Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alexandra Anarchy

4,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 am
Holy crap. Mind blown..Anybody else? Theories surrounding the game? I'm interested in this business.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 pm
Alexandra Anarchy
Holy crap. Mind blown..Anybody else? Theories surrounding the game? I'm interested in this business.

this game was amazing haha
I really hope it wins GOTY
as for theories here's mine:
Comstock was Booker in an alternate reality where he didn’t decline the Baptism. Comstock took, either by force or through buying, Booker’s daughter Anna (also Elizabeth). Booker went on a cycle of trying to get her back that never ended and always ended up the same. In the end, he let himself be killed at the point where he turned into Comstock and thus everything ‘Comstock related’ died. He became himself in his last pure, Comstock-less memory, which was him with baby Anna.  

Program_Virus
Captain

Devoted Conventioneer

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Alexandra Anarchy

4,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 pm
Program_Virus
Alexandra Anarchy

this game was amazing haha
I really hope it wins GOTY
as for theories here's mine:
Comstock was Booker in an alternate reality where he didn’t decline the Baptism. Comstock took, either by force or through buying, Booker’s daughter Anna (also Elizabeth). Booker went on a cycle of trying to get her back that never ended and always ended up the same. In the end, he let himself be killed at the point where he turned into Comstock and thus everything ‘Comstock related’ died. He became himself in his last pure, Comstock-less memory, which was him with baby Anna.

That is actually a pretty sound theory.. I don't even know what I think. I was just mind blown.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:19 am
The ending just makes you want to replay the game to see all the conversations you missed.  

TakashiShinigami

Ruthless Businessman

8,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Imperialist American

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 pm
My understanding of the game:

As already pointed out and confirmed by Elizabeth, our Booker is apart of the universe where he doesn't accept the baptism and isn't born again as Comstock. Though as the other Elizabeths mentioned in other oceans/universes he accepted the baptism.
I don't remember the timeline specifically, but Comstock meets Rosalind who was experimenting with technology to open windows to other universes. She eventually opens a window where she is able to communicate with Robert, which is actually just her in another universe where she was born with a XY chromosome. I didn't realize until a later playthrough that they both were the same person and not actually "twins" until I heard the voxophone where she mentions that once Robert was brought to her world the only separating them was now just a Y chromosome. Anyways, before she is able to bring Robert into her world she could only speak with Robert, and they aren't able to physically go into each other's worlds just yet. Rosalind gets Comstock to provide her with sufficient funds from his influence in the United States to fund her research. She eventually is able to bring Robert into her world, but there are side effects that she mentions in voxophones scattered throughout Columbia such as massive confusion.

Against Rosalind's warning to not go through these tears due to what happened with Robert, Comstock eventually goes through a tear where he sees Columbia, and finds out that in another universe he created a floating city. This begins his whole prophecy craze, but traveling between worlds caused him to be sterile and pretty much made him crazy like it did to Robert.
Since Comstock is sterile and can't produce an actual blood heir to fulfill the rest of his prophecy he has Robert go back to his own world where our Booker already has a child. Our Booker is in a lot of gambling debt, and is presented with the offer that if he hands over Anna to Robert then Comstock would pay off his debt. Booker agrees, but then has a change of heart, tries to get Anna back, but it's too late and she ends up losing part of her finger while going through the tear. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think her losing her finger in Booker's world and being brought into another world where she is not supposed to exist makes her able to use the tears, which Comstock quickly takes advantage of. With the arrival of Anna, Lady Comstock is under the belief that her husband cheated on her with Rosalind, and demands Elizabeth be locked up.

Later on Comstock decides to tie up loose ends by having the Luteces killed by what appears to be an accident and blamed on the Vox, but they end up becoming "unhinged" from space and time, which allows them to travel between universes. They then decide to help our Booker regain his life due to their regret in helping Comstock. They bring our Booker into another universe where he has a chance to stop Comstock and save Elizabeth/Anna. Like all others before Booker when he goes through the tear he succumbs to the same confusion of being brought into another universe, and ends up believing that he's just going to Columbia to save some girl to pay off his debts. When Booker is confronted by the Lucetes after getting the first Vigor they have him do a coin flip where they keep track of all the results of the coin toss from all the other Bookers who have attempted to rescue Anna/Elizabeth. Our Booker is the 123rd Booker to attempt the rescue, but as Elizabeth mentions later on he is always defeated by Songbird.

Fast forward to when Elizabeth gets taken back by Songbird and Booker pursues, he ends up getting transported to the future where he meets future Elizabeth. Future Elizabeth provides Booker with the notes on how to control Songbird so he no longer ends up being defeated by it. Booker gets sent back in time, rescues Elizabeth, provides her with the note, and she figures out that it's used to have Songbird destroy the siphon, which was used to restrain Elizabeth's powers. With the Siphon destroyed Elizabeth is able to use her powers unrestrained and teleports herself, Booker, and Songbird to Rapture where they defeat Songbird for the first time.

Then she pretty much explains the whole deal from there on until Booker realizes that he's Comstock, and in order to save Elizabeth/Anna then Comstock must never have been born in the first place so instead of being born again as Comstock they drown Booker.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am
this game is amazing. Elizabeth is one of the best characters I have ever seen in a game. I just love her. The fighting mechanics are great. The vigors provide a cool magical feel similar to Skyrim. I just love it! 4laugh  

tegiebear

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:00 pm
I did one play through of it, became massively confused about what was going on..
Tried to grab the concept, couldn't really so had others explain it to me- each person with their different opinions on it.
In the end, I some what understand now xD
but overall. The game was a worthy play.
Plan on making another walk through of it to get some achievements I wasn't able to get during the first run

Game chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games