Pre-orders and pre-order bonuses

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm
I'm curious if pre-order bonuses help you decided if you purchase the game if you're unsure about it, and if you think they are necessary for game at all... Also, has they been any pre-order bonuses that you hoped would come but didn't or miss out on..?

I think pre-order bonuses are nice, not needed or necessary but I think it is nice and show that there is care to the fans by giving us them every now and again... Depending on the game, it might help me choose but not really... I mainly pre-order games that I really want and know I probably won't be able to find them unless I do this...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:58 pm
As long as the same content is made available for DLC later at purchase price, I'm fine with the existence of downloadable pre-order content.

Specific merchandise, such as Death's mask in Darksiders II, is also okay because that merchandise is designed to be limited and it actually feels like you're getting something substantial, not to mention you pay a little extra.

Overall, pre-order bonuses can win me over for pre-ordering a game from a specific location... but it won't convince me to buy a game I'm not sure I want for $60. If I was willing to buy a game I was unsure about for pre-order content, I'd have bought Mortal Kombat 9, got a few cheap skins, and paid three times what I -ever- wanted to pay for it.

Only games I ever pre-order are games I know I want anyhow. I have two games pre-ordered right now, and I have absolutely no clue what (if any) pre-order content they'll have.  

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:43 pm
I fully forgot about DLC...

You get specific location pre-orders where you're at..? Or from a specific website gives out different pre-order bonuses..? I've seen different sites give out (specifically with one of the HM games) animal plushies with pre-orders and they all were different...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:02 pm
Lil_Kaios
I fully forgot about DLC...

You get specific location pre-orders where you're at..? Or from a specific website gives out different pre-order bonuses..? I've seen different sites give out (specifically with one of the HM games) animal plushies with pre-orders and they all were different...
A good example is Injustice: Gods Among Us (new DC fighting game.)

Wal-Mart, BestBuy, and GameStop all have very different pre-order bonuses. Wal-Mart also gives you a free copy of DC vs. Mortal Kombat with the purchase (free coaster!)  

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm
Poeden
A good example is Injustice: Gods Among Us (new DC fighting game.)

Wal-Mart, BestBuy, and GameStop all have very different pre-order bonuses. Wal-Mart also gives you a free copy of DC vs. Mortal Kombat with the purchase (free coaster!)

That's cool, usually I just pre-order from GameStop... I rarely go into the Best Buy here (or Wal-Mart), mainly because they're aren't as nice and usually can't answer my questions...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:16 pm
I pre-ordered from Capcom for the newest Devil May Cry cause they were giving Dante's Pendant as a pre-order. I usually just look around online to see who has the best pre-order items I'd like to have. At Gamestop we didnt pre-order Okami Den but got the last pack since no one picked it up and they gave us the pre-order item which was an Okami Brush stylus and cleaning cloth.  

Rowan of Kasai

Kawaii Nymph

21,875 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500

Tahvar the Dragoness

Tahvar the Dragoness

Kindly Giftgiver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 am
The rare exported games like the one's produced by Mistwalker are great examples of what to buy when you hear of pre-orders. I will admit, the pre-order factor was an exponent of why I purchased games under them. Another was the fact that their history was good, like games from Suckerpunch Ubisoft, or Naughty Dog. All respectable companies.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 pm
Luckily for me, I don't have to pre-order games to get the bonus content. On base they basically only order pre-orders so everyone that wants one can get it. x3  

Sexy Platypus Chef

Game chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff