Submit

Rowan of Kasai

Kawaii Nymph

21,875 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I always though LoZ Majora's Mask was pretty weird and after seeing it played, realized how directionless the game is. And it's really no wonder, last night my husband found a page explaining why it even exists. Did You Know Gaming {Note} URA Zelda is actually known now as OoT Master Quest, everything used in MM are items reused from OoT.

This is also quoted from Aonuma (the producer): “I hear about it often, and is a topic I’ve discussed many times with Mr. Miyamoto. However, we just released the Ocarina Of Time to the market, and now I believe we want the next The Legend of Zelda for Nintendo 3DS to be an original title, I believe that this is the way forward in the near future.”

And very recently when the Windwaker HD re-release was announced Miyamoto said he had little interest on working on remakes [in general] and really wants to focus on making NEW LoZ games. Not only but WW was more popular then Majora's Mask. I do like WW but cared VERY LITTLE for the cartoony cel-shaded graphics which was most peoples problemw with the game. Either that or so much time had passed that people don't want to break out a GC to play the game (my WW disc didnt work in my Wii for some reason but works 100% in my GC.)

Either way, I dont like Majora's Mask and do not care about a remake. From what I have seen, (to the second dungeon) the game is really difficult and seems a little impossible to play without a guide, as you do not know the times/locations of people you need to interact with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:59 pm
I've known this for a while, thanks to being in a relationship with a massive Zelda fan who loves Majora's Mask.

I wasn't really crazy about Majora's Mask, myself. Probably -because- it was so rushed. I respect it and admire what it is for what they had to work with... but it just wasn't for me.  

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 pm
Personally I love The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the Nintendo 64( I also have it for the GameCube as well), and my most favorite thing to do in Majora's Mask is swimming as a Zora biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:59 am
I've just gotta say, Majora's Mask is my all time favorite LoZ game, and possibly my favorite game in general. Not sure about that one...

Anyway, the game gives you something to help with the interaction and timing in the form of the Bomber's Notebook. Really, that thing is the best for figuring stuff out, if only because it tells you when events can happen. It doesn't tell you where the event it, or what it is until it happens, but you get a bar that shows you a time frame.

Beyond that, the game has a fantastic feel to it.  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

Ruff Rabbit

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:47 am
MM isn't directionless at all, it's just more focused around the characters than the adventure. As for being difficult, it wasn't made to be beaten in one or two resets (I think if you know what you're doing you can do it in about two resets per temple?).
It's one of my favorite Zelda games though, I find I don't really like the new ones too much because of all the tutorials and endlesssssss need to talk to your companion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:44 pm
It was a good game, but no where near as good as Ocarina of Time.  

Sexy Platypus Chef

Angelicstubborness

Shy Millionaire

14,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 pm
I really do like magoras mask. It's like a..slightly horror zelda game. xD
It all feels so creepy, but it is very buggy and I hate the controls, there are times it doesn't work like it should and it drives me NUTS. xD

But i'm still glad it was made ^_^  
Dark legion movement (Nintendo)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff