasy, xbox 360, Sony 

Reply General Hangout - Talk about Non PS3 Things Here! (aka, the chatterbox)
So I Bought A Hybrid . . .

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-gets prepared to be murdered for buying-

Okay. So after my taxes were completed I was able to go car shopping. What I was originally going to get was a Ford Fiesta Titanium Hatchback ((Personally I blame Top Gear for wanting one.)) and they had one in stock about 20 miles away from where I lived from the information I got from the internet. I was all excited in getting a Fiesta and looking forward to out running my friend's 1992 Corvette Convertible but it went all down hill . . . As it turned out they forgot to update their site and they sold it about two days ago so I was disappointed. So the guy at the dealership suggested to travel to the dealership near Zephyrhills which was an additional 12 miles to get to. So we get there and of course no luck . . . . However I spotted something a little better and it never really crossed my mind. A 2013 Ruby Red Ford C-Max Hybrid . . .

-cringes to the word "Hybrid"-

Trust me when I say this when I think about these cars I think "Oh no. Another useless car that thinks its saving the planet. I'll purchase a Hummer H2 over one of them silly things.". But alas 24k for a car that gets 47+ MPG its hard to pass up. Plus it has boot space, better coverage and it looks good on my taxes for next year. At least I keep a little dignity since its not a bloody Prius -cringes-.

So what are your thoughts on my purchase?
What do you think of hybrids?
Would you own a hybrid?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 am
* You made a sound purchase
* depending on the hybrid, I view them as a good thing as they are more fuel efficient without sacrificing all that much
* Seeing as I'm a boring person that could get by without ever needing to get gas save when the planets align behind my car, causing me to pull the extra weight, I would consider it if options for a car at ~25 MPG were pretty poor.

Personally, I'd rather have a Ford truck or a stocky car with a low center of gravity. Car accidents aren't fun, and a well made vehicle might not survive the impact, but will improve the chance that you will.  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 am
its better then what i have, my bus and all the strange people of the world in with me rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I took a couple pictures of it during the day on Instagram if you guys are interested.

[x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

VHS Glitch
Crew

Dannyxcores

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm
I thought you were going to mention Ken Block. Hybrids are ok. I like tuners more.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm
Nekromantlc
its better then what i have, my bus and all the strange people of the world in with me rofl

You mean a Volkswagen Bus or something else?  

VHS Glitch
Crew

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm
Mirri the Sneak
* You made a sound purchase
* depending on the hybrid, I view them as a good thing as they are more fuel efficient without sacrificing all that much
* Seeing as I'm a boring person that could get by without ever needing to get gas save when the planets align behind my car, causing me to pull the extra weight, I would consider it if options for a car at ~25 MPG were pretty poor.

Personally, I'd rather have a Ford truck or a stocky car with a low center of gravity. Car accidents aren't fun, and a well made vehicle might not survive the impact, but will improve the chance that you will.

Apparently the C-Max is littered with safetly features up the wazoo. Even the bloody seats got airbags in them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 pm
Dannyxcores
I thought you were going to mention Ken Block. Hybrids are ok. I like tuners more.

Trust me I love tuner cars. Especially for Fords and Subarus. lol Ken Block was my other inspiration on getting a Fiesta. Shoot I think a few days ago he was testing out the new Fiesta ST that is coming out this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGQai_jTMg  

VHS Glitch
Crew

Dannyxcores

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 pm
Sovi3t Unit
Trust me I love tuner cars. Especially for Fords and Subarus. lol Ken Block was my other inspiration on getting a Fiesta. Shoot I think a few days ago he was testing out the new Fiesta ST that is coming out this year.

surprised ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGQai_jTMg
surprised
Have you seen the new tc's? oh god. 2014 is gonna have one less hp then 2011-13's. I have no idea what went on over there. You probably don't care for scions but I have one so I'm up to date with them.

The front grille is too much for me and they made the rear look like an frs. They're both different cars. -_- Why?? Whyyyyy>>??

Oh well, I love mine.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:44 am
Sovi3t Unit
Nekromantlc

its just a public bus  

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:21 pm
Nekromantlc
Sovi3t Unit
Nekromantlc

its just a public bus

Ohh okay.
xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:17 am
Dannyxcores
surprised
Have you seen the new tc's? oh god. 2014 is gonna have one less hp then 2011-13's. I have no idea what went on over there. You probably don't care for scions but I have one so I'm up to date with them.

The front grille is too much for me and they made the rear look like an frs. They're both different cars. -_- Why?? Whyyyyy>>??

Oh well, I love mine.
Looks good on this tC though. Probably because it's a rwd drift car. It's not a 2014 though, he just replaced the front bumper. The rear is still the same.

http://youtu.be/2ZjQqRuEx_c  

Dannyxcores

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:30 pm
Dannyxcores
Sovi3t Unit

surprised ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGQai_jTMg
surprised

Oh well, I love mine.

Scions were okay when they first started in the states. Not a huge fan but some of their models are cool. FRS' are pretty sweet but for badges I would go for the Subaru BRZ or wait for them to make a STi model.  
General Hangout - Talk about Non PS3 Things Here! (aka, the chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games