Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Woops!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm
My computer quit... gonk
Apparently the power supply died.
My brother is letting me borrow his, but it will be kinda iffy when I'll be on. I'll try to check in at least once a day.
Trying to get mine fixed/replaced as soon as possible...hopefully it won't be too expensive!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:03 pm
Well, the saga continues...
Bought a new computer...kept it for less than 24 hours!
It was NOT compatible with the old one, and couldn't even recover any of my information off the old one.
Took it back, and checked around - a place locally does have a power supply that SHOULD fit my old computer, but they close before I get home from work...sigh.
Will see if they'll let me leave an hour or so early tomorrow, so I might be able to get there before close.
(The way my luck has been running, I'll go to this much time and effort, and the replacement part won't fit.)  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:22 am
Got a new power supply...and after having to cut a small piece off my computer box to make it fit properly, turned it on and..,.
Poof! It blew up!
Literally!
It smelled like burning computer parts!!
And a piece came loose inside the new power supply (found that out when we took it out - it rattles now).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 pm
Oh no! Computer drama!  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:27 pm
Still no computer fix... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:48 am
My brother, bless his heart!, has been vey kind this past week, letting me use his computer to get online, but both of us are getting really tired of it.
Today I plan to go get the proper part (that WON'T explode!), or I'll break down and just get a new computer (one that is NOT Windows8-which are harder to find than they should be).
Either way, I should be back to full speed by Monday at the latest.
Keeping my fingers crossed!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm
New power supply in and working - so far... sweatdrop
Keeping fingers crossed I don't blow this one!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:05 am
Whew!! So far, so good. New power supply is slightly noisier than the old one was, but at least I know that it's working, since I hear it running!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm
Yay!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 am
Got so used to my computer not working I forgot to get on last night!

I put on nail polish instead, which would have been good, if I hadn't gone to sleep before it was completely dry...now I have textured nails, kinda... confused  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces